Articles by Tennessee
- ‘The Bachelor’ Lawsuit: Is The Reality Show Racist?
April 19 2012 11:19 AM
“The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” creators are being sued.
- Colts Will Select Andrew Luck First Overall At The 2012 NFL Draft: Report
April 19 2012 10:40 AM
It's probably not surprising, but the Indianapolis Colts informed Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck that they will select him as the number one overall pick at the 2012 NFL Draft on Apr. 26.
- Pat Summitt: Greatest College Basketball Coach Ever Steps Down
April 18 2012 4:32 PM
Pat Summitt was the greatest college basketball coach ever.
- IPhone 5 Release Date: Sprint Rolls Out 4G LTE, Indicates June Launch For Apple's Next Smartphone
April 18 2012 3:34 PM
Sprint, America’s third-largest mobile carrier, just revealed some of its first 4G LTE networks, which extend to areas such as Tennessee, Illinois and New York. The mobile service carrier’s efforts to build a robust 4G network could be in anticipation of Apple’s next-generation smartphone, the iPhone 5.
- Pat Summitt Steps Down as Tennessee Basketball Coach
April 18 2012 1:58 PM
Pat Summitt will step down as head coach at Tennessee.
- 2012 NFL Schedule Released: Week By Week Schedule of Regular Season Games
April 18 2012 10:27 AM
The National Football League (NFL) release its 2012 schedule on Tuesday with details about the 17-week, 256-game regular-season schedule and the Super Bowl XLVII.
- Synthetic Marijuana: What To Know About The Dangerous Chemical Concoctions K2 And Spice
April 18 2012 10:22 AM
You may not have realized it, but synthetic marijuana is being sold in gas stations and convenience stores. Under the names K-2 and Spice, this synthetic drug aims at being a legal way to get a herbal high. Many states have banned the drugs though because they are made from dangerous chemical concoctions, reports the Christian Science Monitor.
- Levon Helm In 'Final Stages' Of Cancer: Best Video Clips, Twitter Reactions
April 17 2012 5:47 PM
Levon Helm, the legendary drummer and singer for The Band and celebrated solo-artist is in the final stages of losing his decades long battle with throat cancer, according to a very sad message posted on Helm's website http://www.levonhelm.com/ by his daughter and wife on Tuesday afternoon. Here are five great YouTube videos of Levon Helm doing what he did best, along with just a few from the outpouring of messages posted on Twitter in support of Levon Helm and his family.
- WNBA Draft 2012: Who's Going Where? Full List Of Results, Picks And Prospects
April 17 2012 5:09 PM
The 2012 WNBA Draft, which saw 36 of the best female NCAA basketball players selected to join the 12 talented teams in the WNBA, had only a few surprises. With Baylor's Brittney Griner out of the picture, Stanford's 6'2 forward Nnemkadi Ogwumike was selected with the No. 1 overall pick -- the first Cardinal player to do so in school history.
- Half Of U.S. Legislatures Contemplating Hydraulic Fracturing Bills
April 17 2012 3:43 PM
As natural gas and oil extraction expands across the United States thanks to hydraulic fracturing and advances in horizontal drilling, almost half of the country's legislatures either have enacted or have pending legislation that regulates the controversial practice of hydraulic fracturing.
- Dole Salad Recall 2012: Bagged Seven Lettuces Salads Recalled for Salmonella in 15 States [PHOTOS]
April 16 2012 9:17 AM
Dole Food Co. issued a recall on 756 cases of bagged salad, which could possibly be contaminated with salmonella, the company said on Saturday. The recall includes bagged Seven Lettuces salads distributed in 15 states.
- The Grain Report
April 13 2012 12:39 PM
Well, with three government reports in the last 30 days, we now won't have the influence of any pending USDA report until May 10 or a month away. That means that other than weather's impact on planting progress were in a gray area where grains chew on the old news for support while planting progress weighs on strength. Once were 35 to 40% planted the crop condition report for corn and beans will come out and weather's impact on emergence becomes 90% of our pricing influence. So how'...
- Tennessee ‘Monkey Bill’ Becomes Law, Allows 'Alternatives' To Evolution
April 12 2012 8:11 PM
A controversial bill that permits the teaching of creationism alongside evolution was allowed to pass on Wednesday in Tennessee.
- Tennessee Law Opens Door to Creationism In Science Classes
April 11 2012 2:45 PM
Soon Tennessee classrooms will be able to debate the merits of creationism and evolution side-by-side, after Gov. Bill Haslam on Tuesday refused to sign a controversial proposal dubbed the Monkey Bill, but allowed it to become law anyway.
- Kentucky Recruits: Calipari's Pursuit of Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad, and Others
April 11 2012 2:38 PM
John Calipari and the Kentucky Wildcats proved you can win with a group of top freshmen, now the question is can they repeat the feat?
- Lollapalooza 2012 Lineup: Full List of Bands, Headliners Announced for Three-Day Chicago Music Festival
April 11 2012 9:18 AM
The full list of bands, including headliners The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Black Keys and Florence and the Machine on the lineup, were announced on Wednesday for Lollapalooza 2012, a three-day music festival held in Chicago, Illinois.
- Iran Says It Busts 'Israeli Terrorist Network' In Counter-Spy Sting
April 10 2012 4:11 PM
Iran's Intelligence Ministry said on Thursday that it has uncovered a large and sophisticated Israeli-backed terrorists network that was planning attacks inside Iran.
- Africanized Bees: Aggressive Insects Attack Beekeeper In Tennessee
April 09 2012 9:47 PM
Partially Africanized bees have been found in Tennessee, according to genetic test results released there last week.
- Obama Looks Set To Abandon Order Mandating Federal Contractors To Disclose Political Donations
April 09 2012 1:16 PM
The White House has been silent ahead of the 2012 election on an executive order proposed last year that would require federal contractors to publicly disclose their political contributions.
- GOP Superdelegates: RNC Members Say Romney Is Presidential Nominee, No Contest
April 07 2012 2:09 PM
The growing consensus among Republican National Committee superdelegates is that Romney will be the party's presidential nominee.