- While you are starting to dig out your shearling for the upcoming cold weather, the fashion crowd is already planning their spring wardrobes based on the range of looks that have been showcased during New York Fashion Week. To help sort through the barrage of images flooding your feeds, we broke out the most important trends to give you a head start.
- China has more Internet users than any other country in the world has inhabitants. Is that mass of people going to push for greater freedom? Not with government controls as stringent as they are now.
Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler Collapses During WWE RAW; Girlfriend Updates Health Status, Says He Suffered Heart Attack [VIDEO]Longtime wrestler and World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) announcer Jerry "The King" Lawler was taken to a Montreal hospital after he collapsed at ringside while commenting during a live RAW telecast Monday evening.
- The Internet's wave of celebrity death hoaxes rolls on, with Morgan Freeman, a frequent target, again attacked by the grave trend.
- Zynga., creator of popular social and mobile games like "FarmVille" and "Words with Friends," is losing its chief marketing and revenue officer, Jeff Karp, the second executive departure in as many days.
- After Mario Draghi announced the European Central Bank's new bond buying program, I was the first guest on CNBC Asia's Squawk Box to weigh in on this decision. I reiterated my stance that the endgame for Europe would be to print money, which will eventually lead to currency wars. These actions are positive for gold and also for increased economic activity.
Manchester United Transfer News: Ronaldo, Sneijder, Fellaini and Nani Involved in Latest SpeculationSome big names are linked to Manchester United in the latest round of transfer speculation.
- Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, fell more than 2 percent in early Monday trading after co-founder Dustin Moskovitz disclosed he’s dumped more shares, a week after the Menlo Park, Calif., company tried to erect a firewall by announcing buybacks and other measures. The latest sales came after Moskovitz dumped about a million shares in August.
- From Charlie Sheen's public unraveling to Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment, the most recognizable pop-culture trends in recent years have come from the real-life folly of the public sphere. That's a far shift, media experts say, from the days when a one-size-fits-all monoculture was produced on Hollywood sound stages and back lots.
Alfonso Ribeiro Dead? False Rumors Say The Actor Best Known For Playing Carlton Banks On 'Fresh Prince' DiedAlfonso Ribeiro is not dead, as the actor best known for playing Carlton Banks on the hit television show "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" reassured his fans via Twitter Saturday. Ribeiro is just the latest actor said to be dead in what is beginning to seem like an unending number of celebrity death hoaxes that gain traction online through social media.
Morgan Freeman Narrating ’50 Shades Of Grey'? No, The Actor Is A Victim Of Another Rumor, Post-Death HoaxThe rumor mill has been working overtime with respect to Morgan Freeman. The actor was recently involved in a Facebook and Twitter death hoax, and now people are saying he will be narrating the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie.
- As the rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 approaches, more details have begun to leak onto the web. The most recent bit of information allegedly leaks the price for Apple’s next smartphone alongside the device’s model number.
- Is John Cena Dead? The WWE superstar reportedly died according to a report on the internet, and has been the victim of a celebrity death hoax.
- Microsoft on Thursday evoked the famous Pepsi Challenge marketing campaign when it launched the "Bing It On" challenge, an online blind comparison test in which its Bing search engine goes head to head with Google
- The Indian government's response to a report on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh published Wednesday by the Washington Post has had the local media heatedly debating the validity of the article and India's sensitive reaction to foreign publications finding fault with its leaders.
Morgan Freeman Dead? No, He Joins Eddie Murphy, 50 Cent As The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Death HoaxMorgan Freeman is not dead, despite a report that originated on Facebook earlier this week. A Morgan Freeman impersonator, though, did read aloud from the book "50 Shades of Grey."
- Sportman's Elite, a local sporting goods retailer that sells firearms and hunting equipment in El Paso, Texas, will be giving away a handgun to one of its Facebook fans once the page reaches 300 "likes."
- Amazon unveiled its next-generation Kindle Fire at a press event on Sept. 6 in California alongside a fresh paper-white E-reader. Referred to as the Kindle Fire HD, the device boasts visual upgrades, a faster processor and longer lasting battery than its predecessor.