- ShazamTones is a new Cydia app for users who jailbreak their iphones. The app allows users to download free ringtones without having to alter songs in their iTunes library.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Heat Up As Alleged Image Shows Front Body And Larger, Wider Display [FEATURES]Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is rumored for a release date at the end of August, and as that date approaches another purported leak has surfaced. An image of what is believed to be the device has appeared online, according to KnowYourMobile.
- Just a couple of days after it was reported that Samsung's latest flagship smartphone the Galaxy S3 is going to receive Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on August 29, a leaked build of the OS surfaced Thursday with the claim of giving users "the chance to test the first Jelly Bean ROM by Samsung." Here are the steps to install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3.
- The widely successful camera app Instagram has just received a new update that will incorporate location-based tags. The function, known as Photo Mapping, has rolled out to both Android and iOS-based iterations of the app.
Apple iOS 6 Features: Users ‘Disappointed’ Without YouTube App, Google Maps Upgraded As iPhone 5 Release ApproachesThe release date for Apple’s iOS 6 is less than a month away, with the upcoming iPhone 5 expected to launch around the same time. Users may be excited about features such as the new map app from Apple, but there is one app that fans will be missing for certain: YouTube.
Android Jelly Bean Release Date For Samsung Galaxy S3 May Come This Month With Galaxy Note 2 Unveil, Rumors Say [FEATURES]Rumors about a release date for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung’s Galaxy S3 have been circulating since the new Google operating system was announced in June. The most recent speculation suggests that the Android upgrade will roll out to the Galaxy S3 along with the alleged unveil of Samsung’s Galaxy Note on August 29.
- Wal-Mart Stores Inc [WMT], Target Corp. [TGT], 7-Eleven Inc., and Sunoco Inc. [SUN] are poised to announce their rival to the Google Wallet payment system, which launched on Android powered phones last year, the Wall Street Journal revealed. When it does launch, MCX will join the multi-billion dollar race to develop mobile phone payment systems, which propose to do away with cash and card transactions.
- Rumors about a black Samsung Galaxy S3 gathered pace last week. And now, a new report Monday apparently confirmed that the black-colored Galaxy S3 is indeed going to be a reality sooner than later. UK retailer MobileFun has listed the smartphone for pre-orders at a price of £499.95 (around $785).
Windows Phone 8 Release Date Could Come In September Near Rumored iPhone 5 Unveil; Reasons It Will Launch Next MonthMicrosoft’s upcoming Windows Phone 8 is likely to see a release date this fall, as manufacturers Nokia and HTC have been ramping up production of smartphones based on this platform, DigiTimes has reported.
- Google has reportedly purchased the rights to the Frommer's travel brand from publisher John Wiley & Sons for an undisclosed sum, according to The Wall Street Journal, presumably to bolster its local reviews of small businesses, restaurants, sights and destinations around the globe. With the combination of Frommer's and Zagat, Google will be able to give audiences plenty of ways to view reviews and/or ratings of local businesses around the world throughout its mobile Android platf...
- Dalton Caldwell, the digital entrepreneur who sometimes enjoys writing angry open letters to Mark Zuckerberg, believes people would prefer a paid version of Twitter where they're not constantly sold to by advertisers, but one where developers and the users are the center of the social experience. Caldwell said he was "inspired to build exactly the service I wanted manifested myself," which he calls App.Net. Now that he's successfully raised his funds, here comes the tough part: Makin...
- Romney supporters were to download an app called Mitt's VP, which promised they would be the first to know of his running mate. So on Friday night, who was the first to break the news of Mitt Romney's VP? Well, whoever it was, it wasn't the Romney campaign.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rumors Indicate No Android Jelly Bean, But Will It Come With Flexible Display? [VIDEO]The release date for Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2 is set to come at the end of this month, but those expecting the smartphone-tablet hybrid to come with Android’s Jelly Bean may be disappointed. The Galaxy Note successor will reportedly launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Ouya's Kickstarter campaign finally closed on Thursday morning, and just as Uhrman predicted, Ouya has finally arrived. Gamers, developers and fans looking to pre-order an Ouya can now do so via the company's website. Ouya said the expected release date for its Android-based gaming console is April 2013.
- Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine, said it has devised a voice-enabled app for Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) iPhones that will challenge the Siri personal assistant. The move comes two months after Google acquired Motorola Mobility Holdings, one of the top makers of smartphones.
- According to a new IDC report, Android and iOS together accounted for 85 percent of all smartphones shipped in the second quarter of 2012, establishing a new combined high for the mobile operating systems from Google and Apple.
- Google's Android is the most heavily targeted mobile operating system by malware since it is an open platform where malicious apps can make easy way to users' devices. A recent report has just underpinned the same, saying that both Android-based and the mobile malware in general are increasing even further.
- No surprise. Smartphones operating on the Android OS from Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine and the iOS from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, now power 85 percent of all new smartphones, IDC estimated.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: iOS 6 Scalable To Rumored 640 x 1136 Next iPhone Resolution, Points To New 9-Pin ConnectorRumor has it so far that Apple will follow suit of rival Android devices and release the iPhone 5, boasting a taller 640×1136 resolution display. A latest report has claimed that iOS 6 is completely scalable to the rumored taller iPhone 5 display, allowing five complete rows of apps in the home screen.