- No surprise. Smartphones operating on the Android OS from Google (Nasdaq: GOOG), the No. 1 search engine and the iOS from Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, now power 85 percent of all new smartphones, IDC estimated.
Apple iPhone 5 Features: iOS 6 Scalable To Rumored 640 x 1136 Next iPhone Resolution, Points To New 9-Pin ConnectorRumor has it so far that Apple will follow suit of rival Android devices and release the iPhone 5, boasting a taller 640×1136 resolution display. A latest report has claimed that iOS 6 is completely scalable to the rumored taller iPhone 5 display, allowing five complete rows of apps in the home screen.
- Microsoft has entered into an intellectual property (IP) licensing agreement with Sharp to use the latest Extended File Allocation Table (exFAT), a modern file system that facilitates large files for audiovisual media and enables seamless data portability for an easy interchange of files between desktop PCs and other electronic devices.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Release Date For Samsung Galaxy S3 May Come This Fall, Other Devices Still In Testing Phase [VIDEO, FEATURES]Google’s newly announced Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system may be making its way to two of the most popular Samsung devices this fall, lining up with Apple’s iOS 6 release date.
- Siri's reputation is well-earned: But would you trust Siri, or any of her similar rivals out there for Android, to pay your bank bill? Nuance has clearly thought about what's missing from the voice recognition department, and unveiled its own solution on Monday, called "Nina." Apple's solution is better for casual users, while Nuance's solution is a must for business and customer service professionals.
- Thanks to Apple's record-setting quarter of its iPad sales, the worldwide tablet market saw a better-than-anticipated second quarter with a robust year-over-year growth rate of 66.2 percent, according to a report by IDC.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Tablet Priced At $125 Overseas: Meet The Second Tablet To Get Google’s ‘Buttery Smooth’ OS [FEATURES]Google's new Nexus 7 tablet may be garnering attention in the tablet industry, but there may be an unlikely competitor. An Indian company will be offering a tablet running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean that will only cost $125, PCWorld reported.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date To Come Just Weeks Before Alleged iPhone 5 Unveil, Features To Expect [SPECS]Samsung has confirmed that its Galaxy Note 2 will be unveiled this month. A representative from the company told Reuters that the device will be announced at a Samsung Mobile Unpacked event on August 29, similar to the way the Samsung Galaxy S3 was unveiled.
- Premium handset manufacturer Samsung has confirmed that the next version of the popular Galaxy Note tablet will be released Aug 29.
- Tucows, a provider of domain names and other Internet services, announced Thursday that its mobile phone service, Ting, has made the new Samsung Galaxy S3 available for pre-order on its website.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Release Lands On 0.8 Percent Of Devices As Ice Cream Sandwich Updates Increase [VIDEO, FEATURES]Android 4.1 Jelly Bean may be Google?s newest brag-worthy operating system, but Ice Cream Sandwich still reigns supreme in the mobile market. A new report from Google shows that Ice Cream Sandwich is powering nearly 16 percent of all Android devices.
Amazon Launches Video App for Apple iPad, But The App Is Still Not Available On Android Tablets Like Nexus 7This week has been good for Apple users who were presented with several options for watching video on their iPad. After the news of Hulu Plus being available on Apple, Amazon announced that Amazon?s video app will also be available for free download on Apple iTunes. The only other tablet that this app was available on was Kindle Fire and there were expectations that it would be made available on android tablets like Nexus 7.
- Just a couple of weeks after Sprint announced that its HTC Evo 3D and Evo Design 4G would get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update by "early August," the U.S. carrier has now started pushing out the over-the-air (OTA) updates for both the devices.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Features: 5 Tips For The Nexus 7 Tablet, See The 'Buttery Smooth' OS In Action [VIDEO]Google?s next operating system update, known as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, is being rolled out for a number of mobile devices, one of which being the Nexus 7 tablet. At Google?s I/O developer?s conference at the end of June, the company showcased the new operating system along with its fresh self-branded tablet.
- Now that Samsung has released its Galaxy S3 flagship device, attention has turned to the Galaxy Note 2. Rumors have indicated that the phone-tablet hybrid will launch this month, but new speculations say that the Korea-based company will release two different versions.
Olympics 2012: Top 5 Live Streaming Apps, Where To See Photos And Highlights Of The London Games For FreeThe 2012 Olympic Games are in full swing, running from July 27 through August 12 in London. From swimming, to gymnastics to archery, nations all over the world unite to compete in the most monumental and historical series of sporting events.
- Google's Nexus Q, the spherical black media device that played a big role in the Google I/O keynote in June, is apparently off to a shaky start. The company announced Tuesday that the launch of the Nexus Q had definitely been delayed as it was still working on the device for further improvements.
- The struggling tablet-only newspaper the Daily is planning to fire 50 of its 170 employees. The opinion and sports departments will be hardest hit.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Factory Images Released: How To Restart Your Phone With The New OS, Other Devices To Get The Upgrade [FEATURES]Ever since Google unveiled its new Jelly Bean operating system, the mobile industry has been buzzing about the new ?buttery? OS. The release date could be coming soon, as the search engine giant has just posted factory images of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for its line of Nexus devices. These are the first smartphones and tablets to get the new operating system.