Articles by Tennessee
- NFL Week 1 Point Spreads 2012: Betting Lines for the First Week of Games
May 09 2012 3:03 PM
Here are the complete betting odds for Week 1 of the 2012 NFL Season.
- Keith Judd: How An Inmate Challenged President Obama In West Virginia's Primary
May 09 2012 11:24 AM
Keith Judd, a.k.a. Inmate No. 11593-051, is currently serving a 17-year sentence at the Beaumont Federal Correctional Institution in Texas. He also won 41 percent of the votes in West Virginia's presidential primary on Tuesday, compared to 59 percent of the vote won by President Barack Obama.
- Bain Family Missing: Bodies Of Jo Ann And Andrienne Bain Found Dead As Teresa Mayes Mayes And Mary Mayes Charged
May 08 2012 4:23 PM
Police have arrested the wife and mother of Adam Mayes, who is the chief suspect in the killing of a Tennessee woman and her oldest daughter and kidnapping the woman's other daughters, said police officials on Tuesday.
- Pet Food Recall Expands: Find Out Here If Your Pet Is Affected [FULL LIST]
May 08 2012 1:46 PM
Diamond Pet Foods is expanding a voluntary recall of nine brands of dry pet food made between Dec. 9, 2001 and April 7 due to potential salmonella contamination, this Missouri-based company announced.
- 55-Year-Old Cheerleader Sharon Simmons: 5 Things to Know About Dallas Cowboys Hopeful
May 08 2012 10:00 AM
Some interesting things to know about the 55-year-old prospective cheerleader.
- Missing Bain Family Bodies Identified, Two Youngest Daughters Suspected To Be Disguised With Mayes
May 08 2012 7:47 AM
It's been officially confirmed that the two bodies found on Sunday belong to 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter Adrienne.
- Bain Family Missing: Police Discover Two Bodies In The Home Of Adam Mayes And Issue Arrest Warrants
May 07 2012 3:27 PM
Investigators, who are searching for the missing Bain family who disappeared 10 days ago after leaving their Tennessee home, said the four missing family members are in danger and issued warrants for a suspect in the kidnapping.
- Whitley County, Kentucky, Sheriff Brought Down By 2 Young Journalists Facing Death Threats
May 07 2012 11:11 AM
It sounds like something out of a novel, but Adam Suffridge and Samantha Swindler, two young journalists actually did it: take down the untouchable sheriff of Whitley County, Ky., using their pens that led to the sheriff's indictment on extortion, distributing drugs and money laundering and plenty along with death threats aimed their way.
- Junior Seau Dead: Seau Is the Fifth NFL Player to Be Shot and Killed since 2007
May 02 2012 2:46 PM
Junior Seau is dead at age 43.
- Vince Young Visits the Buffalo Bills: Why they are a Perfect Match
May 02 2012 1:10 PM
Free agent quarterback Vince Young is visiting the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday.
- Newt Gingrich To End Campaign Today, Back Romney
May 02 2012 10:27 AM
Nearly five months after his unexpected surge into contention for the Republican presidential nomination, Newt Gingrich is set to suspend his campaign and endorse Mitt Romney.
- Painkiller Addiction Increasingly Common In Newborns
May 01 2012 2:41 PM
More and more babies are born with signs of withdrawals from painkiller addiction, according to a new study.
- Chesapeake To Replace McClendon As Chairman
May 01 2012 12:12 PM
Chesapeake Energy Corp will find an independent, non-executive chairman to replace Aubrey McClendon, who will retain his position as chief executive officer, the natural gas producer said on Tuesday.
- Tennessee Passes Gateway Sexual Activity Bill May Criminalize Handholding In School
April 30 2012 3:46 PM
Tennessee's House of Representatives has passed a bill updating the state's abstinence-based sex education law to specifically aim at the prevention of gateway sexual activity. Senate Bill 3310 defines gateway sexual activity as sexual contact encouraging an individual to engage in a non-abstinent behavior, though the term sexual contact is not defined in the bill.
- 2012 NFL Draft Grades: Bengals, Colts, Rams Flourish
April 29 2012 6:39 PM
The 2012 NFL Draft is over, and it's now time to offer up some grades. What teams did well? What teams failed? Read all about it with our 2012 NFL Draft Grades.
- 5 Reasons Obama Could Lose The 2012 Election
April 29 2012 10:20 AM
If the U.S. presidential election was held today, President Barack Obama could easily lose. Fortunately for Obama -- and, by extension, for the Democratic Party -- the election is not today: it's 7 months from now.
- NFL Draft Grades 2012: First Round Grades for Each Pick
April 27 2012 12:01 PM
Here are our grades for every first round pick of this year's NFL Draft.
- Half Of Recent US College Graduates Unemployed Or Underemployed
April 23 2012 5:23 PM
In a stark reminder of how the recession has damaged the employment prospects of young Americans, an analysis found that more than half of recent college graduates are out of work or toiling in unskilled jobs.
- Pat Summitt To Receive Presidential Medal of Freedom
April 19 2012 2:48 PM
The White House announced Thursday that President Barack Obama will award Patricia Pat Summitt the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.
- Holly Warlick: 10 Things To Know About Pat Summitt's Successor
April 19 2012 2:11 PM
The Pat Summitt era has come to an end at the University of Tennessee after the legendary women's basketball coach stepped down after 38 seasons. Summitt passes the torch to new head coach Holly Warlick, a longtime Lady Vols assistant who handled the main coaching duties last season after Summitt was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.