- "Pretty Little Liars" will be returning this October for a very special Halloween episode, and judging by the looks of it, Halloween really may be the day of the dead.
- During Wednesday's special media event in San Francisco for the unveiling of iPhone 5, Apple also released a GM (Golden Master) seed of the OS on its developer portal. Here's how to jailbreak iOS 6 GM on A4 devices using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4.
- Facebook Inc. (FB), Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) and Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) face fresh patent suits from a University of California patent licensee, which sued some of the biggest U.S. companies previously, Reuters reported.
Apple iPhone 5: Specs, Features, Price, Keynote And Introductory Video - Everything You Need To KnowAs claimed by Apple, "the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever" finally saw the light of day Wednesday as the company announced its sixth generation iPhone, the "iPhone 5," in San Francisco. Here's what you need to know about the new iPhone, starting from features, specs, price, availability and more.
‘The X Factor’ Premiere: Emblem3 Wows All 4 Judges, Listen To Their Original Song 'Sunset Blvd' Here [AUDIO]"The X Factor" premiered its second season Wednesday evening, and one group of singers really stood out above the rest. L.A. Reid, Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were all in awe after one performance, and its definitely a group you'll want to keep an eye out for. So, who had the crowd standing up and dancing and all four judges saying 'yes?' Emblem3!
- Two white Atlanta police officers accused of racially profiling Africa-American film director Tyler Perry have been cleared of all charges after an extensive and lengthy internal investigation.
- At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will launch two days prior to the intended release date for the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release that Friday, Sept. 21. We anticipated Apple would announce the release date of iOS 6 at today's media event. Apple iOS 6 Release Date Comes Two Days Before iPhone 5 Launch On...
- In his first public appearance following his social media company's disastrous IPO in May, Mark Zuckerberg's address at Tuesday's TechCrunch Disrupt helped boost the shares price of Facebook's (Nasdaq: FB) close partner Zynga (Nasdaq: ZNGA), which has retained its prominence on the social network's app marketplace despite continuing financial woes and a seemingly endless round of executive departures. Zynga reached a recent stock high in mid-morning morning trading on Wednesday, f...
- As expected, Apple looks like it's finally ready to release the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion at today's scheduled media event in San Francisco, which will reportedly see the debut of several iOS devices including the next-generation iPhone, a new line-up of iPods, and an all-new "iPad Mini." The company seeded the final version of the newest Mountain Lion update to developers on Tuesday evening.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, vaulted 6 percent in pre-market Wednesday trading following CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s acknowledgement of “disappointing” performance since the highly touted May 17 initial public offering.
- Just a few more hours and Apple will finally take the wraps off its sixth generation iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," at a press event in San Francisco Wednesday, Sept. 12. Here are some links to the websites where you can get the complete coverage of the Apple media event.
Pre-Market Movers (Alcatel, Nokia, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Cognizant, Morgan Stanley, Apple, Banco Santander)Alcatel Lucent SA, Nokia Corp, Sohu.com, Facebook, Barclays, Banco Santander, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp, Morgan Stanley and Apple Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Wednesday.
- Facebook scrip (FB) seemed to rise against the tide as it posted a gain of 3.30 percent or 62 cents to end at $19.43 Sept.11, after its shares recorded a fall of over 2 percent in early Sept.10 trade before recovering to close $18.79, down 19 cents or 1 percent. The revival despite Co-founder Dustin Moskovitz selling shares stemmed from CEO Mark Zuckerberg's assurance to revive Facebook growth story and align services toward mobile and search functions.
Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Accuray, Digital Generation, Santarus, Facebook, Applied Micro Circuits, Globecomm, Xyratex, Education Management, STEC, Lattice)The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Accuray Inc, Digital Generation Inc, Santarus, Facebook Inc and Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Globecomm Systems, Xyratex Ltd, Education Management Corporation, STEC Inc and Lattice Semiconductor Corporation.
- The social-networking giant Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) temporarily banned a page from the New Yorker magazine over a cartoon depicting a shirtless Adam and Eve. The vagueness of Facebook's community standards has provoked the ire of artists and photographers whose artwork and photographs have been yanked from the site.
- The photo-based social network Instagram saw its 100 millionth user join the site on Tuesday, according to Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook, which purchased Instagram for $1 billion in April.
- Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.
- We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- Nora Vanatta adopted a 77-pound Dachshund named Obie. She is trying to get the pup's weight down by up to 40 lbs.