Top After-Market Nasdaq Movers (Wendy's, Santarus, Sarepta, Glu, Facebook, FEI, Education Management, ONYX, Bloomin' Brands, Francesca's Holdings)The top after-market Nasdaq gainers Tuesday were Wendy's Company, Santarus Inc, Sarepta Therapeutics Inc, Glu Mobile Inc and Facebook.
- Elderly actress Betty White has been requested via petition to show support for President Obama at the upcoming 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C.. Already confirmed for the DNC is Kal Penn, who will be hosting the political event.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, went into a freefall Tuesday, plunging about 2.5 percent to keep setting new lows. After falling as low as $17.58 in late morning, they recovered slightly to $17.63, down 43 cents, after the first two hours of trading.
- After slaughtering countless green piggies in the quest to secure the stolen eggs, the birds of Rovio’s smash hit (no pun intended) “Angry Birds” will be taking a back seat to the pigs this time around with the game’s sequel.
- The two-day Made In America Festival got off to a rocking start at the Philadelphia Museum of Art as Jay Z entered the stage bouncing up and down, mimicking artist Rocky Balboa, with whom he shares a rag to riches story.
Miss World 2012: How Miss China, Host City Ordos Court Controversy With Fame; Top 4 Miss World ControversiesEver since Miss China Wenxia Yu was crowned Miss World Aug.18, she has come under flak for jury favoritism. Even the host city Ordos is not spared as reports of economic woes and subtle attempts to refurbish its image surface amid its ongoing attempts to win international recognition.
- Shortly after Demonoid was removed from the Internet, the popular site uTorrent announced it would begin to sell advertisements on its service, signaling to the Motion Picture Association of America and Recording Industry Association of America that the battle against online piracy will only get tougher.
- By now everyone has heard about Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood's faux Q&A session with an empty chair at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., on Thursday night. Taking the exchange at face value, here are five reasons why the furniture debate proved ineffective.
- On Thursday, it was reported that "Australia's Next Top Model" judge Charlotte Dawson tried to end her life after she was subjected to harassment by a ruthless cyber bully.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, set another new record eight days after insiders were first allowed to sell out after the May 17 initial public offering.
- SAIC, Nokia Corp, UBS AG, SAP AG, First Solar, Deutsche Bank, Carnival Plc and Zynga Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
Apple iPhone 5 Rumored Longer Display Appears In ‘Leaked’ Photos, See How It Compares To The iPhone 4S [VIDEO, FEATURES]The rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is quickly approaching, and it seems as if new allegedly leaked photos and speculations are surfacing each day. In the past week there have been numerous reports including images of what is said to be the assembled front panel of the iPhone 5. In the latest news to circulate across the Internet, Apple Insider has spotted a video and set of images which compare the front body of the iPhone 5 with that of the iPhone 4.
- After initially criticizing Nasdaq OMX Group for its response to Facebook's botched initial public offering, trading firm Knight Capital Group Inc said it accepted the exchange's latest plan to pay back brokers a portion of their losses.
- Dustin Moskovitz, the Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) co-founder, sold 450,000 more shares this week to raise about $8.9 million, a week after he sold his first tranche of 450,000 shares when the lock-up period for insiders expired.
- For nearly the fifth time Bill Cosby has been killed in a Twitter and Facebook death hoax.
- Americans have no idea what cloud computing is, with many believing it relates to the weather, or even pillows, drugs and toilet paper, a new survey commissioned by enterprise software developer Citrix Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CTXS) found.
- The Los Angeles Police Department is searching for Hollywood film producer Brian Gerber, who has been missing for two days.
Will Windows 8’s Release Change The Tablet Industry? Meet Sony’s VAIO Duo, The Hybrid Device Perfect For Microsoft’s OSAs the Windows 8 release date draws near, Microsoft’s new operating system is beginning to make more sense. First comes the software made for PCs and tablets, and now comes the devices that fit that mold.
- Three weeks after Zynga launched its latest sim-style game "ChefVille" on Facebook -- the social media platform that Zynga itself blamed for most of its current financial woes -- the game developer is slowly crawling its way back to the top of the social gaming food chain, new data shows.