- Iran Expects Next Payment Under Nuclear Deal, Confirming Compliance
April 16 2014 8:18 AM
Payment will be the fifth of six installments that together will total $4.2 billion.
- In China's Raw Material Push, Supply, Not Price, Is The Key
April 15 2014 7:08 AM
China paid full price for Peru's Las Bambas mine, but the long-term strategy is a solid one.
- Antitrust Regulators And Scores Of Companies Are Concerned About This Deal
April 10 2014 5:36 PM
The largest cement companies in the world announced a deal to merge, leading to antitrust speculation and cement price increases.
- How Ukraine's And Russia's Grain Markets Are Weathering The Crisis
April 09 2014 6:11 AM
In 2013, Ukraine was the world’s fourth-largest corn exporter and sixth-largest wheat exporter.
- Australia Gradually Shakes Off China Link
April 04 2014 7:14 AM
Economists say Australia will not experience a hard landing from the fading of a mining boom.
- Busted For Speeding ... On Wall Street
April 01 2014 6:53 AM
Since October 2009, 90 people have been charged for insider trading, of whom 79 have pleaded guilty or have been convicted at trial.
- Chinese Gold Demand Could Rise Still Further In 2014
March 28 2014 11:38 AM
Increasing demand for gold in China comes as demand from India, the world’s second-largest consumer, has declined in recent years.
- Robot Trading Blamed For 'Flash Crash' In Gold
March 28 2014 11:02 AM
One prominent analyst cites the effects of high-volume computerized trading.
- Vietnamese Farmers Hoard Coffee As Robusta Beans Grow In Popularity
March 27 2014 11:33 PM
Some farmers in Vietnam may hold their coffee beans as a hedge against inflation in local currency.
- Gold’s Safe Haven Allure Returns, For Now
March 27 2014 1:12 PM
Gold prices have risen over tensions in Ukraine. Are the recent gains sustainable? Or Pyrrhic?
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Here's How The Coffee Market Can Determine What Kind You Drink
March 25 2014 11:53 AM
Robusta coffee has won over consumers more quickly than its established rival Arabica coffee.
- Coffee Drinking Survey Shows Young People Enjoy Gourmet Coffee
March 22 2014 7:31 PM
One executive said the coffee industry will have to compete more fiercely against energy drinks to keep young consumers drinking coffee.
- Here's A Study That Coffee Addicts Will Love
March 21 2014 1:39 PM
A 2013 study found that data collected on about 500,000 subjects point toward coffee’s positive impact on at least one vital organ.
- Will The Coffee, Cocoa, Wheat Price Rally Endure?
March 21 2014 11:40 AM
Bad weather and disease have sent wheat, cocoa and coffee prices surging this year.
- Sustainable Coffee – Trendy Catchphrase Only Captures Small Slice
March 20 2014 8:37 PM
One controversial October 2013 report from KPMG even concluded that sustainable coffee farming can marginalize poorer farmers who can’t afford demanded upgrades.
- Why JPMorgan Is Selling Its Commodities Business
March 19 2014 11:00 AM
The business could be valued at $3.3 billion, though other sources said it was worth $2.5 billion.
- Here's How US Silver Jewelry Performed In 2013
March 19 2014 6:56 AM
Half of silver jewelry purchases involve women buying jewelry for themselves, according to the survey.
- Here's Why UBS Is Reviewing Its Precious Metals Business
March 17 2014 10:14 AM
The Swiss bank held trading portfolio assets of $9.7 billion in precious metals and other physical commodities.
- Darn This (Railroad) Traffic Jam - How Bottlenecks Delay Natural Resource Shipments
March 14 2014 10:19 AM
What's more, the infrastructure problem could persist throughout 2014, as railroads turn to shipping more-profitable crude oil.