- The owner of the bar and restaurant chain Bikinis has purchased a ghost town from Craigslist and aims to rename it and rebrand it into a hip and popular tourist destination.
- The former New York Knick beat out Robert Griffin III, Rob Gronkowski, and others en route to his first ESPN honor.
- Here's all you need to know about the ESPY Awards 2012, including a breakdown of nominees, a livestream, a preview, award winners and more.
Eva Cameron Abandons Mentally Disabled Daughter, Lynn Cameron, In Bar And Refuses To Take Her Back [VIDEO]An Illinois mother drove to Tennessee where she dropped her mentally disabled teenage daughter in a bar and refused to take her back when authorities contacted her.
- [EMBARGO 5PM] The company that makes OxyContin altered the formula for the painkiller back in 2010 to deter people from abusing the drug. But many users are just changing their habit instead of kicking it, according to new data.
- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and the Shah of Iran were solidly supported by the U.S., Israel, and Western Europe -- a scenario that outraged much of the populace in each country and exacerbated festering resentments.
Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Vanceinfo Tech, Patriot Coal, First Tennessee, Mcmoran, Mcmoran, iSoftStone, Hexcel)The top after-market NYSE gainers Thursday were: Vanceinfo Technologies, Denbury Resources, Patriot Coal, McMoRan Exploration and First Tennessee National Corp. The top after-market NYSE losers were: iSoftStone Holdings, Teradata Corp, Leapfrog Enterprises, Hexcel Corp and Kronos Worldwide Inc.
- Katie Holmes, who filed for divorce from Tom Cruise last week, and their daughter Suri reportedly are being watched by a creepy crew from the Church of Scientology
- Thousands of miles away, a cadre of international Nobel laureates assembled to discuss global warming were having a, er, heated debate, arguing over data that the vast majority of scientists the world over say shows clear evidence of manmade climate change. But in the steaming streets of Brooklyn, the crowded public pools of Atlanta and the power outage-hit suburbs of Washington, D.C., the discussion was unanimous: It was hot.
- A large portion of the East Coast has been hit by a heat wave that will expand upward over the weekend and head north, potentially shattering records.
- Mississippi could soon be the only state in the nation without an abortion clinic.
- The Dole Food Company has issued a precautionary recall involving 1,077 packages of bagged salads that were sold in six states at Wal-Mart and Kroger under those supermarket brands over possible listeria contamination, the California-based company announced.
- Having the hiccups for even an hour is irritating, but can you imagine having them for twenty-seven years? Believe it or not, having the hiccups for more than a quarter century is not a world record and Bob Taylor doesn't plan on sacrificing his peace to break it.
Tennessee Passes Law Against ?Gateway Sexual Activity?, Critics Suspect Holding Hands Qualifies As SexCritics are firing back at Tennessee's controversial no holding hands bill saying it could lead to students not getting the comprehensive education they need to learn how to avoid teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.
- A wedding is usually a time for families to come together and celebrate the union of a loving couple; but for Wynonna Judd, her wedding was anything but a family affair. Wynonna Judd explains why she did not invite mother Naomi and sister Ashley to the nuptials of her and drummer Cactus Moser.
- Russia also has a vested interest in maintaining its decades-old relationship with Syria, which is in large part built on weapons and defense contracts.
- Nashville, Tenn. officials said more than 5,000 people were evacuated from Opryland Hotel after a gas leak resulted in an explosion overnight. No one was injured.
- The Temper Trap put on one of the most heartfelt, body swaying and lyric shouting performances at Bonnaroo this year.
- Brian Posehn might look surly, but he does his best to be nice to his legions of fans.