- Miss World 2012: How Miss China, Host City Ordos Court Controversy With Fame; Top 4 Miss World Controversies
September 02 2012 4:18 AM
Ever since Miss China Wenxia Yu was crowned Miss World Aug.18, she has come under flak for jury favoritism. Even the host city Ordos is not spared as reports of economic woes and subtle attempts to refurbish its image surface amid its ongoing attempts to win international recognition.
- UTorrent's Monetization Of File Sharing Proves Online Piracy Is Big Business, Even After Demonoid
August 31 2012 7:43 PM
Shortly after Demonoid was removed from the Internet, the popular site uTorrent announced it would begin to sell advertisements on its service, signaling to the Motion Picture Association of America and Recording Industry Association of America that the battle against online piracy will only get tougher.
- 5 Reasons Why Clint Eastwood Lost His Argument With Invisible Obama
August 31 2012 2:16 PM
By now everyone has heard about Hollywood legend Clint Eastwood's faux Q&A session with an empty chair at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., on Thursday night. Taking the exchange at face value, here are five reasons why the furniture debate proved ineffective.
- Charlotte Dawson Attempts Suicide, LeAnn Rimes Seeks Treatment As Cyberbullying Reaches Fever Pitch
August 31 2012 12:36 PM
On Thursday, it was reported that "Australia's Next Top Model" judge Charlotte Dawson tried to end her life after she was subjected to harassment by a ruthless cyber bully.
- Facebook Sets New Low After Insiders Jumped Ship On Lockup Expiration
August 31 2012 10:52 AM
Shares of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, set another new record eight days after insiders were first allowed to sell out after the May 17 initial public offering.
- Pre-Market Movers (SAIC, Nokia, UBS, SAP, First Solar, Deutsche Bank, Zynga, Carnival)
August 31 2012 6:46 AM
SAIC, Nokia Corp, UBS AG, SAP AG, First Solar, Deutsche Bank, Carnival Plc and Zynga Inc are among the companies whose shares are moving in pre-market trading Friday.
- Can Tweeting The Workday Away Save The Economy?
August 30 2012 1:04 PM
A new report released by the business consulting giant McKinsey Global Institute, showed that social-media tools stand to add $900 billion to $1.3 trillion to the economy, largely through increased productivity among skilled workers.
- Apple iPhone 5 Rumored Longer Display Appears In ‘Leaked’ Photos, See How It Compares To The iPhone 4S [VIDEO, FEATURES]
August 30 2012 12:51 PM
The rumored release date for Apple’s iPhone 5 is quickly approaching, and it seems as if new allegedly leaked photos and speculations are surfacing each day. In the past week there have been numerous reports including images of what is said to be the assembled front panel of the iPhone 5. In the latest news to circulate across the Internet, Apple Insider has spotted a video and set of images which compare the front body of the iPhone 5 with that of the iPhone 4.
- Knight Accepts Nasdaq's $62 Million Facebook Payback Plan
August 30 2012 12:40 PM
After initially criticizing Nasdaq OMX Group for its response to Facebook's botched initial public offering, trading firm Knight Capital Group Inc said it accepted the exchange's latest plan to pay back brokers a portion of their losses.
- Zuckerberg Pal Moskovitz Sells More Facebook Shares
August 30 2012 11:25 AM
Dustin Moskovitz, the Facebook (Nasdaq: FB) co-founder, sold 450,000 more shares this week to raise about $8.9 million, a week after he sold his first tranche of 450,000 shares when the lock-up period for insiders expired.
- Bill Cosby Death Hoax Forces Comedian To Respond To Twitter Rumor
August 30 2012 9:38 AM
For nearly the fifth time Bill Cosby has been killed in a Twitter and Facebook death hoax.
- Cloud Computing? Relates To Weather, Citrix Survey Finds
August 30 2012 9:16 AM
Americans have no idea what cloud computing is, with many believing it relates to the weather, or even pillows, drugs and toilet paper, a new survey commissioned by enterprise software developer Citrix Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CTXS) found.
- Producer Brian Gerber Missing, Suicide Note Found
August 29 2012 4:13 PM
The Los Angeles Police Department is searching for Hollywood film producer Brian Gerber, who has been missing for two days.
- Will Windows 8’s Release Change The Tablet Industry? Meet Sony’s VAIO Duo, The Hybrid Device Perfect For Microsoft’s OS
August 29 2012 2:58 PM
As the Windows 8 release date draws near, Microsoft’s new operating system is beginning to make more sense. First comes the software made for PCs and tablets, and now comes the devices that fit that mold.
- Zynga Regains Facebook Prominence Amid Continuing Departures
August 29 2012 2:06 PM
Three weeks after Zynga launched its latest sim-style game "ChefVille" on Facebook -- the social media platform that Zynga itself blamed for most of its current financial woes -- the game developer is slowly crawling its way back to the top of the social gaming food chain, new data shows.
- Atlanta Pastor Craig Lamar Davis Accused Of Spreading HIV, Having Affairs [PHOTO]
August 29 2012 1:01 PM
Married Atlanta pastor Craig Lamar Davis is facing allegations of having affairs with two women and not telling them that he has HIV.
- Yelp Shares Soar 25% As Lockup Expires Contra Facebook’s Huge Decline
August 29 2012 12:41 PM
Shares of Yelp Inc. (Nasdaq: YELP), the provider of online reviews of local businesses and restaurants, surged more than 25 percent Wednesday as the lock-up period for insiders expired, allowing them to sell stock in the San Francisco-based company for the first time since its march 1 initial public offering.
- 'American Horror Story' Season 2 Spoilers: The Doctors Are Up To No Good In 9th Teaser For 'Asylum' [VIDEO]
August 29 2012 8:48 AM
Another day...another "American Horror Story" teaser video. The FX series, premiering its new season on Oct. 17 gave fans another "Taste" of the chilling horrors to come in season two, "Asylum."
- 'Teen Mom' Season 4 Finale On Ustream: Where To Watch Catelynn Answers Questions Live
August 28 2012 4:16 PM
The series finale of "Teen Mom" is premiering on MTV tonight at 10/9c and the country will have to say goodbye to their favorite young mothers in a 90 minute episode.
- Prince Harry Naked Photos Scandal Sparks Facebook Nude Salute Group, ‘Salute4Harry’
August 28 2012 11:09 AM
Prince Harry's naked photos scandal during his trip to Las Vegas sparked not only outrage from the palace and a pouring of fan obsession, but not an entire Facebook group, Salute4Harry, dedicated for users to upload nude photos in a salute to the royal.