Articles by Android
- Galaxy Note 2 Release Date Confirmed By Samsung, It's Aug 29
August 03 2012 8:27 AM
Premium handset manufacturer Samsung has confirmed that the next version of the popular Galaxy Note tablet will be released Aug 29.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Coming To Contract-Free Carrier Ting On Sprint's 4G LTE Network
August 03 2012 12:43 AM
Tucows, a provider of domain names and other Internet services, announced Thursday that its mobile phone service, Ting, has made the new Samsung Galaxy S3 available for pre-order on its website.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Release Lands On 0.8 Percent Of Devices As Ice Cream Sandwich Updates Increase [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 02 2012 5:07 PM
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may be Google?s newest brag-worthy operating system, but Ice Cream Sandwich still reigns supreme in the mobile market. A new report from Google shows that Ice Cream Sandwich is powering nearly 16 percent of all Android devices.
- Amazon Launches Video App for Apple iPad, But The App Is Still Not Available On Android Tablets Like Nexus 7
August 02 2012 11:34 AM
This week has been good for Apple users who were presented with several options for watching video on their iPad. After the news of Hulu Plus being available on Apple, Amazon announced that Amazon?s video app will also be available for free download on Apple iTunes. The only other tablet that this app was available on was Kindle Fire and there were expectations that it would be made available on android tablets like Nexus 7.
- Android 4.0 ICS Update: Ice Cream Sandwich Arrives For Sprint's HTC Evo 3D And Evo Design 4G
August 02 2012 6:50 AM
Just a couple of weeks after Sprint announced that its HTC Evo 3D and Evo Design 4G would get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update by "early August," the U.S. carrier has now started pushing out the over-the-air (OTA) updates for both the devices.
- RIM: BlackBerry Security Not Compromised in India
August 02 2012 12:28 AM
Research in Motion (RIM.TO) refuted on Wednesday a new round of Indian media reports, which claim that the BlackBerry maker has granted the government the encryption keys to its secure corporate email and messaging services.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Features: 5 Tips For The Nexus 7 Tablet, See The 'Buttery Smooth' OS In Action [VIDEO]
August 01 2012 6:38 PM
Google?s next operating system update, known as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, is being rolled out for a number of mobile devices, one of which being the Nexus 7 tablet. At Google?s I/O developer?s conference at the end of June, the company showcased the new operating system along with its fresh self-branded tablet.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release To Come In Two Versions Similar To Galaxy S3, Rumors Say [SPECS]
August 01 2012 3:36 PM
Now that Samsung has released its Galaxy S3 flagship device, attention has turned to the Galaxy Note 2. Rumors have indicated that the phone-tablet hybrid will launch this month, but new speculations say that the Korea-based company will release two different versions.
- Olympics 2012: Top 5 Live Streaming Apps, Where To See Photos And Highlights Of The London Games For Free
August 01 2012 8:59 AM
The 2012 Olympic Games are in full swing, running from July 27 through August 12 in London. From swimming, to gymnastics to archery, nations all over the world unite to compete in the most monumental and historical series of sporting events.
- Google Nexus Q Release Date Delayed, Those Who Pre-Ordered Will Get Free 'Preview' Device
August 01 2012 2:29 AM
Google's Nexus Q, the spherical black media device that played a big role in the Google I/O keynote in June, is apparently off to a shaky start. The company announced Tuesday that the launch of the Nexus Q had definitely been delayed as it was still working on the device for further improvements.
- The Daily Lays Off A Third Of Its Staff: Rupert Murdoch?s Experiment Goes Awry
July 31 2012 5:52 PM
The struggling tablet-only newspaper the Daily is planning to fire 50 of its 170 employees. The opinion and sports departments will be hardest hit.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Factory Images Released: How To Restart Your Phone With The New OS, Other Devices To Get The Upgrade [FEATURES]
July 31 2012 4:22 PM
Ever since Google unveiled its new Jelly Bean operating system, the mobile industry has been buzzing about the new ?buttery? OS. The release date could be coming soon, as the search engine giant has just posted factory images of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its line of Nexus devices. These are the first smartphones and tablets to get the new operating system.
- Ouya, The Android-Powered Kickstarter Console Lands First Major Developer
July 31 2012 10:51 AM
Just days after the Ouya developers announced that their Kickstarter-sponsored console will be launching with OnLive support, Square Enix Japan becomes the first major developer to sign a deal with the Ouya.
- Samsung To Release Retina Display Tablet: Will It Rival Apple?s iPad? Thinner Bezel, Ice Cream Sandwich, And Other Features To Expect
July 31 2012 10:44 AM
It looks like Apple isn?t the only company rolling out Retina display. Court documents made public in the Apple vs. Samsung trial reveal that the Korea-based company is working on a tablet of its very own that incorporates this display technology.
- Samsung Galaxy Note T-Mobile Variant's Release Date Set For Aug. 8; Device To Cost $250
July 31 2012 7:39 AM
T-Mobile customers will soon get a chance to experience the phone-tablet sensation Samsung Galaxy Note with the S Pen for $250, the Android Authority reported.
- Android Market Share Declines In US, Apple iOS Gains Ground As iPhone 5 Expected To Strengthen Growth: Report
July 31 2012 6:05 AM
According to a latest report released by the research firm Strategy Analytics on Wireless Smartphone Strategies, though Android still dominates the mobile OS market in the U.S., its market share declined over the last year. On top of that, while Android lost its grip on the market significantly, rival Apple's iOS platform grew rather rapidly during the same period of time.
- ICM Capital announces Spanish Expansion of their Website
July 30 2012 1:12 PM
London July, 2012 - ICM Capital, one of UK's leading Forex trading companies, today announced the expansion of their services with the notable launch of their Spanish language website www.ICMCapital.es. After recently launching the Arabic language site, the decision to further expand was made to cater for the company's rapidly increasing Spanish speaking client base around the world.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date Reportedly Unveiled: Phone Cases Already On Sale, Why The Next-Gen Smartphone Should Worry Android
July 30 2012 11:02 AM
The release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is reportedly set for Sept. 21, and is said to be accompanied by a new iPad Mini. This may be more than a month away, but some vendors are already selling cases for the upcoming iPhone 5.
- Microsoft Readies Windows 8 War Chest With Wireless Mice, Keyboard
July 30 2012 8:21 AM
As Microsoft Corp gears to take on the leaders in the handheld devices market with the Oct 26 release of Surface, its tablet answer to competitor offerings, the software maker has strengthened its war chest with the launch of the wireless mice and keyboard.
- How Google Fiber Can Be A Game Changer In Internet, Cable Television
July 27 2012 4:21 AM
Google Fiber + TV with its one gigabit per second Internet and cable television service is all set to change the dynamics of the broadcast media though its content line-up is yet to match up with traditional players.