- After unleashing heavy rains in Puerto Rico, tropical storm Isaac is inching closer to the Dominican Republic and Haiti Friday, even as the organizers of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida, make alternate arrangements in lieu of the National Hurricane Center's weather forecast that Isaac is likely to pass near the state's Gulf Coast Monday.
- When news broke Thursday that Michael Jordan’s son Marcus had been fined for disturbing the peace it raised the question of whether Marcus, who is 21, inherited his father’s bad traits. CBS News reports that Marcus pleaded no contest to disturbing the peace and although he went to police headquarters to apologize, the behavior could be part of a wider pattern that has been passed down from one Jordan generation to the next.
- Plaintiffs for the class-action lawsuit filed against Rex Venture Group, ZeekRewards, and the company's found and CEO Paul Burks are being represented by James "Cal" Cunningham, a local politician and former member of the North Carolina Senate.
Celine Dion’s Risqué High-Fashion Shoot With 'V Magazine:' Is The Singer Having A Midlife Crisis? [PHOTOS]Celine Dion posed for a sexy photo shoot with "V Magazine" in a way that the world has never seen her before; could the 44-year-old Grammy-winner be going through a midlife crisis?
- Tropical Storm Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, sped past the Leeward Islands Thursday on a path across the Caribbean toward the Florida coast.
- In Florida, Ohio and Wisconsin, most voters do not want to see the kind of changes to Medicare proposed by the Romney-Ryan ticket.
- Tropical Storm Isaac, the ninth named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, sped toward the Leeward Islands Wednesday afternoon on an ominous path across the Caribbean.
- The RNC's 2012 platform calls for annual audits of the Federal Reserve, bans all legal recognition of same-sex couples, and prohibits abortion in cases of rape and incest.
- Three websites accused of copyright infringement for allowing the illegal download of Android apps have been taken down. Applanet.net, Appbucket.net and Snappzmarket.com have all been seized by the FBI.
Hurricane Isaac Expected To Land Near GOP National Convention 2012; Weather Advisory Issued By National Hurricane Center In MiamiAn advisory was issued at 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning in the midst of tropical storm Isaac, a weather system that is expected to reach hurricane strength.
Kate 'Ma' Barker, Mother Of 1930's Gangster Fred 'Doc' Barker, Home For Sale; Florida House Still Riddled With Original Bullet Holes [PHOTOS]The Florida home of Kate "Ma" Barker, matriarch of the infamous Barker gang from the "public enemy era," is currently up for sale. Check out photos of the 2,016 square foot estate
- The themes of the Republican National Convention next week will be focusing on some of the economic and social problems Americans are facing under a Democratic White House.
- Diana Nyad, a long-distance swimmer noted for her world-record endurance championships, has cut short her latest attempt to swim across the Straits of Florida. Nyad was pulled out of the water Tuesday morning after severe jellyfish stings and a lightning storm put her off course, her team said.
- Endurance swimmer Diana Nyad overcame a night of lightning, rain, and wind.
- Diana Nyad is not letting a multitude of jellyfish stings that sidelined her 2011 swim from Cuba to Florida derail her latest attempt at the feat.
Pittsburgh Steelers vs Indianapolis Colts: Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction, Preview, Andrew Luck?s Second Preseason Game of 2012A banged up Pittsburgh Steelers work in a new offensive system against the Indianapolis Colts.
Amtrak CEO Boardman Begs Congress For Billions In Funding But The Private Sector May Have To Right The RailroadFrance, Germany, Spain, China and Japan, among other nations, have moved by leaps and bounds ahead of the U.S. in cutting-edge rail transportation (and in rail line profitability), while Amtrak struggles to survive on budgetary scraps from Congress. Many rail experts believe that only investments from the private sector and sovereign wealth funds can save Amtrak.
- Catherine Bosley, a television news anchor, recently won a case against Hustler Inc. who had published a photo of her dancing in a wet T-shirt contest without her permission. On Thursday a federal appeals court ruled against the photographer, who argued that the image was protected under the First Amendment, according to Reuters.
Kathleen Miskell, Parasailing Accident Victim, Killed In Pompano Beach After Harness Breaks, Was With Husband Stephen Miskell [PHOTO]Kathleen Miskell, a 28-year-old Connecticut woman, was killed while parasailing with her husband over the Atlantic Ocean just off Pompano Beach, Fla., on Wednesday.