Articles by Facebook
- Facebook And Google Read Your Private Mail [VIDEO]
January 03 2014 4:33 PM
Facebook has been monitoring your “private” messages and mining the data to sell to advertisers.
- Shaun White Arrest: Police Source Say He 'Put Himself In Jail,' Refused To Cooperate
September 18 2012 3:14 PM
Shaun White was arrested on Sunday, on charges of vandalism and public intoxication, but according to new reports, he could have avoided spending the night in jail if he had only cooperated with police.
- National Cheeseburger Day 2012: Free Burgers And Other Great Deals Across America
September 18 2012 12:46 PM
National Cheeseburger Day is Tuesday, Sept. 18. Burger joints across the nation are celebrating this momentous occasion with a variety of deals, while others are honoring the day by using your cheeseburger purchase to benefit charity.
- John Ingle, Edward Quartermaine On 'General Hospital,' Dies At 84
September 18 2012 10:59 AM
Actor John Ingle, a mainstay on "General Hospital" for nearly two decades, died this week after losing his battle with cancer. He was 84.
- All Signs Pointing to Gold
September 18 2012 3:36 AM
With another syringe of quantitative easing being injected into the U.S. economy's bloodstream, Ben Bernanke is giving the markets their liquidity fix. The Federal Reserve's action reaffirmed my stance I've reiterated on several occasions that the governments across developed markets have no fiscal discipline, opting for ultra-easy monetary policies to stimulate growth instead.
- iOS 6 Release Date Nears: Get Your iPhone Ready
September 18 2012 1:39 AM
During the unveiling of iPhone 5 in San Francisco last week, Apple announced that the latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 6, would be made available for all the supported devices, including iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2 Sept. 19.
- Apple iOS 6 Release: A Complete Guide To The 200 New Features
September 17 2012 5:41 PM
At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will be released as a free update to iOS users two days prior to the launch of the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release this Friday, Sept. 21. There are more than 200 new features coming to iOS 6. Here, we do our best to outline all of the biggest features right here for you. A...
- Facebook Rival GREE Acquires Mobile Developer App Ant Studios To Capture US Mobile Market
September 17 2012 4:18 PM
GREE (TYO:3632), Japan's $4.7 billion online media giant and regional rival to U.S.-based internet companies like Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) and Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) stepped further into America soil on Monday with another developer acquisition, this time of California-based mobile game developer App Ant Studios.
- New Baby Panda Born At National Zoo After 5 False Alarms
September 17 2012 12:20 PM
Proud panda mother Mei Xiang has shown similar signs of pregnancy five times since 2007, all of which turned out to be false alarms. But on Sunday night, she delivered.
- Rosh Hashana Sermon Read at Occupy Wall Street Rally [FULL TEXT]
September 17 2012 10:35 AM
On Sunday night, just a day before the one year anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street movement, protesters returned to Zuccotti Park, formerly the central camp ground of the protest, to kick off celebrations. The festivities also coincided with another event; Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.
- PB&J Ban: Arkansas School Blacklists Delicious Peanut Spread, Causes Facebook Backlash
September 16 2012 5:59 PM
A Viola, Ark., schoolboy was denied his homemade peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich at lunch because of a ban on peanut products, sparking an outcry on Facebook over lunchtime rights and the ever-growing list of child-safety-oriented rules that leave some parents hungry for common sense.
- Technology Focus: Zuck's Good Week Without Changing Name To 'Facebook Mobile'
September 16 2012 10:02 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, had a good week: its shares vaulted 15 percent after CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared at a forum in San Francisco where he acknowledged mistakes. Now, with Instagram tucked in and commitments for search and mobile, is it a time for another look at half price?
- Zynga Lashes Back At EA With Countersuit, Hires Samsung?s Law Firm To Take On Rival Game Developer
September 15 2012 7:46 PM
Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
- Occupy Wall Street Plans Concert, Demonstration Surrounding NYSE To Mark Anniversary
September 15 2012 3:36 PM
Occupy Wall Street are planning to return in force to New York City's Financial District, hoping to recapture momentum.
- Something For Nothing: How The Videogame Industry Is Adapting To A 'Freemium' World
September 15 2012 2:41 PM
As traditional video games companies like Electronic Arts and Activision Vision struggle to find their way in the free-to-play Internet-based gaming environment, "freemium" companies like Zynga and Kixeye continue to seek the new Holy Grail: monetizing online games.
- Real Madrid vs Sevilla: Watch Live Online Stream, Prediction, Line-Ups, and Preview
September 15 2012 12:46 PM
Real Madrid have won the last seven meetings in all competitions against Sevilla.
- The PB&J Ban, Kate Middleton Topless Photos, And The End Of Respect
September 14 2012 10:29 PM
Few would say we're living in a time when people have much respect for each other. The Internet that was supposed to have ushered in an "information superhighway" has morphed into a snarky battleground and the presidential race reeks of angry versus angrier instead of being suffused by what voters need. Now, though, we're arguing about banning PB&J sandwiches and the Kate Middleton topless-photo scandal.
- Derrick Rose Cries During D Rose 3 Sneaker Launch [VIDEO]
September 14 2012 4:21 PM
Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose was overcome with emotion during the unveiling of his new Adidas shoe, the D Rose 3, with the NBA superstar on the verge of tears multiple times at the Chicago event.
- Cassandra Bankson, Makeup Tip Sensation, Makes Appearance On Runway At New York Fashion Week [PHOTO]
September 14 2012 2:01 PM
Cassandra Bankson, an acne ridden teen who made headlines when she made a viral YouTube video on how to cover up acne-plagued skin, appeared on the runway at the recent New York fashion week.
- Paris Hilton Dead? Heiress Is The Latest Death Hoax Victim
September 14 2012 10:25 AM
Paris Hilton was reported dead on Friday after allegedly dying in a violent car accident. Global Associated alleges that the 30-year-old heiress was killed instantly after losing control of the vehicle she was driving.