- Peruvian Mining Sector Presents Opportunities Despite Obstacles
March 07 2014 12:54 PM
Investments in Peru’s mining sector could reach a record $14 billion in 2014.
- Should The US Export Natural Gas To Ukraine, Europe?
March 06 2014 9:03 AM
Six applications have been approved to date. Here's a look at the process and the key decisionmakers.
- This Is How Much Food The World Wastes
March 04 2014 10:45 AM
What's more, the number of daily calories lost per person varies from 400 calories a day to 1500 calories a day in the developed world.
- EPA Leans Against Alaska Pebble Project
March 02 2014 10:53 AM
A 404(c) review of the project could signal the end of what might have been North America’s largest open pit mine.
- Is China Trying To Control The World's Grain Supply?
February 28 2014 5:53 PM
China's largest state-owned grain trader is buying a 51-percent stake in Nidera NV.
- Google Sows Seeds For Google Glass Applications In Agriculture
February 27 2014 2:51 PM
Google’s much-hyped electronic frames could be of use to farmers.
- Big Data On The Farm: FarmLogs CEO Q&A
February 26 2014 3:06 PM
FarmLogs helps farmers optimize harvests with modern mobile technology.
- Tomorrow’s Wheat Today: What Bayer Is Up To
February 25 2014 11:43 AM
Bayer CropScience Ltd. is working on a stronger, better type of wheat, while others are focusing on soybean and corn.
- Arctic Gold Mining: Risks And Rewards
February 24 2014 11:27 AM
Agnico-Eagle Mines’ Meadowbank gold mine saw record production in 2013.
- Fuelcaster.com: A New Website To Predict Gas Prices
February 24 2014 12:20 AM
The website claims it can tell users -- with 90 percent accuracy -- whether to buy gas in that area now or wait until the next day.
- What's Behind China's Factory Weakness?
February 20 2014 10:02 AM
The monthly stat has become increasingly important to investors and economists around the world.
- Thailand's Rice-Fueled Banking Scare Woes Continue
February 18 2014 2:12 PM
A number of state banks have experienced a bank run; one bank saw close to $1 billion in withdrawals in a single day.
- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- Chinese Poultry Producers Cry ‘Fowl’ Over Bird-Flu Coverage
February 15 2014 5:53 PM
What is causing the sudden losses in the poultry industry there?
- Commodities Make Modest Comeback In Early 2014
February 14 2014 3:59 PM
Global natural resources performed better than sluggish stocks and bonds for the year to date.
- Q&A: Professor Talks About Forecasting Shale Reserves
February 14 2014 2:33 PM
Dr. John Lee heads research about forecasting reserves of oil and gas in unconventional formations at the University of Houston.
- Is This Kenyan Flower Company Worth A $5M Bet?
February 14 2014 12:38 PM
A South African private equity firm recently bought a $5 million stake in a Kenyan flower company. Here’s why.
- For Animal Rights Activists, A Win In Nestlé Case
February 14 2014 9:19 AM
Four dairy farmers charged with animal abuse could end up in prison.
- Commodities Could See Fall-Out From Emerging Markets Unrest
February 13 2014 3:23 PM
Gold, platinum and soybeans are among those markets most at risk, Goldman Sachs said.