- Shaun White was arrested on Sunday, on charges of vandalism and public intoxication, but according to new reports, he could have avoided spending the night in jail if he had only cooperated with police.
- National Cheeseburger Day is Tuesday, Sept. 18. Burger joints across the nation are celebrating this momentous occasion with a variety of deals, while others are honoring the day by using your cheeseburger purchase to benefit charity.
- Actor John Ingle, a mainstay on "General Hospital" for nearly two decades, died this week after losing his battle with cancer. He was 84.
- During the unveiling of iPhone 5 in San Francisco last week, Apple announced that the latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 6, would be made available for all the supported devices, including iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2 Sept. 19.
- At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will be released as a free update to iOS users two days prior to the launch of the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release this Friday, Sept. 21. There are more than 200 new features coming to iOS 6. Here, we do our best to outline all of the biggest features right here for you. A...
- GREE (TYO:3632), Japan's $4.7 billion online media giant and regional rival to U.S.-based internet companies like Facebook Inc. (Nasdaq: FB) and Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) stepped further into America soil on Monday with another developer acquisition, this time of California-based mobile game developer App Ant Studios.
- Proud panda mother Mei Xiang has shown similar signs of pregnancy five times since 2007, all of which turned out to be false alarms. But on Sunday night, she delivered.
- On Sunday night, just a day before the one year anniversary of the Occupy Wall Street movement, protesters returned to Zuccotti Park, formerly the central camp ground of the protest, to kick off celebrations. The festivities also coincided with another event; Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.
- A Viola, Ark., schoolboy was denied his homemade peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich at lunch because of a ban on peanut products, sparking an outcry on Facebook over lunchtime rights and the ever-growing list of child-safety-oriented rules that leave some parents hungry for common sense.
- Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, had a good week: its shares vaulted 15 percent after CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared at a forum in San Francisco where he acknowledged mistakes. Now, with Instagram tucked in and commitments for search and mobile, is it a time for another look at half price?
- Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
- Occupy Wall Street are planning to return in force to New York City's Financial District, hoping to recapture momentum.
- As traditional video games companies like Electronic Arts and Activision Vision struggle to find their way in the free-to-play Internet-based gaming environment, "freemium" companies like Zynga and Kixeye continue to seek the new Holy Grail: monetizing online games.
- Real Madrid have won the last seven meetings in all competitions against Sevilla.
- Few would say we're living in a time when people have much respect for each other. The Internet that was supposed to have ushered in an "information superhighway" has morphed into a snarky battleground and the presidential race reeks of angry versus angrier instead of being suffused by what voters need. Now, though, we're arguing about banning PB&J sandwiches and the Kate Middleton topless-photo scandal.
- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose was overcome with emotion during the unveiling of his new Adidas shoe, the D Rose 3, with the NBA superstar on the verge of tears multiple times at the Chicago event.
Cassandra Bankson, Makeup Tip Sensation, Makes Appearance On Runway At New York Fashion Week [PHOTO]Cassandra Bankson, an acne ridden teen who made headlines when she made a viral YouTube video on how to cover up acne-plagued skin, appeared on the runway at the recent New York fashion week.
- Paris Hilton was reported dead on Friday after allegedly dying in a violent car accident. Global Associated alleges that the 30-year-old heiress was killed instantly after losing control of the vehicle she was driving.
Pre-Market Movers (Agnico-Eagle, ICICI Bank, Alcatel, Nokia, ArcelorMittal, Facebook, United States Steel, Werner, Western Digital)Agnico-Eagle Mines, ICICI Bank, Alcatel Lucent SA, Nokia Corp, ArcelorMittal, Facebook Inc, United States Steel Corp, Werner Enterprises and Western Digital Corp. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Following its latest round of departures and continued erratic performance at the stock market, Zynga's future prospects have been looking increasingly bleak. Critics and industry analysts actually began counting the number of high-profile employees and executives left at the San Francisco-based social game developer, leading many to wonder how exactly the company hoped to recover from its current financial dilemma. On Thursday, the company finally offered up some details when it confirmed th...