- Australian GMO Fight Could Have Global Results
May 09 2014 6:33 AM
Friends no more, Australian organic farmer Steve Marsh is suing neighboring farmer Mick Baxter over alleged GMO contamination.
- Egypt's Foreign Oil Bill Debt Rises
April 30 2014 9:19 AM
Money owed to foreign oil majors including BP and BG Group totaled $4.9 billion.
- Russia Hikes Rates Following S&P Rouble Downgrade
April 25 2014 7:47 AM
Bank of Russia says it will keep rates elevated.
- Fair Trade Gold Q&A – An Ethical And Political Niche
April 23 2014 1:58 PM
We spoke to one of the few North American jewellery retailers who carries Fairtrade gold, sourced from poor miners in South America.
- This Cinco De Mayo, Beware The Limepocalypse
April 23 2014 11:11 AM
Looking forward to a margarita as warm weather approaches? You may be in for a surprise.
- This Time, Blame Exports For Rising US Gas Prices
April 22 2014 9:04 AM
U.S. gasoline stockpiles are at a three-year low, and prices have risen 4 percent during the past year. Translation: more pain at the pump.
- Drought, Demand And Disease To Keep Your Grocery Bill Rising
April 22 2014 5:49 AM
Experts warn that food prices will continue to climb if concerted action is not taken to address key issues facing international agriculture.
- Iran Expects Next Payment Under Nuclear Deal, Confirming Compliance
April 16 2014 8:18 AM
Payment will be the fifth of six installments that together will total $4.2 billion.
- In China's Raw Material Push, Supply, Not Price, Is The Key
April 15 2014 7:08 AM
China paid full price for Peru's Las Bambas mine, but the long-term strategy is a solid one.
- Antitrust Regulators And Scores Of Companies Are Concerned About This Deal
April 10 2014 5:36 PM
The largest cement companies in the world announced a deal to merge, leading to antitrust speculation and cement price increases.
- How Ukraine's And Russia's Grain Markets Are Weathering The Crisis
April 09 2014 6:11 AM
In 2013, Ukraine was the world’s fourth-largest corn exporter and sixth-largest wheat exporter.
- Australia Gradually Shakes Off China Link
April 04 2014 7:14 AM
Economists say Australia will not experience a hard landing from the fading of a mining boom.
- Busted For Speeding ... On Wall Street
April 01 2014 6:53 AM
Since October 2009, 90 people have been charged for insider trading, of whom 79 have pleaded guilty or have been convicted at trial.
- Chinese Gold Demand Could Rise Still Further In 2014
March 28 2014 11:38 AM
Increasing demand for gold in China comes as demand from India, the world’s second-largest consumer, has declined in recent years.
- Robot Trading Blamed For 'Flash Crash' In Gold
March 28 2014 11:02 AM
One prominent analyst cites the effects of high-volume computerized trading.
- Vietnamese Farmers Hoard Coffee As Robusta Beans Grow In Popularity
March 27 2014 11:33 PM
Some farmers in Vietnam may hold their coffee beans as a hedge against inflation in local currency.
- Gold’s Safe Haven Allure Returns, For Now
March 27 2014 1:12 PM
Gold prices have risen over tensions in Ukraine. Are the recent gains sustainable? Or Pyrrhic?
- Why A Palladium Fund Has Launched In South Africa
March 27 2014 6:24 AM
Palladium and platinum are part of South Africa's prominent mining sector for the precious metals.
- Here's How The Coffee Market Can Determine What Kind You Drink
March 25 2014 11:53 AM
Robusta coffee has won over consumers more quickly than its established rival Arabica coffee.
- Coffee Drinking Survey Shows Young People Enjoy Gourmet Coffee
March 22 2014 7:31 PM
One executive said the coffee industry will have to compete more fiercely against energy drinks to keep young consumers drinking coffee.