- Robot Trading Blamed For 'Flash Crash' In Gold
March 28 2014 11:02 AM
One prominent analyst cites the effects of high-volume computerized trading.
- Vietnamese Farmers Hoard Coffee As Robusta Beans Grow In Popularity
March 27 2014 11:33 PM
Some farmers in Vietnam may hold their coffee beans as a hedge against inflation in local currency.
- Gold’s Safe Haven Allure Returns, For Now
March 27 2014 1:12 PM
Gold prices have risen over tensions in Ukraine. Are the recent gains sustainable? Or Pyrrhic?
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Here's How The Coffee Market Can Determine What Kind You Drink
March 25 2014 11:53 AM
Robusta coffee has won over consumers more quickly than its established rival Arabica coffee.
- Coffee Drinking Survey Shows Young People Enjoy Gourmet Coffee
March 22 2014 7:31 PM
One executive said the coffee industry will have to compete more fiercely against energy drinks to keep young consumers drinking coffee.
- Here's A Study That Coffee Addicts Will Love
March 21 2014 1:39 PM
A 2013 study found that data collected on about 500,000 subjects point toward coffee’s positive impact on at least one vital organ.
- Will The Coffee, Cocoa, Wheat Price Rally Endure?
March 21 2014 11:40 AM
Bad weather and disease have sent wheat, cocoa and coffee prices surging this year.
- Sustainable Coffee – Trendy Catchphrase Only Captures Small Slice
March 20 2014 8:37 PM
One controversial October 2013 report from KPMG even concluded that sustainable coffee farming can marginalize poorer farmers who can’t afford demanded upgrades.
- Why JPMorgan Is Selling Its Commodities Business
March 19 2014 11:00 AM
The business could be valued at $3.3 billion, though other sources said it was worth $2.5 billion.
- Here's How US Silver Jewelry Performed In 2013
March 19 2014 6:56 AM
Half of silver jewelry purchases involve women buying jewelry for themselves, according to the survey.
- Here's Why UBS Is Reviewing Its Precious Metals Business
March 17 2014 10:14 AM
The Swiss bank held trading portfolio assets of $9.7 billion in precious metals and other physical commodities.
- Darn This (Railroad) Traffic Jam - How Bottlenecks Delay Natural Resource Shipments
March 14 2014 10:19 AM
What's more, the infrastructure problem could persist throughout 2014, as railroads turn to shipping more-profitable crude oil.
- Here's How Important Indonesia's Middle Class May Be For Its Economy
March 12 2014 2:42 PM
Their spending power is increasing, saving its economy from the damages caused by falling commodity prices.
- A Look At GE's Postmodern Subsea Oil Technology
March 12 2014 1:36 PM
If General Electric can help oil companies process oil at the seabed floor, it could earn millions and win fresh business in a competitive industry.
- With Ukraine Tension Growing, US To Tap Strategic Petroleum Reserve
March 12 2014 12:09 PM
What's more, Russia's dependence on crude sales may make it leery of further moves in Ukraine, U.S. officials hope.
- The Little-Known Relationship Between China's Shadow Banking Sector And Copper
March 11 2014 10:40 AM
Up to half of China’s warehoused copper may be used in informal financing deals as collateral.
- Natural Gas Exports Still Face Obstacles, Despite Ukraine Promises
March 10 2014 11:33 AM
Underdeveloped transport and logistics infrastructure may prevent U.S. natural gas from becoming a global natural resource in the near future.
- Why You're Likely To Pay More For Milk
March 10 2014 9:50 AM
A tell-tale stat: Total dairy product sales to China surged 70 percent last year.
- 'I'm Still Not Buying Gold': Investor Jim Rogers
March 10 2014 6:23 AM
The man who made a fortune with George Soros back in the 1980s spoke with IBTimes about demand for natural resources worldwide.