- European Markets Gain After Merkel’s Comments On ECB
August 17 2012 3:50 AM
European markets rose Friday as investor sentiment turned positive amid hopes that German Chancellor Angela Merkel would step up measures to alleviate the debt burden faced by the euro zone and revive the economic growth momentum.
- Ecuador Calls Regional Summit To Counter British Threats To Embassy Over Assange
August 16 2012 8:40 PM
Ecuador said Thursday night the Union of South American Nations has called an emergency meeting to discuss British threats to seize WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange from inside its embassy in London.
- Gabby Douglas' Hair: Olympian Hires Celebrity Stylist After Twitter Criticizes Her Do
August 16 2012 5:14 PM
Even though Gaby Douglas won the all-around gold medal for gymnastics she was more criticized for her messy hair than celebrated for her achievement, now she's reportedly asked for Ted Gibson's help.
- 'Gold Digging' Nike Olympics Shirt: Offensive Or Much Ado About Nothing?
August 16 2012 4:18 PM
A Nike Olympics shirt bearing the words "Gold Digging" and the signature Swoosh logo has caused quite the stir as some observers claim the words have a sexist connotation. But is it really an offensive piece of clothing, or just a fun play on words? You decide.
- Julian Assange, And 5 Other Top Cases Of People Trapped Inside Embassies
August 16 2012 3:36 PM
The founder of WikiLeaks may be calling the Ecuadorian Embassy his new home for a while. He has several historical predecessors who stayed long-term in diplomatic quarters
- Chelsea Transfer Rumours: Cavani, Hulk, Moses and Azpilicueta Involved in Latest Speculation
August 16 2012 3:26 PM
Chelsea are still in the market for four big-name signings this summer as their spending looks set to eclipse £100 million.
- Vanessa Bryant Denies Plastic Surgery Because Of Kobe, But Sporting A Dramatically Different Face [PHOTOS]
August 16 2012 2:39 PM
A rep for Vanessa Bryant denied the wife of Kobe underwent plastic surgery recently, but there is still much speculation as the now brunette bombshell has been seen in recent photos sporting a dramatically different face. Rumors began when a source told the National Enquirer that 30-year-old Bryant was feeling "insecure" about her looks because of her husband and wanted to "do anything to keep Kobe happy."
- Julian Assange To Give Live Statement From Ecuadorian Embassy Sunday
August 16 2012 2:27 PM
Wikileaks founder Julian Assange will give a live statement from “in front of the Ecuadorian embassy” at 2 p.m. on Sunday, the Web site announced via Twitter. The announcement caused a bit of confusion as to whether Assange can actually step out into public without getting arrested. There has yet to be any clarification.
- Platinum Prices Jump As South African Police Kill Striking Miners
August 16 2012 2:13 PM
Platinum prices surged after South African authorities Thursday killed an undetermined number of miners protesting at a massive platinum northwest of Johannesburg.
- China Visa Plan Raises 'National Security' Concerns In UK
August 16 2012 1:23 PM
The British Home Secretary has warned that a new proposal from the culture secretary to increase Chinese tourism to the U.K. by making it easier to obtain visas poses a national security threat.
- China Goes For The Gold As Huge Investment In African Miner Seen Likely
August 16 2012 11:42 AM
China may have lost out in its mad dash to get the most gold at the London Olympics this summer, but the country is seemingly still running the race for gold where it counts, as it is currently in the process of bidding for a major African gold miner.
- Arsenal Transfer Rumours: Hernandez or Llorente to Replace Van Persie? Song to Barcelona Latest
August 16 2012 10:32 AM
All the details of Robin van Persie's departure, as well as his possible replacement, plus news on the future of Alex Song.
- ICM Capital Relocates Headquarters
August 16 2012 9:57 AM
London, 8th August 2012 - ICM Capital a leading provider of online foreign exchange and commodity trading services is pleased to announce it has moved its headquarters to a new London based corporate office to accommodate the company's fast paced expansion.
- ICM Capital Reduce Spreads on Major Currency Pairs
August 16 2012 9:38 AM
London, 15 August 2012 - ICM Capital, a leading provider of online foreign exchange and commodity trading services is pleased to announce, they have reduced their minimum spreads on foreign exchange trading across a range of major currency pairs.
- Kristen Stewart Is Furious At The Media Over Her Affair With 'Snow White and the Huntsman' Director Rupert Sanders
August 16 2012 9:36 AM
Actress Kristen Stewart is reportedly furious that she is taking all the blame for the cheating scandal
- US Supersonic Plane Crashes Seconds Into Its Test Flight
August 16 2012 8:56 AM
The unmanned U.S. X-51A Waverider aircraft that was designed to fly six times the speed of sound broke apart 16 seconds into its test flight above the Pacific Ocean owing to faulty control fin, the U.S. Air Force said Wednesday.
- BREAKING: Julian Assange Granted Asylum in Ecuador
August 16 2012 8:38 AM
Assange, who has been holed up in the embassy since June 19, is fighting extradition to Sweden where he faces charges of sexually assaulting two former WikiLeaks volunteers.
- A-Level Results: London Olympics Diving Hero Tom Daley Gets Near-Perfect Grades - but Results Dip Overall
August 16 2012 7:40 AM
Number of top grades falls, even though general pass rate rises for 30th year in a row.
- LME copper off day highs as dollar strengthens
August 16 2012 5:27 AM
London copper came off the session's highs on Thursday after the dollar rose, although hopes for more economic stimulus in China and the United States, which would boost demand for industrial metals, kept a floor under prices. The dollar rose to a two-week high versus a basket of currencies .DXY, paring the appeal of dollar-denominated commodities, including copper.
Three-month copper on the London Metal Exchange was little changed at $7,392 a tonne by 0743 GMT, after having rise...
- Gold demand declined 7.1%
August 16 2012 5:08 AM
Gold demand declined 7.1% in Q-2, Jewelry use slowed, Central Banks buying. Gold demand fell 7.1% in Q-2 as investment slid and Asian jewelry purchases declined amid higher local prices and concern about economic growth, the World Gold Council said. Global demand dropped to 990 metric tons in the Quarter compared with 1,065.8 tons a year earlier, as investment fell 23% and jewelry fell 15%, the London-based industry group said Thursday in a report.