KEY POINTS

  • Travis Scott reportedly went straight to a Houston-area bar and partied with Drake after they performed
  • The two were allegedly unaware of any fatalities during Scott's performance at the Astroworld Festival
  • Both Scott and Drake are facing multiple lawsuits over the incident

Travis Scott allegedly partied with fellow rapper Drake at a bar right after performing at the Astroworld Festival in Texas, where a crowd surge left eight people dead and hundreds injured last week.

Scott went straight to a Dave & Buster's in the Houston area after he finished performing with his surprise guest Drake in front of the 50,000 audience members at NRG Park Friday, TMZ reported.

Both Scott and Drake, whose real names are Jacques Bermon Webster II and Aubrey Drake Graham, respectively, were unaware that eight concertgoers lost their lives and around 300 were injured after the festival's audience surged toward the venue's stage during the former's set, unnamed sources connected to Scott told the outlet.

"Travis didn't know the severity of the situation when he arrived at the party, as far as timing, this remains consistent with the fact that no one including the police had publicly confirmed the gravity of the events that had taken place," a source was quoted as saying.

Scott immediately left the after-party, which Drake had organized, upon being informed of the situation, sources told TMZ.

The 30-year-old rapper has since released a statement in response to the incident and vowed to cover the funeral expenses of the eight victims.

Additionally, Scott pledged to give full refunds to all Astroworld Festival attendees and chose not to perform at the Day N Vegas Festival in Las Vegas this Saturday.

Drake, for his part, has also issued a statement in response to the music festival's fatalities. "My heart is broken for the families and friends of those who lost their lives and for anyone who is suffering. I will continue to pray for all of them and will be of service in any way I can. May God be with you all," he wrote on Instagram.

The deceased attendees were identified as high schoolers John Hilgert and Brianna Rodriguez, university students Jacob E. Jurinek, Franco Patino and Alex Acosta, as well as Madison Dubiski, Rudy Peña and Danish Baig. They ranged in age from 14 to 27 years old.

The two musicians have been slapped with multiple lawsuits over the incident. Concert producer Live Nation has also been sued over alleged inadequate safety measures.

A criminal investigation into the fatal surge is being led by the Houston Police Department with the assistance of the FBI. Another "independent and objective" investigation may be launched, according to Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo.

Authorities are also investigating claims that people — including a security officer — were involuntarily injected with drugs during the surge at Astroworld Festival.

Houston Authorities Continue Investigation Into Trampling Deaths At Astroworld Concert A memorial to those who died at the Astroworld festival is displayed outside of NRG Park on November 09, 2021 in Houston, Texas. Eight people were killed and dozens injured last Friday in a crowd surge during a Travis Scott concert at the Astroworld music festival. Photo: Brandon Bell/Getty Images