- Fear Not, Emerging Markets: China Demands Goods
February 04 2014 1:30 PM
China's economy may not be growing as fast as before, but its demand for goods and commodities is as high as ever.
- China Wheat Intake Up 5,000%
February 04 2014 12:16 PM
The eye-catching statistic reflects China’s growing reliance on wheat imports to feed a nation of 1.35 billion people.
- Brazil’s Drought Sends Coffee Prices Skyward
February 04 2014 9:11 AM
Analysts had expected a bumper harvest this year for the world’s largest producer of Arabica coffee beans, but the weather isn't cooperating.
- Why Did Drilling Decline In The North Sea In 2013?
January 30 2014 9:23 AM
Read the highlights of an annual oil and gas review from Petroleum Services Group at Deloitte.
- Yes To Trans Fat Ban, No To Soda Ban: Professor
January 29 2014 2:50 PM
New York City is fighting in court to defend its ban on large sodas in restaurants.
- Commodity Sector Outlook Got You Down? Consider This Metal
January 29 2014 12:31 PM
Quick: Name one commodity enjoying rising demand, flattening production and tightening inventories?
- Why Natural Gas Prices Are Above Analysts' Estimates
January 29 2014 10:23 AM
Natural gas in recent trading has reached beyond $5/btu, a threshold Citi analysts dubbed “unthinkable."
- Which Company Dominates Online Groceries, Despite Startups?
January 29 2014 7:00 AM
About 40% of online grocery shoppers prefer one high-profile company over the others, according to a poll.
- Here's Why Abundant Platinum Stockpiles Are Bad News For Strikers, Prices
January 28 2014 10:55 AM
Telling stat: Citigroup analysts estimated that existing platinum supply rose 95 percent over the past six years.
- US Steel Imports Surge, Driven By Price Differentials
January 27 2014 9:09 AM
Cheap Chinese steel has led many U.S. traders to buy Chinese steel instead of U.S.-produced steel.
- Precious Metals Q&A: Central Banks, Interest Rates And The US Economy
January 23 2014 7:34 PM
Gold prices will struggle to climb higher in 2014, according to EverBank strategist Chris Gaffney.
- Platinum Strikes: Price And Production Impacts Worsened By Uncertainty
January 23 2014 9:18 AM
South African miners began indefinite strikes against the world’s top three platinum producers on Thursday, threatening global supplies.
- The Latest In US Grocery PC: Humanely Raised Hogs
January 22 2014 11:42 AM
There are no official stats on humanely raised hogs, though as a slice of the world’s pork market, they likely aren’t overwhelming.
- In Africa, Battle Continues Against Wheat Rust
January 21 2014 12:54 PM
The rust, which can cause complete crop failure, threatens up to 80 percent of the world’s wheat supply.
- Gold Sentiment Sees Modest Positive Signals
January 20 2014 8:21 AM
Flows into specialist exchange-traded products (ETPs) saw their largest daily inflows since January 2013.
- Australia's Heat Wave Taking A Toll
January 17 2014 3:31 PM
The world's hottest temperatures are being recorded in Australia's south and southeast this week
- EPA Buries Hints On Pebble Mine Stance In Report: Lawyer
January 17 2014 2:58 PM
Secrets lie in the technical and tedious appendix J, according to a lawyer for Alaskan native tribes.
- Platinum - Hardly An Example Of Sector Harmony
January 16 2014 12:13 PM
South African workers’ union strikes at platinum mines will continue to pressure an industry already struggling with lower prices and high costs.
- What The EPA Doesn't Like About A Planned Copper-Gold Mine
January 16 2014 11:09 AM
The EPA took three years to wade through 1.1 million comments and emphasized likely environmental damage coming from any large-scale mine.
- Here's Why Nobody Is Sweet On Sugar In 2014
January 16 2014 10:08 AM
One of the largest sugar retailers in the U.K. is expecting a grim 2014, and a recent announcement from India only adds to fears.