- The government of India, the world's 10th largest economy by gross domestic product, passed wide-ranging laws on Friday expanding foreign investment in the retail, broadcasting and airline sectors, opening its doors to companies like Wal-Mart Stores Inc. (NYSE: WMT) amid slowing growth.
- Will Hakeem Nicks be available on Sunday? The New York Giants are set to face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 2 of the 2012 NFL Season.
- Fashion's most hailed sister act, Kate and Laura Mulleavy of Rodarte, unveiled their Spring 2013 collection at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on Tuesday which was inspired by roly-playing games (RPG) resulting in warrior princess meets urban rocker glam.
- Paris Hilton was reported dead on Friday after allegedly dying in a violent car accident. Global Associated alleges that the 30-year-old heiress was killed instantly after losing control of the vehicle she was driving.
- President Barack Obama has opened a slim lead over Mitt Romney in three battleground states, according to a new series of NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll.
- The Communist Party of Vietnam has vowed to target any blogs and websites that are "anti-party" or "anti-state," but government critics have responded with defiance.
- In a move aimed at curbing obesity, New York City has banned the sale of sugary drinks and supersized sodas in establishments that come with food-service license.
Apple iPhone 5: Ready To Pre-Order? Don't Be Surprised If Verizon, Sprint Don't Support Simultaneous Voice And DataApple has confirmed that it will start taking online pre-orders of the new iPhone 5 at exactly 12:01 a.m. PT (3:01 a.m. ET) Sept. 14. When it comes to carriers, Sprint and AT&T customers can pre-order the handset at the same time while Verizon will reportedly open its online shop a minute earlier at 12 a.m. PT.
Kris Jenner ‘Furious’ 'Today' Aired Interview On 9/11 Instead Of Moment Of Silence; ‘Kardashian’ Star Takes No Blame [VIDEO]The nation was outraged when NBC's "Today" show chose to air a live interview with Kardashian clan matriarch Kris Jenner Tuesday morning as other networks observed a moment of silence in memory of 9/11. Now the reality star is absolving herself of all blame and is reportedly "furious" at NBC.
- A family in Guatemala was scraping the walls in their home to prepare for a renovation when they found Mayan murals that were painted onto the walls hundreds of years ago. The pictures underneath the plaster in the family’s kitchen hadn’t been seen in centuries, according to National Geographic.
- IBTimes documented all of the celebrities who attended Spring 2013 New York Fashion Week.
- Joaquin Phoenix is set to make a career comeback in Paul Thomas Anderson's controversial new film "The Master." The film is believed to be based the rise of Scientology.
- The news that Jerry "The King" Lawler collapsed from a heart attack Monday night scared not only his close friends and family, but the fans that have supported the former wrestler and current WWE commentator throughout his career. To those outside the world of wrestling, Lawler might be best remembered for his friendship with comedian and Hollywood enigma Andy Kaufman in the 1980s, when the two had a very public - and very fake - feud.
DALLAS COWBOYS NEWS: Jason Witten Feels Stronger, Ryan Cook to Start at Center, Cowboys Sell ‘Jerry Wipes’, Thursday’s PracticeSeveral players were held out of Thursday's practice.
Betsey Johnson Throws Herself 70th Birthday Bash In Spite Of Bankruptcy; Runway Fashions From The Party [PHOTOS]Betsey Johnson is known for her outlandish style, so it wasn't too much of a surprise when she threw herself a wild 70th birthday bash on Tuesday night in New York City, the Associated Press reported.
- Stacy Keibler looked pretty in pink on Wednesday, when she was spotted stepping out at a Marchesa spring 2013 fashion show at Grand Central Terminal for New York Fashion Week. Despite swirling rumors that the model and former professional WWE wrestler had split from her boyfriend of one year, George Clooney, Keibler looked poised and confident in a velvet baroque one-shouldered dress.
- The Federal Reserve's third round of quantitative easing, or QE3, will benefit silver and gold prices by weakening the dollar and increasing risk appetite among investors, according to a report by UBS. But silver will gain the most.
- Fed decision to buy tens of billions more in bonds lifts the price of gold to a six-month high.