- Is China's Grain Independence Over?
February 13 2014 2:51 PM
China may soon depend on imports to feed its demand for corn, just like soybeans.
- A Commodity Price Fall That's Hit US Corn Farmers
February 13 2014 11:00 AM
As corn prices hit a near five-year low, farmers are struggling as their land becomes less valuable.
- Gold Dealers May Avoid Bitcoin On Regulatory Fears
February 12 2014 4:58 PM
Confusion over money laundering rules seems prevalent at a few gold dealers.
- US Gold Coin Sales Mixed In Early New Year
February 12 2014 12:58 PM
U.S. gold coin sales fell 40 percent in January from a year earlier.
- Copper vs. Gold As Inflation Defense: Which Shines?
February 12 2014 10:03 AM
Historically, institutional investors have favored gold. How about during the post-financial crisis era?
- Brazil Agriculture Booms, Even As Grain Prices Wobble
February 11 2014 7:24 PM
Brazilian farm exports could surpass $100 billion in 2014, says the Agriculture Ministry.
- How Much Gold Did Chinese Grannies Buy In 2013?
February 10 2014 9:29 AM
Chinese gold consumption recorded a 41 percent leap in 2013.
- Indian Blue Chip Companies Lost $6.7B In Market Cap Last Week
February 10 2014 5:53 AM
Disappointing economic data from the U.S. last week led to bulk sell-offs in Asian markets, including those in India.
- Why Are Iron Ore, Coal Prices Slumping?
February 05 2014 1:28 PM
With iron ore comprising 60 percent of Australia's exports to China, the slump begs the question -- what's going on in China?
- What's Being Done To Make Your Food Safer To Eat
February 05 2014 10:05 AM
Poultry regulation may feature prominently in 2014 on advocates’ agendas, after two critical December reports made waves.
- Cuba’s Sugar Daddy Wants To Go Back Home
February 05 2014 6:29 AM
Alfonso Fanjul, sugar tycoon and well-known anti-Castro activist, wants to invest in his home country.
- Cows Make More Milk After Giving Birth To Daughters: Study
February 04 2014 3:31 PM
Mama cows produce more milk when they're pregnant with daughters, a study finds.
- Fear Not, Emerging Markets: China Demands Goods
February 04 2014 1:30 PM
China's economy may not be growing as fast as before, but its demand for goods and commodities is as high as ever.
- China Wheat Intake Up 5,000%
February 04 2014 12:16 PM
The eye-catching statistic reflects China’s growing reliance on wheat imports to feed a nation of 1.35 billion people.
- Brazil’s Drought Sends Coffee Prices Skyward
February 04 2014 9:11 AM
Analysts had expected a bumper harvest this year for the world’s largest producer of Arabica coffee beans, but the weather isn't cooperating.
- Why Did Drilling Decline In The North Sea In 2013?
January 30 2014 9:23 AM
Read the highlights of an annual oil and gas review from Petroleum Services Group at Deloitte.
- Yes To Trans Fat Ban, No To Soda Ban: Professor
January 29 2014 2:50 PM
New York City is fighting in court to defend its ban on large sodas in restaurants.
- Commodity Sector Outlook Got You Down? Consider This Metal
January 29 2014 12:31 PM
Quick: Name one commodity enjoying rising demand, flattening production and tightening inventories?
- Why Natural Gas Prices Are Above Analysts' Estimates
January 29 2014 10:23 AM
Natural gas in recent trading has reached beyond $5/btu, a threshold Citi analysts dubbed “unthinkable."
- Which Company Dominates Online Groceries, Despite Startups?
January 29 2014 7:00 AM
About 40% of online grocery shoppers prefer one high-profile company over the others, according to a poll.