- Gold Glittering A Little Less
November 22 2013 2:04 PM
Key question: Are analysts bearish or bullish on gold in the immediate period ahead?
- Cat Cutting More Jobs
November 22 2013 10:23 AM
Historically a bellwether, Caterpillar's cuts will ripple out to impact the U.S. and global economies.
- From The Ground Up: Agribusiness Stung By EPA Ethanol Decision
November 20 2013 2:15 PM
With overwhelming empirical evidence against forced ethanol use, the EPA had to trim a corporate welfare item.
- Why Commodity Prices May Fall
November 12 2013 12:45 PM
Oil prices have already started heading south. Will other commodities follow?
- Thailand: The Next Sunny Spot In Solar Energy
November 08 2013 12:00 PM
The Thai government is buying electricity from solar power at a premium, making the industry highly lucrative.
- Somaliland’s Oil Minister: East Africa Is The New Middle East
November 08 2013 10:47 AM
A breakaway region of war-torn Somalia may be sitting on an oil bonanza. Among those looking to profit is the former boss of Gulf spill-era BP.
- Global Food Prices Rose In October
November 07 2013 12:53 PM
The FAO has raised its forecast for food-price growth based on measurements of oilseeds, dairy, meat and sugar.
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Steel Sector Shares
November 04 2013 8:38 AM
Steel companies could benefit from recently filed trade cases, Goldman Sachs says.
- Foreign Buyers, Private Equity Spurred Q3 Energy Sector M&A
November 01 2013 11:58 AM
Shale deals generated $5.4 billion, a third of the total deal volume in the M&A sector in the third quarter.
- Opponents Of GMO-Labeling Law Outpace Supporters In Fundraising
October 30 2013 9:54 AM
Opponents of the law have raised $22 million, while supporters have collected a paltry $7 million.
- Emerging Market Slowdown Weighs On Caucasus And Central Asia
October 25 2013 4:44 AM
The energy sector-driven Central Asian nations are growing but it could be a while before they move closer to pre-2008 growth rates.
- Dow Chemical Q3 Earnings Up 20%
October 24 2013 7:48 AM
The nation's biggest chemical company made substantial progress in paying down its debt during the third quarter.
- Open Letter To World Gold Council Says It Misrepresents Gold Demand
October 23 2013 3:50 PM
The letter says global gold demand is 1000 tons more than what council statistics say.
- Natural And Organic Shoppers: A Mixed Demographic Bag
October 23 2013 10:51 AM
Natural and organic shoppers can be divided into seven distinct categories by demographic traits, according to a consumer market research firm.
- Caterpillar Underperforms In Q3 And Sees Challenging 2014
October 23 2013 10:19 AM
Profits for the quarter fell 44 percent from the year before.
- Coffee Prices May Bottom In Coming Months
October 23 2013 6:21 AM
Better supplies from Brazil have left coffee prices at serious lows, but that could spell opportunity for investors bullish on coffee.
- US Gas Prices Hit New Low For 2013
October 22 2013 4:03 PM
Americans are paying $3.35/gallon for gas on average right now -- the lowest it’s been this year.
- Russia's Reliance On Oil Could Cost It Dearly
October 22 2013 3:47 PM
Russia relies on oil for 50 percent of its revenue, so what is it going to do when -- or if -- Iranian oil hits the market again?
- Piracy Makes Troubling Comeback In Indian Ocean
October 17 2013 4:55 PM
Seven years after pirate attacks hit the headlines off the coast of Somalia, they're back all over the Indian Ocean.
- Beer Drinkers, Beware: Fracking Might Poison Your Pale Ale
October 10 2013 9:55 AM
Activists against fracking say the drilling technique contaminates groundwater, which could mean toxic beer.