Articles by Android
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Get Orange's Quick Tap Mobile Payment System Starting Wednesday
September 04 2012 2:45 AM
UK phone network Orange and Barclaycard announced Monday that the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be the first Android smartphone to feature Quick Tap contactless mobile payment technology starting Wednesday, Sept. 5.
- Windows Phone 8 Release Announced: 4 Features Revealed By Source Close To Microsoft
September 03 2012 1:18 PM
In July Microsoft fans got a glimpse of some back up options set to come with Windows Phone 8 when the SDK leaked, but until now there was no indication of how the options would work. But now, sources close to Microsoft have revealed more information about its plans for Windows Phone 8, reports The Verge.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Announced: 3 Accessories Users Will Need Upon Launch
September 03 2012 11:44 AM
Samsung has just officially announced it's Galaxy Note 2 just before IFA began in Berlin in Friday, and the Korea-based manufacturer has already showcased a line of accessories for the device.
- Baidu Releases Android Mobile Browser For Web Games, Plans $1.6-Billion Investment In Cloud Computing
September 03 2012 8:54 AM
Baidu Inc (BIDU) has launched a new browser for mobile devices running on Android operating system that allows users to play games and watch videos without a media player, Bloomberg has reported.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Featuring S Cloud Service Demonstrated On Hands-On Video
September 03 2012 7:18 AM
The South Korean tech giant was highly expected to release its own cloud service, the "S Cloud," alongside Galaxy S3 in May, but it didn't happen. However, it appears that the company is now set to unveil the service with Galaxy Note 2 as a hands-on video from German site BestBoyZ showed S Cloud in the device's settings menu.
- Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Specs Leaked; Device Reportedly Coming To Sprint This Month
September 03 2012 5:53 AM
Samsung is going to release Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, a mid-ranged Android smartphone that would be powered by a Qualcomm S4 processor, according to a report.
- Apple iPhone 5: Fully Assembled New iPhone Mockup Spotted At IFA 2012; Taiwanese Pop Star Posts Pictures [VIDEO]
September 03 2012 2:52 AM
With the next gen Apple iPhone widely believed to be just days away, a new video has reportedly appeared at the IFA 2012 trade show in Berlin, showing a handset that claims to be a mockup of the fully assembled Apple iPhone 5.
- Meet The Sphero, A Smartphone-Controlled Ball That Could Be The Future Of Toys
August 31 2012 12:52 PM
The Sphero is a new kind of toy that tries to blend virtual gaming with physical toys in what its creators call "mixed reality." But before it does that, co-creator Ian Bernstein wants users to become more friendly with their machines.
- China To Overtake US In Smartphone Shipments By End Of 2012: IDC
August 31 2012 6:47 AM
Thanks to strong end-user demand for lower-priced smartphones, China, the largest market for smartphones this year, will overtake the US as the global leader in smartphone shipments in 2012, according to a new report by IDC.
- Apple App Store Turns Down Controversial App That Tracks US Drone Strikes (VIDEO)
August 31 2012 5:12 AM
Cupertino giant Apple seems to have left an app developer lost as it has continuously rejected an application from its App Store.
- Google, Apple CEOs Try To Mediate Patent Disputes: Report
August 30 2012 3:51 PM
Patent resolution talks have been conducted by Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) CEO Tim Cook and Google (Nasdaq: CEO) Larry Page and may continue, Reuters reported.
- Amazon Sells Out Of Kindle Fire, Then Says It's Making Big Annoucment Next Week
August 30 2012 3:10 PM
Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
- Sony Unveils Xperia Tablet S, 3 Android Smartphones - Xperia T, Xperia V And Xperia J At IFA 2012
August 30 2012 6:41 AM
Sony unveiled an upgraded version of its Android tablet and three new Ice Cream Sandwich smartphones Wednesday at IFA 2012 in Berlin.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Officially Revealed: Full List Of Specs And Features Confirmed; Did The Rumors Hold Up? [VIDEO]
August 29 2012 6:04 PM
Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Note 2, the successor to the Korea-based manufacturer's widely successful Galaxy Note device. As expected, Samsung unveiled the smartphone-tablet hybrid just ahead of IFA, which starts on Friday in Berlin.
- Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]
August 29 2012 10:27 AM
Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.
- Apple iPhone 5: Report Says NFC Unlikely As Release Date Nears; How Will It Affect Company?
August 29 2012 6:36 AM
Folks at AnandTech don't think that Apple iPhone 5 will feature NFC. They said in a recent report that the new iPhone's backside ruled out the possibility of NFC within the device. According to the report, inclusion of NFC is very unlikely because of the mostly metal backplate of the next iPhone.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date Revealed: 5 Specs And Features To Expect [VIDEO]
August 28 2012 3:39 PM
Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is scheduled for an October release date and is said to be unveiled this Wednesday, as multiple reports have cited. The unconventionally-designed smartphone, which combines the elements of a cellphone and a tablet into one device, comes only a few months after the original Galaxy Note was announced in February.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Feature 3 New Color Choices, Will The Release Date Come Soon?
August 28 2012 12:28 PM
The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 arrived back in May, but that doesn’t mean the Korea-based manufacturer is done surprising fans of the device. Samsung has just announced that the Galaxy S3 will be available in three new colors, all of which stay consistent with the nature-based theme that Samsung’s flagship smartphone has features thus far.
- Motorola Droid RAZR M 4G LTE Specs Leaked
August 28 2012 10:23 AM
Just one week before Motorola’s September 5 event, the specifications for its new Droid RAZR M 4G LTE phone have been leaked, according to Mashable.
- OnLive CEO Steve Perlman Steps Down, Hands Company Over To Lauder Partners: The Impact On Cloud-Streaming Game Service
August 28 2012 9:59 AM
According to Eurogamer, OnLive founder and CEO Steve Perlman has stepped down as head of the company, making way for new ownership in the form of Lauder Partners, an investment group specializing in technology.