William Patrick Hitler Writes FDR Letter Requesting To Join US Military And Fight Nazis In WWII [PHOTO]William Patrick Hitler reportedly wrote a letter to President Franklin D. Roosevelt requesting that he be allowed to enlist in the U.S. military to fight against the Nazis in WWII.
- The FBI kept tabs on Monroe under the file "Foreign Intelligence." J. Edgar Hoover was worried she had taken up with communists while other conspiracies suggest the Kennedy brothers had her killed. Theories have only heated up since the FBI has delayed releasing information to the Associated Press.
- Air Canada is investigating how a sewing needle ended up inside a pre-wrapped sandwich on a July 30 flight. The bizarre incident comes just two weeks after Delta Air Lines found needles in turkey sandwiches served on four of its flights.
- Police have located on Tuesday the body of missing FBI agent Stephen Ivens behind a church in Burbank, Calif. The 35-year-old agent had been missing since early May.
- Brooklyn's hot pink-blazer wearing Senate hopeful Mindy Meyer has endorsed Mitt Romney for president. The high-spirited 22-year-old is running against 10-year Democratic incumbent Sen. Kevin Parker for the New York State Senate in the 21st District.
- It?s like George Orwell meets the Mad Hatter. A local government board in Arizona finds nothing wrong with charging taxpayers nearly $2 million for a new police facility -- and then refusing to disclose the building?s location.
- How well protected are the London Olympics? As it turns out, incredibly well.
Carly Rae Jepsen Scandal Is Latest In String Of Nude Celeb Pics, 10 Other Hollywood Stars Who Have Been Hacked [PHOTOS]Police are investigating a computer hacking scandal that has reportedly resulted in leaked nude photos "Call Me Maybe" singer Carly Rae Jepsen. Click "start" to check out 10 other celebs who have been hacked.
- The alleged gunman behind the Aurora massacre sent a package to a Colorado psychiatrist that depicted stick figures shooting other stick figures and other illustrations of the massacre, according to Fox News.
- The National Collegiate Athletic Association on Monday banned Penn State University from post-season bowl games for four years, fined the university $60 million and imposed other sanctions in an unprecedented punishment for its inaction when officials were alerted to child sex abuse by former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.
- Penn State University removed the statue of late Coach Joe Paterno outside the Beaver Satdium Sunday, after president Rodney Erickson said it has become a source of division and an obstacle to healing in the school and elsewhere.
- The search for two missing Iowa cousins is getting a boost from an FBI dive team as law-enforcement officials said they were keeping a close eye on the father of one of the girls as he awaits trial on unrelated drug charges.
Who Is James Holmes, Aurora Colorado Shooting Suspect? Photo And Details Of ‘Dark Knight Massacre’ Murderer EmergeDetails have emerged on James Holmes, the suspect in a Colorado movie theater shooting that has left 12 dead and dozens injured during a packed showing of “The Dark Knight Rises.” Attention has shifted toward the 24-year old murderer, and here is a breakdown of what is known so far.
- Police have released the first of many 911 calls that were made in response to the shooting that took place at Century 16 Theater in Aurora, Colorado during the early hours of Friday, July 20.
‘Dark Knight Rises’ Shooting: Police Evacuate James Holmes Block Amid Claims Explosives In Colorado HomePolice surrounded the home of a man suspected of shooting 12 people dead and wounding 50 others at a late-night screening in Colorado of “The Dark Knight Rises.” It was also reported that shooter James Holmes has admitted to having explosives stored at his home.
James Holmes, Colorado Shooting Suspect's Mother Says 'You Have The Right Person,' 'Dark Knight Rises' Massacre Suspect In Police CustodyJames Holmes, the man believed to be the alleged gunman responsible for the Colorado shooting that left 12 dead and 38 wounded in the early morning hours of Friday, July 20, is in police custody, authorities said.
‘Dark Knight’ Shooting: 14 Dead And 50 Injured At Aurora Theatre In Colorado, President Obama Releases StatementA midnight viewing of the Dark Knight rises ended up deadly at the16 Movie Theatre at the Aurora Town Center in Colorado. At approximately 12:39 a.m., a gunman opened fire on the Denver suburb movie theatre, killing 17 and injuring approximately 50 people.
- According to the latest figures released Thursday, the murder rate in the UK fell by 14 percent year-on-year to 550 homicides in 2011-12; the lowest it's been since 1983. Violent crime in England and Wales also fell by 7 percent, while robberies declined by 2 percent. Overall crime rates against adults remained at the same as they have been for the last three years.
- Federal agents searched the home of Tony Mack, mayor of Trenton, N.J. on Wednesday but didn't specify what they were looking for. Mack has said he hasn't violated the public's trust.