- Amazing security camera footage has captured several theieves ramming a BMW into an Apple Store in order to steal iPhones. The Apple Store theft occurred on September 6, as the driver slammed his car into the electronics store and an accomplice loaded a bag with phones.
- Preorders have just begun for Apple?s iPhone 5, the highly rumored next-generation smartphone to be released on Sept. 21. Fans now know everything about the device, from its release date, to its features and hardware specs. But when a new smartphone debuts from Apple, fans look forward to move than just the device: they shop for brand new accessories.
- A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission found that Apple hadn?t violated any of Samsung?s patent rights for products designed into the iPhone and iPad product lines. Last month, a jury in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., determined Samsung had infringed upon Apple?s patents and awarded the Cupertino, Calif., company $1.05 billion in compensation.
- The oppressive life in the plants where a third party assembles Apple iPhones remains an integral part of what is needed to deliver the product into the hands of the consumer. Conditions in the factories making the iconic product of the 21st century bring to mind the 19th.
- Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, should reap another windfall from selling the iPhone 5 because component costs are only around $167.50, engineers at UBM TechInsights reported. Apple will sell the product for as much as $399 and charge wireless carriers about $450.
- The Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhone 5 won't work on the LTE infrastructure of China's largest mobile network, Nomura analysts reported Friday, the latest setback for a launch that is not making the expected waves in that Asian country.
Apple iPhone 5 Pre-Orders Delayed Two Weeks From Release Date: Is Online Ordering Worth The Price Of Waiting?One hour after pre-orders for the new iPhone 5 went live on Apple's website Friday morning, shipping estimates from the online Apple Store have already been delayed to two weeks for customers in the US, UK, Germany, Canada and Australia. Currently, any new iPhone 5 purchases will likely be shipped and delivered two weeks after the iPhone 5's actual release date on Sept. 21, by Friday, Oct. 5.
- Just within an hour of the Apple (AAPL) iPhone 5 pre-orders going live, shipment dates for the new orders dropped to two weeks in the U.S., U.K., Canada, Germany and Australia, MacRumors stated.
Microsoft Santa Comes Calling; Free Surface Tablets, Work PCs, Windows Phone 8 Devices For EmployeesAfter the iPhone 5 euphoria, it's back to Goliath Microsoft. The Redmond-software giant seems to have ushered in Christmas in Fall by deciding to distribute free surface RT tablet, Windows Phone 8 device and a refreshed Windows 8 work machine, Geek Wire reported.
Apple iPhone 5: Ready To Pre-Order? Don't Be Surprised If Verizon, Sprint Don't Support Simultaneous Voice And DataApple has confirmed that it will start taking online pre-orders of the new iPhone 5 at exactly 12:01 a.m. PT (3:01 a.m. ET) Sept. 14. When it comes to carriers, Sprint and AT&T customers can pre-order the handset at the same time while Verizon will reportedly open its online shop a minute earlier at 12 a.m. PT.
- Jimmy Kimmel decided to poke fun at all of the iPhone 5 hype by handing people on the street an older model iPhone 4S and telling them it was Apple's latest product. The results are pretty amazing.
- Apple has officially announced the release date for its iPhone 5, which will hit stores on Sept. 21. Preorders for the next-generation smartphone begin on Friday, Sept. 14, but Verizon users may run into some trouble if they wish to keep their unlimited data plan.
- Want to play the iPhone 5 craze created by Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) and not pay the price for Apple's near-$700 shares. Think of some of its suppliers like Arm Holings (Nasdaq: ARMH) and Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM), or even Corning (NYSE: GLW) whose products are designed into the product.
- The iPhone 5 has almost everything we expected - emphasis on "almost." The phone has all of the important features we predicted, including the taller and thinner build, the new 4-inch Retina Display with a 16:9 ratio for watching widescreen video, but there were many rumored features that didn't make it into the final product release, including NFC, 3D photography and the self-timing camera. Apple iPhone 5: 11 Features We Wish Were Included In The Final Release
- On Wednesday Apple officially revealed the iPhone 5, laying to rest the endless release date rumors, price estimates and speculations on what features the device would include. The device was released alongside a brand new line of iPod Nano and iPod Touch products at the Yerva Center in San Francisco, where Apple’s Tim Cook and Phil Schiller took the stage.
- When the first customers for the iPhone 5 from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, get their new products next Friday, chances are they’ll rave over the latest model, the upgrade for the nearly year-old iPhone 4S. But some anticipated items are absent, like an upgrade to Siri, NFC and biometric security.
- Steve Wozniak, the programmer and computer engineer who helped launch what would later become Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL), didn't have the best things to say about his former company when the subject of Apple's recent legal battle with Samsung (KRX:005930) came up, even as he expressed his anticipation for purchasing the new iPhone 5. Speaking to Bloomberg about Wednesday's launch of the highly anticipated iPhone 5 unveiling, Wozniak praised the iPhone 5, but also commented on the recent ...
Apple EarPods: 3 Major Benefits Of The New Earbuds Redesign, As Explained By Lead Designer Jony Ive [VIDEO]Apple's earbuds, those simple white earphones that have shipped with every iPod since the very first one in 2001, have grown to be as symbolic of Apple brand as the iPod itself. After a few minor variations on the same design, adding the remote and microphone features over the past 10 years, Apple finally unveiled a brand-new redesign of its earbuds at Wednesday's media event in San Francisco. But don't call them earbuds, those are yesterday's news; Apple's next-generation earphon...
- Shares of Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, rose 1 percent in Thursday trading after several analysts at firms including Goldman Sachs (NYSEL GS) boosted their price targets for the Cupertino, Calif.-based company, citing potential sales of the iPhone 5.
- During Wednesday's special media event in San Francisco for the unveiling of iPhone 5, Apple also released a GM (Golden Master) seed of the OS on its developer portal. Here's how to jailbreak iOS 6 GM on A4 devices using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4.