KEY POINTS

  • Naomie Olindo left "Southern Charm" in 2020 to move to New York with her now-ex-boyfriend Metul Shah
  • She begged Bravo to let her come back to the show after she broke up with Shah
  • The reality star said the series "opens doors for so many opportunities business-wise"

Naomie Olindo is getting candid about her not-so-easy return to "Southern Charm."

The 29-year-old previously left the Bravo reality show after Season 6 in 2020 following her decision to move to New York with her now-ex-boyfriend Metul Shah, but the two split just weeks after the move. Following the breakup, she will appear on Season 8 of "Southern Charm" after having to "beg" the network to let her come back.

"I had to, like, beg my way back," Olindo said on the "Skinny Confidential Him & Her" podcast. "I was like, 'Guys, please. I know I quit and I know I told everybody to f--- off, but please I'm very depressed and I really want to come back. I don't know what I'm going to do if I'm back in Charleston.' They were like, 'All right.'"

When asked if Shah was the only reason she left the series, the reality star said that "it was a half and half."

The L’Abeye founder explained that she left the show partly because she was trying to have a "healthy relationship" with Shah while filming "Southern Charm," but the doctor refused to film himself.

"He was a resident and he needed to apply for fellowships," she shared. "So a lot of things played into that, but I was totally willing to give up the show for what I thought to be a healthy and loving relationship because that's what I would prioritize over a reality show, obviously. So I had no problem doing that."

Olindo made headlines in July 2021 when news broke that she and Shah, 30, called it quits after three years together and shortly after they moved together from South Carolina to New York City. At the time, she appeared to confirm speculation that their breakup was caused by his infidelity.

"Nothing will be worse than losing my dad, but this is a close second," she wrote on her Instagram Story. "Betrayal is never easy for anyone, and I'm just so sorry to anyone else that has stumbled across those terrible messages."

Olindo returned to Charleston after their split. When she became single again, she decided to try to get back on "Southern Charm" because she said the "show opens doors for so many opportunities business-wise and stuff."

She added during Monday's podcast episode that she didn't have any problem sharing details about their split because "everybody already knows what happened."

"I had no idea. I was still trying to process what had just happened that, you know, infidelity is the thief of reality," she said. "So I was like, what is my life? What am I doing? What have I been doing? Who is this questioning my judgment? You know, how did I not see all this? And yeah, everybody knew. And then people are commenting on the situation and people were ... cruel to him."

Olindo admitted she later felt bad for Shah after he faced intense backlash online and defended her ex despite him doing "the worst thing you can do to somebody that trusts you."

She alleged that Shah "would just take and take and take" and never once cooked her a meal in the three years they were together, but she said she was grateful that he was there for her when her father was ill, which was "really important" to her.

Going forward, Olindo said she "would never give so much to somebody that reciprocated nothing in return."

Olindo previously dated her co-star Craig Conover. The cast members are currently filming "Southern Charm" Season 8.

Naomie Olindo
HOLLYWOOD, CA - AUGUST 12: Naomie Olindo attends SU Magazine's 17th Anniversary Celebration at Avalon on August 12, 2017 in Hollywood, California. Rodin Eckenroth/Getty Images
MEET IBT NEWS FROM BELOW CHANNELS

© Copyright IBTimes 2022. All rights reserved.