- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors Indicate Price Will Start At $199; Alleged Photo Shows Black And White Models
September 07 2012 4:49 PM
As the rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 approaches, more details have begun to leak onto the web. The most recent bit of information allegedly leaks the price for Apple’s next smartphone alongside the device’s model number.
- WWE Superstar John Cena: Victim of Celeb Death Hoax
September 07 2012 3:43 PM
Is John Cena Dead? The WWE superstar reportedly died according to a report on the internet, and has been the victim of a celebrity death hoax.
- Bing vs. Google -- Microsoft’s Pepsi Challenge Backfires
September 07 2012 12:32 PM
Microsoft on Thursday evoked the famous Pepsi Challenge marketing campaign when it launched the "Bing It On" challenge, an online blind comparison test in which its Bing search engine goes head to head with Google
- Washington Post Calls Indian PM 'Silent' And 'Tragic,' Govt Reacts Sharply
September 07 2012 4:42 AM
The Indian government's response to a report on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh published Wednesday by the Washington Post has had the local media heatedly debating the validity of the article and India's sensitive reaction to foreign publications finding fault with its leaders.
- Morgan Freeman Dead? No, He Joins Eddie Murphy, 50 Cent As The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Death Hoax
September 06 2012 9:38 PM
Morgan Freeman is not dead, despite a report that originated on Facebook earlier this week. A Morgan Freeman impersonator, though, did read aloud from the book "50 Shades of Grey."
- Texas Sporting Goods Store Offers Free Handgun For Facebook Likes
September 06 2012 2:42 PM
Sportman's Elite, a local sporting goods retailer that sells firearms and hunting equipment in El Paso, Texas, will be giving away a handgun to one of its Facebook fans once the page reaches 300 "likes."
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD Revealed: Release Date, Price And Specs For Next Generation Tablet Unveiled
September 06 2012 2:42 PM
Amazon unveiled its next-generation Kindle Fire at a press event on Sept. 6 in California alongside a fresh paper-white E-reader. Referred to as the Kindle Fire HD, the device boasts visual upgrades, a faster processor and longer lasting battery than its predecessor.
- Democratic National Convention Schedule: Celebrties (And Joe Biden) Will Take The Stage
September 06 2012 2:17 PM
Charlotte will become Party Central Thursday night as the 2012 Democratic National Convention ends with President Barack Obama accepting his party's nomination following speeches by Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. John Kerry (D-MA).
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumors: AT&T Expands LTE Network, Another Reason The Likely Feature Will Become A Reality
September 06 2012 11:37 AM
On Thursday, AT&T announced that it will be expanding its 4G LTE coverage to nine new markets in the United States, with 40 more to come before the end of 2012. This news comes as Apple is expected to unveil its rumored iPhone 5 release on Sept. 12, just six days away, according to Apple Insider.
- Pre-Market Movers (Nokia, Procter & Gamble, Facebook, Abercrombie, Citigroup, Telefonica, Groupon, ArcelorMittal, ABB)
September 06 2012 6:26 AM
Nokia Corp, Telefonica, ABB Ltd, Procter & Gamble, ArcelorMittal, Facebook, Abercrombie & Fitch, Citigroup and Groupon Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Thursday.
- Apple iPhone 5 Release May Face Supply Constraints: Why This Could Boost AAPL Stock
September 05 2012 2:31 PM
Rumored supply chain issues may have an impact on the release date for the iPhone 5, as it was reported that Sharp Co is behind schedule in producing the device's display. However, this influence may not be a negative one. New analysis has found that constraints have actually had a positive effect on Apple's stock price, reports Apple Insider.
- Michelle Obama Speech Helps DNC Explode Past RNC On Twitter [TRANSCRIPT, VIDEO]
September 05 2012 12:36 PM
Michelle Obama struck a cord at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) Tuesday night in Charlotte. The First Lady, or "FLOTUS," stood at the podium and shared a heartwarming story about her family, her husband's past, their shared values, and their dream to build a better country based on those values. The reaction from her convention speech helped DNC explode past the RNC in social spheres like Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- Facebook Firewall: No-Sell Pledge By Zuckerberg Boost Shares
September 05 2012 8:41 AM
A firewall set up late Tuesday by Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, appears to be holding: shares rose 45 cents to $18.17 in early Wednesday after CEO Mark Zuckerberg promised not to sell any more shares for at least a year.
- Facebook Stock Prices Swing Amid Mark Zuckerberg's Reassuring Vows To Boost Investor Confidence
September 05 2012 7:35 AM
Facebook's (FB) stock continued to witness swinging fortunes as its prices hit an all-time low of $17.55 Tuesday before closing at $17.72, almost 1.82 percent lower than the previous close. Amidst the fluctuating fortunes, CEO Mark Zuckerberg declared that he would not sell any shares at least for another one year.
- Pre-Market Movers (Pluristem, Facebook, ARM Holdings, BP plc, Netflix, Nokia, Francesca's, Alcatel, Capital One, Lennar)
September 05 2012 6:27 AM
Pluristem Therapeutics, Facebook Inc, ARM Holdings Plc, Francesca's Holdings Corp, BP Plc, Nokia Corp, Alcatel Lucent SA, Capital One Financial Corp, Netflix and Lennar Corp. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Wednesday.
- Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Wendy's, Santarus, Sarepta, Glu, Facebook, FEI, Education Management, ONYX, Bloomin' Brands, Francesca's Holdings)
September 05 2012 2:01 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Wendy's Company, Santarus Inc, Sarepta Therapeutics Inc, Glu Mobile Inc and Facebook.
- Betty White Petitioned To Appear In Charlotte For 2012 DNC; Kal Penn Hosting
September 04 2012 2:39 PM
Elderly actress Betty White has been requested via petition to show support for President Obama at the upcoming 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.. Already confirmed for the DNC is Kal Penn, who will be hosting the political event.
- Facebook Shares Keep Falling, Set New Record Lows
September 04 2012 11:31 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, went into a freefall Tuesday, plunging about 2.5 percent to keep setting new lows. After falling as low as $17.58 in late morning, they recovered slightly to $17.63, down 43 cents, after the first two hours of trading.
- 'Angry Birds' Sequel 'Bad Piggies' Gets A Release Date
September 04 2012 10:54 AM
After slaughtering countless green piggies in the quest to secure the stolen eggs, the birds of Rovio’s smash hit (no pun intended) “Angry Birds” will be taking a back seat to the pigs this time around with the game’s sequel.
- Made In America Festival: Jay-Z Turns A Crowd-Puller As He Does A Rocky
September 02 2012 6:55 AM
The two-day Made In America Festival got off to a rocking start at the Philadelphia Museum of Art as Jay Z entered the stage bouncing up and down, mimicking artist Rocky Balboa, with whom he shares a rag to riches story.