Articles by New York
- iPhone 5 Event Hyped On Twitter: Android Fans Get Nasty After Apple Announcement
September 12 2012 4:37 PM
Apple has finally unveiled the release date for its long awaited iPhone 5, confirming the rumors about its design, features and tech specs that have been circulating the Internet. Undoubtedly, Web surfers were buzzing with excitement, sharing their opinions through social media.
- Robert Pattinson And Kristen Stewart Back Together? Reconciliation Rumors Surface
September 12 2012 4:32 PM
Kristen Stewart may have been caught cheating on Robert Pattinson with her "Snow White and the Huntsman" director Rupert Sanders, but that doesn't mean it's over for good. According to reports, the "Breaking Dawn: Part 2" stars may be back together. Based on statements made by Stewart at the Toronto Film Festival and the fact that she continues to wear Pattinson's clothes, it's safe to say there's some merit to the speculation.
- iPhone 5 Intro: SumOfUs Renews ‘Slave Labor’ Charges Vs. Apple
September 12 2012 4:07 PM
Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, continues to abuse workers in China who assemble its iPhone 5 and other products, liberal watchdog group SumOfUs.org charged on Wednesday.
- MLB 2013 Schedule Released: Interleague Play All Year, Yankees and Red Sox Open Season against Each Other
September 12 2012 3:34 PM
The tentative 2013 MLB schedule has been released. Here is the entire master schedule, including the Yankees and Red Sox first games.
- DALLAS COWBOYS NEWS: Cowboys Sign Cornerback LeQuan Lewis, Jason Witten Has Bigger Role in Week 2?
September 12 2012 2:45 PM
The Cowboys made roster adjustments before their Week 2 game against the Seattle Seahawks.
- Apple iOS 6 Release Date Comes Two Days Before iPhone 5 Launch On Wednesday, Sept. 19
September 12 2012 2:09 PM
At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will launch two days prior to the intended release date for the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release that Friday, Sept. 21. We anticipated Apple would announce the release date of iOS 6 at today's media event. Apple iOS 6 Release Date Comes Two Days Before iPhone 5 Launch On...
- Apple iPhone 5 Release Date: US Launch Set For Friday, Sept. 21
September 12 2012 2:00 PM
At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company unveiled its highly anticipated next-generation smartphone, the iPhone 5. The unveiling finally put to rest several rumors of the device, including its outside appearance and inside features, but we can now also finally report the official release date for the phone. As predicted, Apple plans to release the new iPhone 5 in the U.S. on Friday, Sept. 21.
- Washington Bends Logic Into Mobius Strip To Show Profit On AIG Bailout
September 12 2012 1:40 PM
The U.S. government went into a full-throated propaganda offensive Tuesday in an effort to show that the highly controversial 2008 bailouts of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) were profitable.
- Dutch Parliamentary Elections: Will Far-Right Freedom Party Defy Polls Again?
September 12 2012 12:09 PM
Far-right Dutch politician and leader of the ultra-conservative Freedom Party (PVV) Geert Wilders formerly established his party in parliament on a platform of Islamophobic anti-immigration, and now seeks to turn nationalist sentiment against the eurozone amid frustrations with debt-laden countries like Greece, Italy and Spain. Poll indicate his party will lose seats this election, but it has defied expectations in the past.
- I Had One Bad Day: One Man's Memories Of The World Trade Center Towers Coming Down On Top Of Him
September 12 2012 12:02 PM
William Wright, now 46, recalls the day eleven years ago when the World Trade Center collapsed on top of him and five of his co-workers.
- Jenny Packham Inspired By Sin City For Glitzy Spring 2013 Collection At Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
September 12 2012 11:29 AM
The same day Kate Middleton donned one of her dresses on the first day of her Diamond Jubilee tour, designer Jenny Packham debuted her Spring 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week which she said was based on the women of yesteryear's SIn City.
- Attention Business Travelers: These US Cities Tax You The Most
September 12 2012 11:20 AM
The Global Business Travel Association, or GBTA, has released its 2012 report on the best and worst travel taxes in the top 50 U.S. destinations.
- Celebrities Front Row at New York Fashion Week, Day Six [PHOTOS]
September 12 2012 10:59 AM
IBTimes documents the A-list celebrities who have sat front row at New York Fashion Week on day six.
- New York Fashion Week: Tory Burch’s American Preppy Meets Boho Magpie For Spring 2013 [PHOTOS]
September 12 2012 10:45 AM
Tory Burch unveiled her eponymous collection for Spring 2013 on Tuesday at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York evoking her signature preppy girl vibe with a bohemian twist.
- BARCELONA NEWS: Pep Guardiola Meets Sir Alex Ferguson, Discuss Manchester United?
September 12 2012 10:39 AM
Manchester United has denied coach Sir Alex Ferguson discussed leaving the Red Devils with Pep Guardiola.
- Marc Jacobs’ Nod To Mod For Spring 2013 At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS, VIDEO]
September 12 2012 10:36 AM
The Marc Jacobs show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York was a madcap scene evoking the feeling of Andy Warhol's Factory in the 1960's with a swingin' mod Spring 2013 collection.
- Villepin, Not Again! Scam Allegations Won't Disappear For Former French Presidential Hopeful
September 12 2012 6:13 AM
Former French Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin can't catch a break. Magistrates called him in for questioning on Tuesday regarding his alleged links to allegedly corrupt businessman Regis Bulot.
- Fed Meeting Preview: QE3 Has Arrived
September 12 2012 6:12 AM
Markets have been talking about QE3 for two years. Now, after a sovereign credit downgrade, the near collapse of the European financial system, and facing an anemic recovery that has only marginally helped heal the carnage in the labor and housing markets, the vast majority of financial pundits believe QE3 this week is "pretty much a given."
- US Missile Defense Strategy Is Flawed: Panel
September 12 2012 4:16 AM
A congressionally mandated report to assess the feasibility, practicality and affordability of the U.S. missile defense and its efficiency in countering nuclear or conventional missile attacks from Iran or North Korea has found that the nation's defense strategy suffers from major flaws.
- OPEC Oil Output Climbs to 31.54 Million Barrels per Day
September 12 2012 3:54 AM
Crude oil output from the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) climbed by 90,000 barrels per day (b/d) in August to 31.54 million b/d as increases from Angola, Iraq, Nigeria and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) outstripped decreases from Algeria and Iran, a Platts survey of OPEC and oil industry officials and analysts showed Tuesday. This follows July production of 31.45 million b/d and leaves OPEC overproducing its 30 million b/d ceiling by 1.54 million b/d.