- Arctic Gold Mining: Risks And Rewards
February 24 2014 11:27 AM
Agnico-Eagle Mines’ Meadowbank gold mine saw record production in 2013.
- Fuelcaster.com: A New Website To Predict Gas Prices
February 24 2014 12:20 AM
The website claims it can tell users -- with 90 percent accuracy -- whether to buy gas in that area now or wait until the next day.
- What's Behind China's Factory Weakness?
February 20 2014 10:02 AM
The monthly stat has become increasingly important to investors and economists around the world.
- Thailand's Rice-Fueled Banking Scare Woes Continue
February 18 2014 2:12 PM
A number of state banks have experienced a bank run; one bank saw close to $1 billion in withdrawals in a single day.
- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- Chinese Poultry Producers Cry ‘Fowl’ Over Bird-Flu Coverage
February 15 2014 5:53 PM
What is causing the sudden losses in the poultry industry there?
- Commodities Make Modest Comeback In Early 2014
February 14 2014 3:59 PM
Global natural resources performed better than sluggish stocks and bonds for the year to date.
- Q&A: Professor Talks About Forecasting Shale Reserves
February 14 2014 2:33 PM
Dr. John Lee heads research about forecasting reserves of oil and gas in unconventional formations at the University of Houston.
- Is This Kenyan Flower Company Worth A $5M Bet?
February 14 2014 12:38 PM
A South African private equity firm recently bought a $5 million stake in a Kenyan flower company. Here’s why.
- For Animal Rights Activists, A Win In Nestlé Case
February 14 2014 9:19 AM
Four dairy farmers charged with animal abuse could end up in prison.
- Commodities Could See Fall-Out From Emerging Markets Unrest
February 13 2014 3:23 PM
Gold, platinum and soybeans are among those markets most at risk, Goldman Sachs said.
- Is China's Grain Independence Over?
February 13 2014 2:51 PM
China may soon depend on imports to feed its demand for corn, just like soybeans.
- A Commodity Price Fall That's Hit US Corn Farmers
February 13 2014 11:00 AM
As corn prices hit a near five-year low, farmers are struggling as their land becomes less valuable.
- Gold Dealers May Avoid Bitcoin On Regulatory Fears
February 12 2014 4:58 PM
Confusion over money laundering rules seems prevalent at a few gold dealers.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?
- Brazil Agriculture Booms, Even As Grain Prices Wobble
February 11 2014 7:24 PM
Brazilian farm exports could surpass $100 billion in 2014, says the Agriculture Ministry.
- How Much Gold Did Chinese Grannies Buy In 2013?
February 10 2014 9:29 AM
Chinese gold consumption recorded a 41 percent leap in 2013.
- Indian Blue Chip Companies Lost $6.7B In Market Cap Last Week
February 10 2014 5:53 AM
Disappointing economic data from the U.S. last week led to bulk sell-offs in Asian markets, including those in India.