Articles by Florida
- Romney, Not Minicing Words, Tells Donors Palestinians Have 'No Interest' In Peace'
September 18 2012 1:20 PM
Romney's stance on Palestine, the two-state solution with Israel, and the peace process, were made abundantly clear in a recording obtained by Mother Jones. Thus far in the campaign, Romney's foreign policy statements in general have shown that he's not afraid to say what's on his mind.
- Why About 50% Of Americans Pay No US Income Tax
September 18 2012 12:20 PM
They're not dodging the taxman. Most of them are too poor to qualify.
- Miami Dolphins News: How Reggie Bush Got His Groove Back
September 17 2012 2:20 PM
After struggling in his first few years in the NFL, Reggie Bush has become a top NFL running back with the Miami Dolphins.
- LSU Replaces USC at No. 2 Spot in AP Rankings
September 16 2012 2:58 PM
The Trojans dropped to No. 13 following their upset loss to Stanford.
- Florida vs. Tennessee Where to Watch FREE Live Online Stream, Prediction, Betting Odds, and Preview for Saturday?s SEC Game
September 15 2012 3:05 PM
Florida hopes to stay perfect in the SEC has they face Tennessee Saturday.
- Fear And Latex In Los Angeles: Condom Use Pushed For Porn Industry
September 15 2012 1:30 PM
An AIDS advocacy group wants Los Angeles County to make sure all actors in pornographic films wear condoms, but the porn purveyors are overwhelmingly against it. A California ballot initiative will decide who prevails.
- Village Voice Editor Tony Ortega Is Leaving To Write A Scientology Book
September 14 2012 6:25 PM
Tony Ortega, who has been the editor-in-chief of the Village Voice since 2007, announced via blog post on Friday that he is stepping down next week. The alt-weekly has seen a number of staff layoffs in the last few years.
- Walmart Apologizes For Turning Away Florida Kids' September 11 Tribute
September 14 2012 2:28 PM
Walmart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) issued an apology to Florida elementary school students who were turned away from singing "God Bless America" at the chain's Pembroke Pines location to pay tribute to the victims Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.
- NFL’s Dan Marino Loses Millions: Why Did Digital Domain Go Bankrupt?
September 14 2012 1:43 PM
NFL Hall of Famer Dan Marino is one of the major investors who lost millions when the visual-effects company filed for bankruptcy last week. The Oscar-winning company, founded in 1993 by James Cameron, had created effects for such movies as "Titanic," "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" and the "Trasnformers" franchise.
- Manny Pacquiao: Juan Manuel Marquez to Fight a Fourth Time?
September 14 2012 1:00 PM
A deal appears to be place for Manny Pacqiao to face Juan Manuel Marquez for the fourth time.
- Obama Leads Romney Nationally, Has Edge In Florida, Ohio And Virginia: Polls
September 14 2012 9:58 AM
President Barack Obama has opened a slim lead over Mitt Romney in three battleground states, according to a new series of NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll.
- Republicans Double Down, Rally To Romney's Side In Libya Flap
September 13 2012 12:03 PM
Even as Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney defends his criticism of how President Obama handled the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, other Republicans echoed Romney by saying Obama's policies are partly to blame.
- US-Cuba Travel Snarled By Regulations, Politics
September 13 2012 11:51 AM
The Obama administration's much touted "people-to-people" travel program to Cuba has all but ground to a halt due to tighter regulations issued in May, apparently to placate Cuban-American lawmakers, travel industry professionals said this week.
- Tim Tebow to be Traded by Jets at End of Season? Source Says Quarterback Could Want out of New York
September 13 2012 10:32 AM
The Jets could trade Tim Tebow at the end of the season. A source says the quarterback could request to leave New York if Mark Sanchez remains the starter.
- Today In Swing-State Voting Battles: Florida Purge Dulled, Pennsylvania ID To Supreme Court
September 13 2012 10:18 AM
In Florida, voters who were struck from the rolls as part of a controversial purge are set to be reinstated; in Pennsylvania, a battle over a new law requiring photo identification at the polls reaches the highest court.
- 'Innocence of Muslims' And 5 Other Western Depictions Of Mohammed That Inflamed The Islamic World
September 12 2012 3:15 PM
The depiction of the prophet Mohammed in the Western media has long been a sore point among Muslims, who view the artistic expressions as blasphemous and highly offensive. "Innocence of Muslims," the anti-Mohammed film that gained YouTube notoriety and spurred the Benghazi, Libya, attack that killed Ambassador, is hardly the first Western media reference to the prophet to incite religious backlash.
- More Homeowners Rise Above Underwater Mortgages In 2Q: CoreLogic
September 12 2012 1:59 PM
The number of U.S. homeowners with negative equity, or underwater mortgages, fell in the second quarter as home prices increased and inventory fell, foreclosure data firm CoreLogic said Wednesday.
- Attention Business Travelers: These US Cities Tax You The Most
September 12 2012 11:20 AM
The Global Business Travel Association, or GBTA, has released its 2012 report on the best and worst travel taxes in the top 50 U.S. destinations.
- Tupac Hologram Creator, Digital Domain, Files For Bankruptcy After Laying Off 320 Employees [VIDEO]
September 12 2012 11:16 AM
Digital Domain Media, the company that created the Tupac Shakur hologram from the 2012 Coachella festival, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Scott Van Duzer, Florida Pizzeria Owner Who Gave Obama Bear Hug, Becomes Internet Sensation [PHOTO]
September 11 2012 2:10 PM
A day ago, Scott Van Duzer was just another pizzeria owner. Today he's the talk of the Internet and the country, known as that guy who gave a bear hug to President Obama.