Articles by Tennessee
- Town Renamed Bikinis: Doug Guller Rebranding Bankersmith, Texas, Into Party Town
July 18 2012 3:21 PM
The owner of the bar and restaurant chain Bikinis has purchased a ghost town from Craigslist and aims to rename it and rebrand it into a hip and popular tourist destination.
- Jeremy Lin Rides Linsanity To His ESPY For Breakthrough Player Of The Year
July 11 2012 9:50 PM
The former New York Knick beat out Robert Griffin III, Rob Gronkowski, and others en route to his first ESPN honor.
- ESPY Awards 2012 Nominees, Livestream, Preview, Winners Of ESPN's Awards
July 11 2012 8:57 PM
Here's all you need to know about the ESPY Awards 2012, including a breakdown of nominees, a livestream, a preview, award winners and more.
- Eva Cameron Abandons Mentally Disabled Daughter, Lynn Cameron, In Bar And Refuses To Take Her Back [VIDEO]
July 11 2012 6:21 PM
An Illinois mother drove to Tennessee where she dropped her mentally disabled teenage daughter in a bar and refused to take her back when authorities contacted her.
- [EMBARGO 5PM] Many OxyContin Addicts Switching To Heroin After Formula Change: Study
July 11 2012 4:58 PM
[EMBARGO 5PM] The company that makes OxyContin altered the formula for the painkiller back in 2010 to deter people from abusing the drug. But many users are just changing their habit instead of kicking it, according to new data.
- Egypt 2012 Vs. Iran 1979: Superficial Similarities, But Vastly Different Revolutions
July 07 2012 1:01 PM
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and the Shah of Iran were solidly supported by the U.S., Israel, and Western Europe -- a scenario that outraged much of the populace in each country and exacerbated festering resentments.
- Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Vanceinfo Tech, Patriot Coal, First Tennessee, Mcmoran, Mcmoran, iSoftStone, Hexcel)
July 06 2012 1:16 AM
The top after-market NYSE gainers Thursday were: Vanceinfo Technologies, Denbury Resources, Patriot Coal, McMoRan Exploration and First Tennessee National Corp. The top after-market NYSE losers were: iSoftStone Holdings, Teradata Corp, Leapfrog Enterprises, Hexcel Corp and Kronos Worldwide Inc.
- Are Scientologists Tracking Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise?
July 02 2012 7:12 PM
Katie Holmes, who filed for divorce from Tom Cruise last week, and their daughter Suri reportedly are being watched by a creepy crew from the Church of Scientology
- As US Fries In Heat Wave, Half A World Away, Eggheads Wonder If Global Warming Is Real
July 01 2012 2:59 PM
Thousands of miles away, a cadre of international Nobel laureates assembled to discuss global warming were having a, er, heated debate, arguing over data that the vast majority of scientists the world over say shows clear evidence of manmade climate change. But in the steaming streets of Brooklyn, the crowded public pools of Atlanta and the power outage-hit suburbs of Washington, D.C., the discussion was unanimous: It was hot.
- Heat Wave East Coast 2012: Cities Forecast To Hit The 100 Degree Mark
June 29 2012 3:58 PM
A large portion of the East Coast has been hit by a heat wave that will expand upward over the weekend and head north, potentially shattering records.
- Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic Sues To Avoid Closure
June 29 2012 11:24 AM
Mississippi could soon be the only state in the nation without an abortion clinic.
- Dole Salad Recall: Are You Affected? Find Out Here
June 26 2012 11:12 AM
The Dole Food Company has issued a precautionary recall involving 1,077 packages of bagged salads that were sold in six states at Wal-Mart and Kroger under those supermarket brands over possible listeria contamination, the California-based company announced.
- Why Is Turkey In NATO?
June 26 2012 6:06 AM
NATO was first formed in April 1949 with twelve original members, two North American nations and twelve European states located either in Northern or Western Europe. Turkey entered with the first enlargement in 1952 - before even Germany.
- Man's Hiccups Last for 27 Years
June 25 2012 7:19 PM
Having the hiccups for even an hour is irritating, but can you imagine having them for twenty-seven years? Believe it or not, having the hiccups for more than a quarter century is not a world record and Bob Taylor doesn't plan on sacrificing his peace to break it.
- Tennessee Passes Law Against ?Gateway Sexual Activity?, Critics Suspect Holding Hands Qualifies As Sex
June 25 2012 12:17 PM
Critics are firing back at Tennessee's controversial no holding hands bill saying it could lead to students not getting the comprehensive education they need to learn how to avoid teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Wynonna Judd Marries Cactus Moser: Why Mom And Sister Ashley Were Not Invited To The Wedding
June 22 2012 3:03 PM
A wedding is usually a time for families to come together and celebrate the union of a loving couple; but for Wynonna Judd, her wedding was anything but a family affair. Wynonna Judd explains why she did not invite mother Naomi and sister Ashley to the nuptials of her and drummer Cactus Moser.
- Russia Irate Over Britain's Block Of Ship Carrying Arms To Syria
June 21 2012 4:40 PM
Russia also has a vested interest in maintaining its decades-old relationship with Syria, which is in large part built on weapons and defense contracts.
- Opryland Hotel Explosion From Gas Leak Results In 5000 People Evacuated In Nashville
June 20 2012 9:42 AM
Nashville, Tenn. officials said more than 5,000 people were evacuated from Opryland Hotel after a gas leak resulted in an explosion overnight. No one was injured.
- The Temper Trap: Their Bonnaroo Performance, New Album and Zombie Apocalypse
June 19 2012 12:33 PM
The Temper Trap put on one of the most heartfelt, body swaying and lyric shouting performances at Bonnaroo this year.
- Despite His Surliness, Brian Posehn Wants You to Know He's Not An *******
June 15 2012 11:38 AM
Brian Posehn might look surly, but he does his best to be nice to his legions of fans.