- Perhaps it's no coincidence that a week before Amazon is set to make a big announcement it has sold out of the popular Kindle Fire. Is this is prequel to the sequel?
- Sony unveiled an upgraded version of its Android tablet and three new Ice Cream Sandwich smartphones Wednesday at IFA 2012 in Berlin.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Officially Revealed: Full List Of Specs And Features Confirmed; Did The Rumors Hold Up? [VIDEO]Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Note 2, the successor to the Korea-based manufacturer's widely successful Galaxy Note device. As expected, Samsung unveiled the smartphone-tablet hybrid just ahead of IFA, which starts on Friday in Berlin.
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Coming Next Week? Nokia Teases With New Ad, More Price Rumors Begin To Surface [VIDEO]Nokia has just launched a new video hinting that an upcoming Windows Phone 8 release date could be announced very soon. A press event with Microsoft is scheduled for Sept. 5, coming right in between the dates that competitors Apple and Samsung are expected to make some major unveils as well.
- Folks at AnandTech don't think that Apple iPhone 5 will feature NFC. They said in a recent report that the new iPhone's backside ruled out the possibility of NFC within the device. According to the report, inclusion of NFC is very unlikely because of the mostly metal backplate of the next iPhone.
- Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is scheduled for an October release date and is said to be unveiled this Wednesday, as multiple reports have cited. The unconventionally-designed smartphone, which combines the elements of a cellphone and a tablet into one device, comes only a few months after the original Galaxy Note was announced in February.
- The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy S3 arrived back in May, but that doesn’t mean the Korea-based manufacturer is done surprising fans of the device. Samsung has just announced that the Galaxy S3 will be available in three new colors, all of which stay consistent with the nature-based theme that Samsung’s flagship smartphone has features thus far.
OnLive CEO Steve Perlman Steps Down, Hands Company Over To Lauder Partners: The Impact On Cloud-Streaming Game ServiceAccording to Eurogamer, OnLive founder and CEO Steve Perlman has stepped down as head of the company, making way for new ownership in the form of Lauder Partners, an investment group specializing in technology.
Apple iPhone 5 Feature Appears In Allegedly Leaked Photo: NFC Chip Visible Along With Other Reported ComponentsThe release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is expected to come next month, and yet another allegedly leaked photo of what is expected to be the device’s front panel has surfaced. These newly discovered photographs reportedly provide evidence that Apple has implemented its first Near Field Communication (NFC) compatibility in the iPhone 5.
- At a time when Samsung is expected to release the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update - the newest version of Google's mobile operating system - for its Galaxy S3 smartphone Aug. 29, it appears that owners of the T-Mobile version of the device can already try out the update, thanks to a leaked version of the OS.
- Four months after Sony unveiled its "One Sony" concept to recapture its leading role, Sony has finally offered a glimpse into its practical strategies to streamline integration between different hardware products and media platforms.
- "What's Trending," a fresh weekly live interactive talk show that airs as part of the YouTube partnership program, has recently switched to a daily five-day format. The major upgrade is another indicator of how YouTube has successfully nurtured an environment of discovery, independence and innovation for the site's artists and creators that traditional media has not.
- Sony Mobile announced Thursday that it would lay off about 15 percent (approximately 1,000 personnel) of its global workforce as part of its global operational restructure. The company also announced that it would move its corporate headquarters from Lund, Sweden, to Tokyo, Japan in October.
'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Casts Sam Claflin As Finnick Odair: 5 Other Actors Better For The RoleFans of “The Hunger Games” series have been eagerly awaiting details on the next film, and more casting information has emerged. It was reported back in the middle of July that Sam Claflin would play the role of Finnick Odair in the next installment, “Hunger Games: Catching Fire.”
- Three websites accused of copyright infringement for allowing the illegal download of Android apps have been taken down. Applanet.net, Appbucket.net and Snappzmarket.com have all been seized by the FBI.
How To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean On Samsung?s Galaxy S3: Is This The Most Credible Leak Yet? [VIDEO, FEATURES]Since Google announced its Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade, endless leaks have surfaced throughout the Internet. However, the most recent alleged leak to appear allows users to install the Jelly Bean software on Samsung?s Galaxy S3, the company?s flagship smartphone of 2012.
Windows Phone Users Likely To Overtake BlackBerry In US By November; Android, iOS Users To Maintain LeadThe Windows Phone is all set to garner a third rank in the mobile OS race in the U.S. by November 2012, due to the continuous downslide of the BlackBerry market share, web usage data from StatCounter revealed.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Looks Sleeker Than Ever In New Trailer; What We Learned About The Device [VIDEO]Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 is catered towards those who look to create and consume media content, and the Korea-based manufacturer is certainly stressing that point in its advertising campaign. The successor to the original ?phablet? device is reportedly set for a release date on August 29, and as that date draws near more information on the device seems to emerge.
- Ahead of the much-awaited Verizon and Motorola September 5 event, YouTube hosted some leaked tutorial videos for Motorola DROID RAZR HD.