- Natural And Organic Shoppers: A Mixed Demographic Bag
October 23 2013 10:51 AM
Natural and organic shoppers can be divided into seven distinct categories by demographic traits, according to a consumer market research firm.
- Caterpillar Underperforms In Q3 And Sees Challenging 2014
October 23 2013 10:19 AM
Profits for the quarter fell 44 percent from the year before.
- Coffee Prices May Bottom In Coming Months
October 23 2013 6:21 AM
Better supplies from Brazil have left coffee prices at serious lows, but that could spell opportunity for investors bullish on coffee.
- US Gas Prices Hit New Low For 2013
October 22 2013 4:03 PM
Americans are paying $3.35/gallon for gas on average right now -- the lowest it’s been this year.
- Russia's Reliance On Oil Could Cost It Dearly
October 22 2013 3:47 PM
Russia relies on oil for 50 percent of its revenue, so what is it going to do when -- or if -- Iranian oil hits the market again?
- Piracy Makes Troubling Comeback In Indian Ocean
October 17 2013 4:55 PM
Seven years after pirate attacks hit the headlines off the coast of Somalia, they're back all over the Indian Ocean.
- Beer Drinkers, Beware: Fracking Might Poison Your Pale Ale
October 10 2013 9:55 AM
Activists against fracking say the drilling technique contaminates groundwater, which could mean toxic beer.
- One Word For The Future: Platinum
October 03 2013 1:39 PM
The lesser-understood precious metal stands to gain whether the global economy recovers or falters, says one industry expert.
- Radioactive And Toxic Chemicals From Fracking Found In Pennsylvania Creek
October 03 2013 12:57 PM
A new study shows how even when wastewater is treated after fracking, it still can contaminate water supplies.
- Gold Sales Glittering In China
October 01 2013 10:36 AM
China’s appetite for gold has never been stronger, despite a tough year for the metal so far in 2013.
- AmazonFresh’s Late-Game Strategy May Disrupt Supermarket Rivals
October 01 2013 6:21 AM
AmazonFresh's slow two-step strategy may be an effective way to develop a profitable distribution system, unnoticed by powerful rivals.
- Gold Mining Companies Are 'Burning Cash': Citi
September 30 2013 11:05 AM
Although gold sells in spot markets for roughly $1300/oz, total production costs usually meet or exceed that, said Citi analysts.
- Watch Out, Nigeria: Uganda Has Oil Too
September 26 2013 9:05 AM
China further expands its footprint in Africa via a deal to develop Ugandan oil reserves.
- Online Groceries Survey Shows Expanding Market
September 25 2013 5:37 PM
The U.S. market for online grocery shopping will triple over the coming decade and supermarkets must prepare.
- Iron Ore Demand May Slow, But That's Not Stopping Supplies
September 25 2013 1:39 PM
Iron ore prices may fall with demand but major iron companies are using this as an opportunity to squeeze out other competition.
- Gold Markets Even Murkier After Fed Stimulus Reduction Delay
September 24 2013 5:52 AM
Gold bugs and bears seem even more divided after last week, though they agree that the question of timing is deeply uncertain.
- Platinum And Palladium Shine As Metals To Watch
September 24 2013 5:46 AM
Strong automobile maker demand should boost the 2 metals over the next year, as they stand to outperform other commodities.
- Dennis Gartman On Gold, The Yen, US Energy
September 23 2013 12:19 PM
The influential investor spoke about gold markets, Japanese monetary policy and the U.S. energy boom.
- Turkey Eyes US Fracking Methods For Its Own Shale Gas
September 23 2013 10:41 AM
Turkey has relied heavily on natural gas imports but now looks to develop its own energy resources.
- US Oil Boom Fuels Increases In North American Rail Traffic
September 20 2013 9:31 AM
North American rail traffic is up and the North American oil boom could be the reason.