Top After-Market NYSE Movers (Vanceinfo Tech, Patriot Coal, First Tennessee, Mcmoran, Mcmoran, iSoftStone, Hexcel)The top after-market NYSE gainers Thursday were: Vanceinfo Technologies, Denbury Resources, Patriot Coal, McMoRan Exploration and First Tennessee National Corp. The top after-market NYSE losers were: iSoftStone Holdings, Teradata Corp, Leapfrog Enterprises, Hexcel Corp and Kronos Worldwide Inc.
- Katie Holmes, who filed for divorce from Tom Cruise last week, and their daughter Suri reportedly are being watched by a creepy crew from the Church of Scientology
- Thousands of miles away, a cadre of international Nobel laureates assembled to discuss global warming were having a, er, heated debate, arguing over data that the vast majority of scientists the world over say shows clear evidence of manmade climate change. But in the steaming streets of Brooklyn, the crowded public pools of Atlanta and the power outage-hit suburbs of Washington, D.C., the discussion was unanimous: It was hot.
- A large portion of the East Coast has been hit by a heat wave that will expand upward over the weekend and head north, potentially shattering records.
- Mississippi could soon be the only state in the nation without an abortion clinic.
- The Dole Food Company has issued a precautionary recall involving 1,077 packages of bagged salads that were sold in six states at Wal-Mart and Kroger under those supermarket brands over possible listeria contamination, the California-based company announced.
- Having the hiccups for even an hour is irritating, but can you imagine having them for twenty-seven years? Believe it or not, having the hiccups for more than a quarter century is not a world record and Bob Taylor doesn't plan on sacrificing his peace to break it.
Tennessee Passes Law Against ?Gateway Sexual Activity?, Critics Suspect Holding Hands Qualifies As SexCritics are firing back at Tennessee's controversial no holding hands bill saying it could lead to students not getting the comprehensive education they need to learn how to avoid teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases.
- A wedding is usually a time for families to come together and celebrate the union of a loving couple; but for Wynonna Judd, her wedding was anything but a family affair. Wynonna Judd explains why she did not invite mother Naomi and sister Ashley to the nuptials of her and drummer Cactus Moser.
- Russia also has a vested interest in maintaining its decades-old relationship with Syria, which is in large part built on weapons and defense contracts.
- Nashville, Tenn. officials said more than 5,000 people were evacuated from Opryland Hotel after a gas leak resulted in an explosion overnight. No one was injured.
- The Temper Trap put on one of the most heartfelt, body swaying and lyric shouting performances at Bonnaroo this year.
- Brian Posehn might look surly, but he does his best to be nice to his legions of fans.
Great Smokies Suspect Sketch Released After Rape On Gatlinburg Trail In Great Smoky National Park [PHOTO]The hunt for the so-called Great Smokies Suspect, a man suspected of raping and stabbing a 44-year-old woman on a trail in Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee, is intensifying with more than 50 leads in the case as park rangers combed the trail yesterday for clues.
- JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE:JPM) Chairman Jamie Dimon floated unscathed through a hearing of the Senate Banking Committee meant to examine what happened inside his banking behemoth earlier in the year, when a massive bet on the credit-default swaps derivatives market reportedly meant to 'hedge' other bank risks went sour, resulting in multibillionaire losses.
- You people and crazy...this is incredible, Grouploves keyboardist and vocalist Hannah Hooper told a wild crowd on Sunday afternoon. Taking the stage after the Animal Liberation Orchestra, the band, which only formed in 2010, played to an impressively large crowd. With the sun trying to break through the cloudy and rainy sky, Grouplove put on one of the most memorable performances at this years Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee.
- Green Acres presented an entirely new paradign for sitcoms ? it created a world (Hooterville) that seemed to exist outside of the laws of logic and reality.
- Friday morning came with excitement as the crowds from Thursday and Friday?s newcomers looked forward to Bonnaroo?s two main stages opening, Which and What stage.
- A hit-and-run took place at Bonnaroo on Friday. No, a golf cart didn't go rogue, knocking out a corn-dog vendor. Instead, Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell, stars of the coming comedy film Hit and Run, made an appearance at the Bonnaroo Cinema Tent.