Articles by Facebook
- Nintendo Explains Their Wii U 'Miiverse' Social Networking Concept
August 23 2012 11:08 AM
According to a lengthy Kotaku article, Nintendo has begun openly discussing its direction with the Miiverse.
- 'Once Upon A Time" Season 2 Spoilers: New Posters, Plus A Fallen Characer May Return [PHOTOS]
August 23 2012 11:07 AM
A little over a month remains before the fairytales return to life on Sept. 30 in ABC's "Once Upon A Time." You don't have to wait until Storybrooke reopens its doors to find out what's in store for your favorite characters though. We've got some scoop on the upcoming second season.
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 2 Spoilers: ‘Asylum’ Releases 2 More Teasers, ‘White Rose’ And ‘Ascend’ [VIDEOS]
August 23 2012 10:04 AM
"American Horror Story" has released two more trailers for its upcoming second season, "Asylum." The latest two videos in the FX viral buzz campaign are labeled "White Rose" and "Ascend," and they definitely deliver the creep factor.
- Kristine Bunch, Indiana Arson Offender, Released 16 Years After Fire Kills 3-Year-Old Son [PHOTO]
August 23 2012 9:48 AM
After a 16-year prison stint for the 1995 arson murder that killed her 3-year-old son, Kristine Bunch was granted $5,000 cash bail at the suggestion of prosecutors.
- India May Shut Down Twitter In Wake Of Hate Messages Aimed At Migrant Workers
August 23 2012 9:46 AM
Given India’s long and bloody history of communal and sectarian violence, such warnings were not taken lightly.
- Facebook Wins FTC OK For Instagram Purchase
August 23 2012 9:28 AM
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has approved the acquisition of private Instagram of San Francisco by Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, the companies said. Originally priced at $1 billion, the value of the deal has shrunk to only about $750 million because of the slide in Facebook shares.
- US Confidence Falls
August 23 2012 7:39 AM
More Than 70% of Consumers Think the Economy Is in "Bad" or "Terrible" Shape and Nearly 1 in 4 Feel It Will Be Difficult to Purchase Things They Need Over the Next Several Months. Only 3% think the economy is in "good shape," as reported by a survey conducted by RetailMeNot and Ipsos Public Affairs
- Facebook IPO: ‘Social Media’ Becomes Anti-Social For Investors
August 22 2012 3:14 PM
The good news for investors in Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, is that the shares didn’t set a new, post-initial public offering low on Wednesday. But they have come close, trading as low as $18.96 before recovering to $19.40, up 24 cents in late trading.
- Black Isle, The Company Behind 'Planescape: Torment' And The Original 'Fallout' Making A Comeback
August 22 2012 2:54 PM
Black Isle, the company behind such games as the original post-apocalyptic RPG “Fallout” and “Planescape: Torment” has apparently been revived by Interplay, according to Kotaku.
- 'Best Butt' Discount Applied At Twisted Root Burger, See The Receipt [PHOTO]
August 22 2012 11:35 AM
A Twisted Root Burger cashier gave a one cent "Best Butt" discount to a female customer and slashed another penny off the $14.02 bill for being the "Best Looking" customer of the Texas chain restaurant.
- Apple iPhone '5' To Feature First 4G LTE Network In The U.K., But Do U.S. Users Care?
August 22 2012 10:11 AM
Apple’s iPhone 5 release is said to be the biggest handset launch in history—and for mobile subscribers in the U.K. the smartphone may represent a crucial first. If rumors hold up to be true, the iPhone 5 will support the first 4G LTE network in the U.K.
- ‘Teen Mom’ Maci Bookout On Ustream: Where Is The Reality Star Answering Questions Live? [PHOTOS]
August 21 2012 6:16 PM
Maci Bookout, 21, is arguably the fan's favorite mother from "Teen Mom" and on Tuesday night she is going to be hosting the newest episode of "Teen Mom" while it airs on MTV at 10:00 p.m. and shows her custody battles with ex boyfriend Ryan Edwards.
- Wii U Release Date And Price May Be Announced in September
August 21 2012 2:28 PM
According to Kotaku, Nintendo will be holding a press conference on September 13, 2012 in New York. Kotaku reports that in a press invitation sent to various outlets, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime will be on-hand to discuss "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment."
- Instacube: Hey Instagram, Your Hardware Solution Just Launched On Kickstarter [VIDEO]
August 21 2012 9:24 AM
The Instacube, which launched on Kickstarter Tuesday morning, is the solution for Instagram users that want enjoy their photos in more casual way. Now, anyone can passively view their Instagram feeds in their living rooms, on their work desks, or on their nightstands. They're party centerpieces, and a great way to immediately display photos being taken at that very party. It's the only way to share photos with a crowd of people; its viewfinder is far superior to that of an iPhone.
- Defriended: Early Facebook Backer In $400m Share Sell-Off
August 21 2012 8:14 AM
News of the Paypal co-founder's exit comes a day after several of Groupon Inc's [NASDAQ: GRPN] largest early investors sold their stock in the troubled online voucher site.
- ?American Horror Story? Season 2 Spoilers: Third Teaser ?Hydrobath? Premieres, Watch The Promo Trailer Here [VIDEO]
August 21 2012 7:45 AM
"American Horror Story" is continuing its viral video campaign for season two. Having already released two trailers for the highly anticipated return of the FX series, their Facebook page posted another promo video called "Hydrobath."
- Silicon Valley Is Dying - Yammer CEO
August 21 2012 7:20 AM
David Sacks took to Facebook over the weekend to air his grievances about the state of the revered San Franciso Bay Area long assumed to be the centerpiece for innovation within the tech industry, giving a gloomy prediction of the tech industry's future shortly after selling his own company to Microsoft.
- Apple's Market Value Beats Microsoft Record During 1999 Bubble
August 21 2012 12:25 AM
Apple Inc's market value climbed past $623 billion on Monday, surpassing the record set by Microsoft Corp during the heyday of technology stocks in 1999.
- Love Trade Cools as Central Banks' Gold Demand Heats Up
August 20 2012 5:22 PM
The two largest gold buyers in the world that largely drive the Love Trade, China and India, underwhelmed the metals market with their subdued demand for the yellow metal during the second quarter of this year.
- Technology?s Cash Piles: Top U.S. Leaders Stash Nears $400B
August 20 2012 4:03 PM
Don?t say technology companies aren?t enormously profitable. An IBTimes review of the cash and investment holdings of 11 of the top technology leaders shows they are sitting atop nearly $375 billion in cash and investments ? or about 24 percent more since the last survey nine months ago.