- Supply Fears Mount On Second Pig Virus Outbreak
May 28 2014 12:55 PM
An Indiana farm is the first to confirm publicly it suffered a second outbreak of a deadly pig virus.
- How A Few Ugly Oranges Could Derail South Africa’s Economy
May 28 2014 12:46 PM
Amid fears of "black spot" fruit disease, the EU has restricted imports of citrus fruit from South Africa, the world's largest exporter.
- Indonesia, India Top Shadow Economy List
May 28 2014 2:06 AM
Shadow businesses can make up more than 80 percent of total economic activity in developing countries, according to a new study.
- We Know You're Eating Nanomaterials. We Don't Know If It's Safe.
May 22 2014 8:32 PM
Nanomaterials are found in dozens of foods.
- Everything You Need To Know About American Eagle Outfitters Store Closings
May 21 2014 6:55 PM
American Eagle Outfitters announced it would close 150 stores over the next three years. A profit plunge, climate change and the rise of fast fashion are factors.
- Your Caffeine Addiction Is Killing Central America's Economy
May 21 2014 2:51 PM
Be grateful for that daily cup of Joe: It has cost more than you think.
- Two Oregon Counties Ban GMO Crop Cultivation
May 21 2014 2:08 PM
Voters in two Oregon counties have approved ballot initiatives banning the cultivation of GMO crops.
- How Europe Is Trying To Reduce Food Waste
May 20 2014 4:46 PM
The European Union is preparing to take steps to reduce the tens of millions of tons of food that goes to waste each year across the continent.
- 'Product Of United States' Under Threat
May 20 2014 12:24 PM
An upcoming court decision could undermine a host of food labeling laws that inform consumers about the origins of what they eat.
- USAID Launching Fight Against Coffee Fungus
May 19 2014 9:04 AM
It's threatening coffee production in Latin America, which could displace workers into the illegal drug trade.
- Turkey's Poor Mining-Safety Record Fueled By Privatization: Experts
May 16 2014 7:43 PM
Companies are "maximizing profits by cutting wages and safety measures, and this is the cause for tragedies such as Soma,” says a leading Turkish energy analyst.
- Australian GMO Fight Could Have Global Results
May 09 2014 6:33 AM
Friends no more, Australian organic farmer Steve Marsh is suing neighboring farmer Mick Baxter over alleged GMO contamination.
- Egypt's Foreign Oil Bill Debt Rises
April 30 2014 9:19 AM
Money owed to foreign oil majors including BP and BG Group totaled $4.9 billion.
- Russia Hikes Rates Following S&P Rouble Downgrade
April 25 2014 7:47 AM
Bank of Russia says it will keep rates elevated.
- Fair Trade Gold Q&A – An Ethical And Political Niche
April 23 2014 1:58 PM
We spoke to one of the few North American jewellery retailers who carries Fairtrade gold, sourced from poor miners in South America.
- This Cinco De Mayo, Beware The Limepocalypse
April 23 2014 11:11 AM
Looking forward to a margarita as warm weather approaches? You may be in for a surprise.
- This Time, Blame Exports For Rising US Gas Prices
April 22 2014 9:04 AM
U.S. gasoline stockpiles are at a three-year low, and prices have risen 4 percent during the past year. Translation: more pain at the pump.
- Drought, Demand And Disease To Keep Your Grocery Bill Rising
April 22 2014 5:49 AM
Experts warn that food prices will continue to climb if concerted action is not taken to address key issues facing international agriculture.
- Iran Expects Next Payment Under Nuclear Deal, Confirming Compliance
April 16 2014 8:18 AM
Payment will be the fifth of six installments that together will total $4.2 billion.
- In China's Raw Material Push, Supply, Not Price, Is The Key
April 15 2014 7:08 AM
China paid full price for Peru's Las Bambas mine, but the long-term strategy is a solid one.