A 15-year-old teen was taken into custody Sunday after he allegedly stabbed two girls while they were on their way to their schools in Croydon, south London.

On Wednesday, the suspect allegedly approached a 15-year-old girl and stabbed her in the leg before fleeing the scene. Two days later, he allegedly attacked and stabbed another teen in the arm.

Both the girls were rushed to hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, BBC reported.

Investigators told local media they believe the attacks were linked. They confirmed the girls didn’t know each other and attended different schools. The identities of the victims were not revealed.

"These attacks are almost identical in nature and I am confident that they are linked. Enhanced patrols are being conducted in the area at the start and end of the school day," detective inspector David Adams of South Area Command had told the local media before the suspect’s arrest.

The authorities also released the CCTV footage of the second attack and sought public help in identifying the teen.

"I have taken the decision to release a clip that was captured by a witness to the second incident and appeal for the community to tell us who this individual is. Please do contact police or speak with officers on patrol if you have concerns or information," Adams had said, My London reported.

The suspect was traced and taken into custody Sunday morning. The identity of the suspect was not revealed and he remained in jail as of Monday morning.

Investigation into the incident was ongoing and the motive behind the crime was not known.

The incident comes weeks after a man was found dead with stab wounds at a home in Croydon. Police and paramedics arrived at the property and found the unidentified 29-year-old man with stab wounds, Your Local Guardian reported.

Despite best efforts, the man was pronounced dead at the scene and his body sent for autopsy. A 35-year-old woman was taken into custody in connection with the incident; however, the relationship between the suspect and the victim was not known.

UK Police Tape
In this image, a police tape is photographed in Chester, United Kingdom, July 4, 2018. Christopher Furlong/Getty Images