- Here's a window into how low the bad guys will stoop to steal retail inventory: Last week in California, 1,600 pounds of premium dog food, a $10,000 cargo on its way to feed animals at a local pet rescue facility, was stolen.
- Police have begun the second day of a manhunt targeting Desmonte Leonard -- the alleged killer responsible for a shooting near Auburn University that left three people dead and three others injured. The subject of a multiagency manhunt, Leonard, 22, faces three charges of capital murder in the shooting that took place on the evening of Saturday, June 10, at an off-campus Auburn, Alabama, apartment complex, police said.
- Attorney General Eric Holder assigned two prosecutors to look into the classified document leaks that fed two New York Times articles this past week, further heightening the profile of a debate between Democrats and Republicans about secrecy and the press.
- Walker could potentially become the third U.S. governor in history recalled by voters.
- Mads Mikkelsen has been given the honor of taking on the role as Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the new NBC television series, Hannibal. As Anthony Hopkins won his first Oscar playing the mastermind cannibalistic serial killer in the 1991 feature film, Silence of the Lambs, NBC has decided to recreate the experience with a television series.
- Investigators searching for the missing 22-year-old University of Louisiana at Lafayette student Mickey Shunick said they are analyzing her bicycle that was found on Sunday. Authorities said that the recovered bike appeared to have rear time damage when it is found by a fisherman about 27 miles from where she was last scene.
- The Harvard Alumni Association apologized for an entry in the 50th anniversary report for the class of 1962 in which Ted Kaczynski, the man known as the Unabomber who is serving multiple life sentences, updated his awards and current job title.
Pedro Hernandez, Man Who Admitted To Murdering Etan Patz, Placed On Suicide Watch: Hernandez's Sister Hopes For Justice For PatzPedro Hernandez, the former SoHo bodega stock boy who confessed to the murder of 6-year-old Etan Patz 33 years after the boy disappeared, was taken to Bellevue Hospital and placed on suicide watch. Authorities promptly put him the hospital after he told police he no longer takes his psychiatric medication.
Felix Roque Arrested: New Jersey Mayor and Son Joseph Roque Charged With Hacking Opponents? Web SiteFelix Roque, the Democratic Mayor of West New York, N.J., and son Joseph Roque have both been arrested on charges of hacking into a website and various emails in an effort to identify the parties plotting to rally against him.
- Dozens of people gathered to retrace the route that was taken by the Louisa college student Michaela Mickey Shunick, who mysteriously vanished while out for a bike ride last Saturday.
- There's a glimmer of hope that authorities may finally solve the 33-year-old cold case of Etan Patz, a boy who disappeared in 1979 while on his way to the school bus stop.
- Kim Dotcom Schmitz, the German-born founder of Megaupload, is now looking to defend himself in court, but in order to do so, he has demanded that his hard drives and his computers -- all 135 of them -- be returned to him so he can use the data for his defense.
Antolin Garcia-Torres, Accussed Of Kidnapping, Murdering Sierra LaMar, Was Under Police Surveillance For Several MonthsDetectives investigating the disappearance of Sierra LaMar secretly placed a GPS device on a red Jetta belonging to their chief suspect Antolin Garcia-Torres as they carefully watched his every move for two month hoping he would lead them to the missing California teenager. Investigators had questioned him several times as they collected evidence and interviewed witnesses building a case against the alleged murderer.
- U.S. Airways flight 787 was diverted to Maine on Tuesday, May 22, where it landed safely after reports of a passenger showing suspicious behavior. according to CNN , a passenger who claimed to have a device surgically implanted inside her triggered a security scare that led the plane to divert to North Carolina, with NORAD F-15 fighter jets by its side.
- A&E's reality series Dog the Bounty Hunter has been cancelled. TMZ broke the news that the network has cancelled Dog the Bounty Hunter and stopped any move towards a Season 9 after contract negations betwween the bounty hunting family and A&E crumbled.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) suspended its share-buyback program on Monday, a move CEO Jamie Dimon said was intended to preserve capital.
- In December, several months before Isabel Celis was reported missing, Child Protective Services workers visited the home.
- Alleged hacker Jeremy Hammond appeared in court on Tuesday, May 15 to plead not guilty under charges of conspiracy to commit computer hacking among other allegations, but made no bail request, according to AP. Hammond's next court date is July 23.
Isabel Celis Missing: Tucson Police Release 911 Tapes, Sergio Celis Barred From Speaking With His SonsPolice from Tucson, Ariz., who are investigating the disappearance of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, have released 911 tapes from the day her parents called the emergency number after finding their daughter missing.