Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is being held at Federal Medical Center, Devens, behind a steel door and tight security, where he faces the death penalty for allegedly detonating two deadly bombs at the Boston Marathon on April 15. FBI

On Friday, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left his hospital room and was moved to a 10-by-10-foot cell with a steel door at a federal medical detention center.

The 19-year-old suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is being held at Federal Medical Center, Devens, located 40 miles west of the city, where he is being monitored by guards and medical workers, AP reports.

His cell has an observation window and a slot for passing food and medication.

"Really, this type of facility is fully capable of handling him, and it's not that much of an inconvenience, because it's more or less business as usual," prison spokesman John Collauti said.

On April 19, Tsarnaev was captured by police after nearly a 24-hour manhunt. He was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, where he appeared to have gunshot wounds to his head, neck, legs and hand, CNN reports.

Tsarnaev’s brother, Tamerlan, was killed in a police shootout earlier that day.

In a hearing from his hospital room on April 22, Tsarnaev was unable to speak but was fully aware of the two charges against him: one count of using and conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction in the U.S. and one count of malicious destruction of property with an explosive device, NBC reports.

A source at the hearing said that Tsarnaev showed no reaction when told he faces the death penalty.

“There was no blip at all,” the source told NBC, pointing to Tsarnaev’s heart monitor.

The two deadly bombings killed three people and injured more than 260 on April 15.

The weekend also marked what would have been victim Martin Richard’s first Little League of the season, the Boston Globe reports. His team, the Savin Hill Rangers, wore shirts that read “We are Martin’s Firefighters,” commemorating the youngest life lost near the marathon’s finish line.

“It’s just not right -- just not fair,” Shawn McDonough, the team’s coach, said. “It’s really tough now, but we’re never going to forget him.”