- A Tale Of Two Gold Markets
February 18 2014 11:24 AM
Consumer-based gold demand hit new records in 2013, even as investors fled the precious metal.
- Chinese Gold In 2013: An Extraordinary Year For Imports, Consumption, & Production
February 18 2014 3:51 AM
China produced, consumed and imported record amounts of gold in 2013.
- Chinese Poultry Producers Cry ‘Fowl’ Over Bird-Flu Coverage
February 15 2014 5:53 PM
What is causing the sudden losses in the poultry industry there?
- Commodities Make Modest Comeback In Early 2014
February 14 2014 3:59 PM
Global natural resources performed better than sluggish stocks and bonds for the year to date.
- Q&A: Professor Talks About Forecasting Shale Reserves
February 14 2014 2:33 PM
Dr. John Lee heads research about forecasting reserves of oil and gas in unconventional formations at the University of Houston.
- Is This Kenyan Flower Company Worth A $5M Bet?
February 14 2014 12:38 PM
A South African private equity firm recently bought a $5 million stake in a Kenyan flower company. Here’s why.
- For Animal Rights Activists, A Win In Nestlé Case
February 14 2014 9:19 AM
Four dairy farmers charged with animal abuse could end up in prison.
- Commodities Could See Fall-Out From Emerging Markets Unrest
February 13 2014 3:23 PM
Gold, platinum and soybeans are among those markets most at risk, Goldman Sachs said.
- Is China's Grain Independence Over?
February 13 2014 2:51 PM
China may soon depend on imports to feed its demand for corn, just like soybeans.
- A Commodity Price Fall That's Hit US Corn Farmers
February 13 2014 11:00 AM
As corn prices hit a near five-year low, farmers are struggling as their land becomes less valuable.
- Gold Dealers May Avoid Bitcoin On Regulatory Fears
February 12 2014 4:58 PM
Confusion over money laundering rules seems prevalent at a few gold dealers.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?
- Brazil Agriculture Booms, Even As Grain Prices Wobble
February 11 2014 7:24 PM
Brazilian farm exports could surpass $100 billion in 2014, says the Agriculture Ministry.
- How Much Gold Did Chinese Grannies Buy In 2013?
February 10 2014 9:29 AM
Chinese gold consumption recorded a 41 percent leap in 2013.
- Indian Blue Chip Companies Lost $6.7B In Market Cap Last Week
February 10 2014 5:53 AM
Disappointing economic data from the U.S. last week led to bulk sell-offs in Asian markets, including those in India.
- Why Are Iron Ore, Coal Prices Slumping?
February 05 2014 1:28 PM
With iron ore comprising 60 percent of Australia's exports to China, the slump begs the question -- what's going on in China?
- What's Being Done To Make Your Food Safer To Eat
February 05 2014 10:05 AM
Poultry regulation may feature prominently in 2014 on advocates’ agendas, after two critical December reports made waves.
- Cuba’s Sugar Daddy Wants To Go Back Home
February 05 2014 6:29 AM
Alfonso Fanjul, sugar tycoon and well-known anti-Castro activist, wants to invest in his home country.
- Cows Make More Milk After Giving Birth To Daughters: Study
February 04 2014 3:31 PM
Mama cows produce more milk when they're pregnant with daughters, a study finds.