- Bats, Business And Ebola
July 21 2014 4:07 PM
Hunting fruit bats and other animals serves as a livelihood for many, but the practice could also be deadly.
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- MH17 Crash Brings Down Asian Stocks
July 18 2014 2:18 AM
The crash affected shares of Malaysia Airlines as well as those of Cathay Pacific Airways and Air China.
- Cold Coffee Isn't Cheap
July 17 2014 1:04 PM
Cold-brews, ice cubes and plastic cups are all making your favorite summer drink more pricey.
- Starbucks vs. Juan Valdez
July 16 2014 1:26 PM
The global coffee giant's first Colombia location will have all locally sourced beans.
- California Expected To Restrict Water Use Statewide For First Time
July 15 2014 9:09 AM
A three-year drought is drying up the West's reservoirs.
- Reynolds American To Buy Lorillard In $27.4B Deal
July 15 2014 7:40 AM
Reynolds is paying a small 2.5% premium for Lorillard.
- Whiting To Buy Kodiak For $3.8 Billion, Create No. 1 Bakken Producer
July 13 2014 9:17 PM
- Global Oil Demand And Supplies Rising, But Risks Are High
July 11 2014 10:07 AM
The Paris-based energy watchdog forecast growth in global oil demand and rising supplies from non-OPEC nations in its monthly oil market report.
- São Paulo's Reservoirs Are Running Out Of Water
July 10 2014 4:11 PM
"The tourists are not being advised to save water," says a resident, as the drought threatens power supplies too.
- Salvadoran Farmers Want To Just Say No To Monsanto's GMO Seeds: Report
July 09 2014 10:54 AM
Nearly 6,000 farmers united to block a U.S. effort to sell them genetically modified seeds through a foreign aid package, according to Truthout.org.
- How Rising Carbon Dioxide Levels Are Affecting Plants
July 07 2014 7:57 AM
A new discovery might provide scientists with tools to engineer crops that can deal more effectively with climate change.
- El Niño Could Stir Up Australia Heat Wave, India Monsoon
July 03 2014 2:23 PM
“The rainfall pattern has gotten distorted this year, and it will have some impact on agricultural productivity.”
- US Fishing Group Say World's Largest Marine Sanctuary Won't Help Conservation
July 03 2014 7:25 AM
“They can’t even take care of the monuments they’ve already developed."
- Lumber Prices Expected To Rise -- Report
June 20 2014 1:29 PM
Still rebounding from a cold winter, lumber prices are expected to turn around by the end of the year.
- Thailand's Rice Is Stuck In The Country, Driving Up Prices
June 19 2014 2:59 PM
Thailand's coup has put the country's rice-export industry in jeopardy.
- China, BP to Ink $20B Gas Deal
June 17 2014 9:18 AM
Oil giant BP announced Tuesday that it would sign a $20 billion liquefied natural gas with China this week in London.
- 6 Dead, 34 Injured After Gas Leak At India Steel Plant
June 13 2014 2:43 AM
Similar accidents at the plant in 2011 and 2012 claimed one life each while another lethal disaster killed five people at the plant in 2013.
- Iraq Insurgency Could Drive Oil Price Spike
June 12 2014 6:01 PM
Global oil prices are rising and could soar further as insurgents in Iraq threaten southern oil fields and export facilities, analysts say.
- When Eating Shrimp, There’s No Free Lunch
June 10 2014 5:05 PM
Alleged slavery in the supply chain of the world's largest shrimp farmer sheds new light on America's most popular seafood.