- Global Food Prices Rose In October
November 07 2013 12:53 PM
The FAO has raised its forecast for food-price growth based on measurements of oilseeds, dairy, meat and sugar.
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Steel Sector Shares
November 04 2013 8:38 AM
Steel companies could benefit from recently filed trade cases, Goldman Sachs says.
- Foreign Buyers, Private Equity Spurred Q3 Energy Sector M&A
November 01 2013 11:58 AM
Shale deals generated $5.4 billion, a third of the total deal volume in the M&A sector in the third quarter.
- Opponents Of GMO-Labeling Law Outpace Supporters In Fundraising
October 30 2013 9:54 AM
Opponents of the law have raised $22 million, while supporters have collected a paltry $7 million.
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- Dow Chemical Q3 Earnings Up 20%
October 24 2013 7:48 AM
The nation's biggest chemical company made substantial progress in paying down its debt during the third quarter.
- Open Letter To World Gold Council Says It Misrepresents Gold Demand
October 23 2013 3:50 PM
The letter says global gold demand is 1000 tons more than what council statistics say.
- Natural And Organic Shoppers: A Mixed Demographic Bag
October 23 2013 10:51 AM
Natural and organic shoppers can be divided into seven distinct categories by demographic traits, according to a consumer market research firm.
- Caterpillar Underperforms In Q3 And Sees Challenging 2014
October 23 2013 10:19 AM
Profits for the quarter fell 44 percent from the year before.
- Coffee Prices May Bottom In Coming Months
October 23 2013 6:21 AM
Better supplies from Brazil have left coffee prices at serious lows, but that could spell opportunity for investors bullish on coffee.
- US Gas Prices Hit New Low For 2013
October 22 2013 4:03 PM
Americans are paying $3.35/gallon for gas on average right now -- the lowest it’s been this year.
- Russia's Reliance On Oil Could Cost It Dearly
October 22 2013 3:47 PM
Russia relies on oil for 50 percent of its revenue, so what is it going to do when -- or if -- Iranian oil hits the market again?
- Piracy Makes Troubling Comeback In Indian Ocean
October 17 2013 4:55 PM
Seven years after pirate attacks hit the headlines off the coast of Somalia, they're back all over the Indian Ocean.
- Beer Drinkers, Beware: Fracking Might Poison Your Pale Ale
October 10 2013 9:55 AM
Activists against fracking say the drilling technique contaminates groundwater, which could mean toxic beer.
- One Word For The Future: Platinum
October 03 2013 1:39 PM
The lesser-understood precious metal stands to gain whether the global economy recovers or falters, says one industry expert.
- Radioactive And Toxic Chemicals From Fracking Found In Pennsylvania Creek
October 03 2013 12:57 PM
A new study shows how even when wastewater is treated after fracking, it still can contaminate water supplies.
- Gold Sales Glittering In China
October 01 2013 10:36 AM
China’s appetite for gold has never been stronger, despite a tough year for the metal so far in 2013.
- AmazonFresh’s Late-Game Strategy May Disrupt Supermarket Rivals
October 01 2013 6:21 AM
AmazonFresh's slow two-step strategy may be an effective way to develop a profitable distribution system, unnoticed by powerful rivals.
- Gold Mining Companies Are 'Burning Cash': Citi
September 30 2013 11:05 AM
Although gold sells in spot markets for roughly $1300/oz, total production costs usually meet or exceed that, said Citi analysts.
- Watch Out, Nigeria: Uganda Has Oil Too
September 26 2013 9:05 AM
China further expands its footprint in Africa via a deal to develop Ugandan oil reserves.