- US Steel Imports Surge, Driven By Price Differentials
January 27 2014 9:09 AM
Cheap Chinese steel has led many U.S. traders to buy Chinese steel instead of U.S.-produced steel.
- Precious Metals Q&A: Central Banks, Interest Rates And The US Economy
January 23 2014 7:34 PM
Gold prices will struggle to climb higher in 2014, according to EverBank strategist Chris Gaffney.
- Platinum Strikes: Price And Production Impacts Worsened By Uncertainty
January 23 2014 9:18 AM
South African miners began indefinite strikes against the world’s top three platinum producers on Thursday, threatening global supplies.
- The Latest In US Grocery PC: Humanely Raised Hogs
January 22 2014 11:42 AM
There are no official stats on humanely raised hogs, though as a slice of the world’s pork market, they likely aren’t overwhelming.
- In Africa, Battle Continues Against Wheat Rust
January 21 2014 12:54 PM
The rust, which can cause complete crop failure, threatens up to 80 percent of the world’s wheat supply.
- Gold Sentiment Sees Modest Positive Signals
January 20 2014 8:21 AM
Flows into specialist exchange-traded products (ETPs) saw their largest daily inflows since January 2013.
- Australia's Heat Wave Taking A Toll
January 17 2014 3:31 PM
The world's hottest temperatures are being recorded in Australia's south and southeast this week
- EPA Buries Hints On Pebble Mine Stance In Report: Lawyer
January 17 2014 2:58 PM
Secrets lie in the technical and tedious appendix J, according to a lawyer for Alaskan native tribes.
- Platinum - Hardly An Example Of Sector Harmony
January 16 2014 12:13 PM
South African workers’ union strikes at platinum mines will continue to pressure an industry already struggling with lower prices and high costs.
- What The EPA Doesn't Like About A Planned Copper-Gold Mine
January 16 2014 11:09 AM
The EPA took three years to wade through 1.1 million comments and emphasized likely environmental damage coming from any large-scale mine.
- Here's Why Nobody Is Sweet On Sugar In 2014
January 16 2014 10:08 AM
One of the largest sugar retailers in the U.K. is expecting a grim 2014, and a recent announcement from India only adds to fears.
- Here's How To Mine Bitcoins
January 15 2014 1:31 PM
If you want to know how to mine bitcoins and join the virtual currency world, here's all you need to know.
- US Energy Sector - On The Verge Of Another Miracle?
January 15 2014 11:03 AM
The projected growth of the U.S. energy sector has to be seen to be believed, so see it here.
- Here's How Money Gets Printed
January 15 2014 8:30 AM
The currency printing process from A to Z is explained in this infographic.
- Fukushima Nuclear Plant Operator Gets Japan Gov't OK For Corporate Overhaul
January 15 2014 7:37 AM
The Japanese government approved a plan that Fukushima plant operator hopes will revive company finances.
- Here’s Why Zambia Wants Africa-Wide Mining Standards
January 14 2014 11:33 AM
Zambia has announced a plan to standardize mining practices between African countries to keep foreign companies from overstepping labor standards.
- Silver Mining CEO Talks Markets And Outlook
January 10 2014 6:04 AM
The CEO of Coeur Mining spoke with IBTimes about the silver industry, and his remarks were candid and wide-ranging.
- Here's The Impact Cheaper Food Will Have On US Fast Food Sector
January 08 2014 1:24 PM
What's more, the argument runs counter to common Wall Street wisdom on commodities and fast food profit margins.
- How Poorly Did Commodities Fare In 2013?
January 08 2014 10:11 AM
Three of four major types of commodities fared poorly, on boosted global supply and fears over U.S. monetary policy.
- Cold Snap In US Weather Heats Up Commodity Prices
January 07 2014 12:19 PM
The coldest temperatures in 20 years may boost agricultural commodity prices in coming weeks.