Articles by Florida
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Cleveland Browns: Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Preview, Michael Vick Will Sit Out Eagles Third Preseason Game
August 24 2012 4:21 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles face the Cleveland Browns in NFL Week 3 preseason action.
- Pre-Opening Corn Market Report for 8/24/2012 8/24
August 24 2012 11:29 AM
December corn bounced overnight and is trading 4 1/2 cents higher near 7:30 am CST. The corn market opened up steady at 5 pm last night but gains were extended near 3:30 am. European stocks edged lower as a working group led by Germany's deputy finance minister discusses the economic impact if Greece were to leave the Euro zone. US treasuries saw marginal gains against a slightly higher US Dollar. The market remains in a volatile consolidation. The corn market edged higher overnight following...
- Pre-Opening Soy Complex Market Report 8/24
August 24 2012 11:24 AM
November soybeans are trading 16 cents higher near 7:30 am cst. Soybean meal edged higher overnight and oil posted a new high for the move. Asian stocks were weaker overnight, with the Shanghai composite closing at some of the lowest levels in several years. Apparently investors have become impatient with the wait for definitive easing action from the PBOC and there also seemed to be renewed concerns toward the Euro zone in Asia into the weekend. With dovish comments from a Fed member again over...
- First Photos Of Evelyn Lozada Since Domestic Dispute Surface Amidst Alleged Chad Johnson Affairs Reports
August 24 2012 11:08 AM
It may come as no surprise that during their relationship, Johnson kept direct messaging other women on the social networking site, and had several affairs, according to reports
- Tropical Storm Isaac Wreaks Havoc In Puerto Rico, Gathers Strength Towards Haiti (PHOTOS)
August 24 2012 8:47 AM
After unleashing heavy rains in Puerto Rico, tropical storm Isaac is inching closer to the Dominican Republic and Haiti Friday, even as the organizers of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida, make alternate arrangements in lieu of the National Hurricane Center's weather forecast that Isaac is likely to pass near the state's Gulf Coast Monday.
- Isaac Dumps Rain On Puerto Rico, Heads For DR
August 23 2012 9:48 PM
Tropical Storm Isaac unleashed heavy rain and winds off Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands as it moved across the Caribbean Thursday and could strengthen into a hurricane before tearing across the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- Michael Jordan's Son Marcus Trouble; Did He Inherit Michael's Bad Side?
August 23 2012 7:30 PM
When news broke Thursday that Michael Jordan’s son Marcus had been fined for disturbing the peace it raised the question of whether Marcus, who is 21, inherited his father’s bad traits. CBS News reports that Marcus pleaded no contest to disturbing the peace and although he went to police headquarters to apologize, the behavior could be part of a wider pattern that has been passed down from one Jordan generation to the next.
- ZeekRewards Class-Action Plaintiffs Hire Prominent NC Politician As Lawyer
August 23 2012 7:26 PM
Plaintiffs for the class-action lawsuit filed against Rex Venture Group, ZeekRewards, and the company's found and CEO Paul Burks are being represented by James "Cal" Cunningham, a local politician and former member of the North Carolina Senate.
- Celine Dion’s Risqué High-Fashion Shoot With 'V Magazine:' Is The Singer Having A Midlife Crisis? [PHOTOS]
August 23 2012 5:30 PM
Celine Dion posed for a sexy photo shoot with "V Magazine" in a way that the world has never seen her before; could the 44-year-old Grammy-winner be going through a midlife crisis?
- Tropical Storm Isaac’s Path Across The Caribbean Cancels Flights, Alters Cruise Itineraries
August 23 2012 2:18 PM
Tropical Storm Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, sped past the Leeward Islands Thursday on a path across the Caribbean toward the Florida coast.
- Majority of Swing State Voters Oppose Changes To Medicare, But Florida Seniors Still Love Paul Ryan
August 23 2012 11:24 AM
In Florida, Ohio and Wisconsin, most voters do not want to see the kind of changes to Medicare proposed by the Romney-Ryan ticket.
- Tropical Storm Isaac Disrupts Travel In The Caribbean
August 22 2012 3:39 PM
Tropical Storm Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, sped toward the Leeward Islands Wednesday afternoon on an ominous path across the Caribbean.
- Republicans Hope To Adopt ‘Most Conservative Platform’ In Modern History
August 22 2012 1:30 PM
The RNC's 2012 platform calls for annual audits of the Federal Reserve, bans all legal recognition of same-sex couples, and prohibits abortion in cases of rape and incest.
- Applanet.net, Appbucket.net And Snappzmarket.com Seized For Hosting Pirated Android Apps
August 22 2012 12:33 PM
Three websites accused of copyright infringement for allowing the illegal download of Android apps have been taken down. Applanet.net, Appbucket.net and Snappzmarket.com have all been seized by the FBI.
- Hurricane Isaac Expected To Land Near GOP National Convention 2012; Weather Advisory Issued By National Hurricane Center In Miami
August 22 2012 10:37 AM
An advisory was issued at 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning in the midst of tropical storm Isaac, a weather system that is expected to reach hurricane strength.
- Kate 'Ma' Barker, Mother Of 1930's Gangster Fred 'Doc' Barker, Home For Sale; Florida House Still Riddled With Original Bullet Holes [PHOTOS]
August 22 2012 9:14 AM
The Florida home of Kate "Ma" Barker, matriarch of the infamous Barker gang from the "public enemy era," is currently up for sale. Check out photos of the 2,016 square foot estate
- GOP Pounces On Obama's Problems To Find Themes For Republican National Convention
August 21 2012 3:20 PM
The themes of the Republican National Convention next week will be focusing on some of the economic and social problems Americans are facing under a Democratic White House.
- Diana Nyad Swim From Cuba To Florida Cut Short After Swimmer Sustains Severe Jellyfish Stings
August 21 2012 9:44 AM
Diana Nyad, a long-distance swimmer noted for her world-record endurance championships, has cut short her latest attempt to swim across the Straits of Florida. Nyad was pulled out of the water Tuesday morning after severe jellyfish stings and a lightning storm put her off course, her team said.
- U.S. Swimmer Pushes Forward on Cuba-Florida Swim After Storm
August 20 2012 2:15 PM
Endurance swimmer Diana Nyad overcame a night of lightning, rain, and wind.
- Diana Nyad's Cuba To Florida Swim Continues Despite Jellyfish Stings, Storm
August 20 2012 10:45 AM
Diana Nyad is not letting a multitude of jellyfish stings that sidelined her 2011 swim from Cuba to Florida derail her latest attempt at the feat.