Articles by Facebook
- Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Accuray, Digital Generation, Santarus, Facebook, Applied Micro Circuits, Globecomm, Xyratex, Education Management, STEC, Lattice)
September 12 2012 2:13 AM
The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Accuray Inc, Digital Generation Inc, Santarus, Facebook Inc and Applied Micro Circuits Corporation. The top after-market Nasdaq losers were Globecomm Systems, Xyratex Ltd, Education Management Corporation, STEC Inc and Lattice Semiconductor Corporation.
- The New Yorker Banned From Facebook Over Nipple Cartoon
September 11 2012 6:14 PM
The social-networking giant Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) temporarily banned a page from the New Yorker magazine over a cartoon depicting a shirtless Adam and Eve. The vagueness of Facebook's community standards has provoked the ire of artists and photographers whose artwork and photographs have been yanked from the site.
- Instagram 'Killing It' With 100 Million Users, Mark Zuckerberg Announces
September 11 2012 6:04 PM
The photo-based social network Instagram saw its 100 millionth user join the site on Tuesday, according to Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook, which purchased Instagram for $1 billion in April.
- Apple iOS 6 Release Date May Be Revealed Tomorrow: 6 Features To Look Forward To
September 11 2012 4:25 PM
Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.
- Apple iPhone 5 Features We’re Putting Our Money On As Release Date Nears
September 11 2012 3:51 PM
We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- Obie, 77-lbs Dachshund, Tries To Lose Weight With The Help Of Nora Vanatta [PHOTOS]
September 11 2012 3:01 PM
Nora Vanatta adopted a 77-pound Dachshund named Obie. She is trying to get the pup's weight down by up to 40 lbs.
- Kindle Fire HD Will Offer Opt-Out For Ads: Is Amazon Moving Towards A Freemium Model For Its Hardware?
September 11 2012 11:34 AM
Amazon.com Inc. is reversing its decision announced just last week with the unveiling of its new HD line of Kindle Fires to supplement the devices' low cost with ad-based support. In a statement emailed to the press, Amazon said that it will now give customers the option to opt out of advertisements for a premium price of $15. The decision reflects a growing need to slash hardware prices and monetize users in other, more creative ways in what is becoming a fiercely competitive tablet marketpl...
- New York Fashion Week Spring 2013 Trend Round-Up
September 11 2012 9:35 AM
While you are starting to dig out your shearling for the upcoming cold weather, the fashion crowd is already planning their spring wardrobes based on the range of looks that have been showcased during New York Fashion Week. To help sort through the barrage of images flooding your feeds, we broke out the most important trends to give you a head start.
- No Internet-Fueled Arab Spring For China's 538 Million Web Users
September 11 2012 6:16 AM
China has more Internet users than any other country in the world has inhabitants. Is that mass of people going to push for greater freedom? Not with government controls as stringent as they are now.
- Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler Collapses During WWE RAW; Girlfriend Updates Health Status, Says He Suffered Heart Attack [VIDEO]
September 11 2012 3:38 AM
Longtime wrestler and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler was taken to a Montreal hospital after he collapsed at ringside while commenting during a live RAW telecast Monday evening.
- Morgan Freeman Death Hoax Dismissed Since Actor Is ‘Alive And Well’
September 10 2012 8:17 PM
The Internet's wave of celebrity death hoaxes rolls on, with Morgan Freeman, a frequent target, again attacked by the grave trend.
- Zynga Loses Marketing Chief, CTO In Latest Round Of Departures
September 10 2012 7:08 PM
Zynga., creator of popular social and mobile games like "FarmVille" and "Words with Friends," is losing its chief marketing and revenue officer, Jeff Karp, the second executive departure in as many days.
- China's Next Act
September 10 2012 6:43 PM
After Mario Draghi announced the European Central Bank's new bond buying program, I was the first guest on CNBC Asia's Squawk Box to weigh in on this decision. I reiterated my stance that the endgame for Europe would be to print money, which will eventually lead to currency wars. These actions are positive for gold and also for increased economic activity.
- Sheryl Crow Blames Cell Phone For Her Brain Tumor
September 10 2012 5:58 PM
The jury is still out on whether cell phones cause tumors, but singer Sheryl Crow squared the blame on the devices for her benign growth during an appearance Monday on "Katie."
- Cut Sports, Cut Quality Of Life
September 10 2012 3:59 PM
For all of us who grew up with ample access to sports and the arts, it's difficult to see how our school systems have evolved, practically eliminating the character-building program of sports participation.
- Manchester United Transfer News: Ronaldo, Sneijder, Fellaini and Nani Involved in Latest Speculation
September 10 2012 1:06 PM
Some big names are linked to Manchester United in the latest round of transfer speculation.
- Facebook Shares Fall Again As Co-Founder Moskovitz Sells More
September 10 2012 11:08 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell more than 2 percent in early Monday trading after co-founder Dustin Moskovitz disclosed he’s dumped more shares, a week after the Menlo Park, Calif., company tried to erect a firewall by announcing buybacks and other measures. The latest sales came after Moskovitz dumped about a million shares in August.
- The End Of Pop Culture: What Eastwooding Tells Us About The Future Of Media
September 09 2012 11:58 AM
From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
- Alfonso Ribeiro Dead? False Rumors Say The Actor Best Known For Playing Carlton Banks On 'Fresh Prince' Died
September 08 2012 6:04 PM
Alfonso Ribeiro is not dead, as the actor best known for playing Carlton Banks on the hit television show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" reassured his fans via Twitter Saturday. Ribeiro is just the latest actor said to be dead in what is beginning to seem like an unending number of celebrity death hoaxes that gain traction online through social media.
- Morgan Freeman Narrating ’50 Shades Of Grey'? No, The Actor Is A Victim Of Another Rumor, Post-Death Hoax
September 07 2012 9:37 PM
The rumor mill has been working overtime with respect to Morgan Freeman. The actor was recently involved in a Facebook and Twitter death hoax, and now people are saying he will be narrating the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.