- A judge backs plaintiffs who said the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 could lead to their being indefinitely detained, dealing a blow to the Obama administration.
- Dustin Pedroia stormed off the field at Fenway Park during Wednesday night's game against the New York Yankees after he was informed that his wife had gone into labor.
- Lady Gaga shaved her head on Wednesday. But it was not in a 2007 Britney Spears fashion, when the pop princess shaved her head completely bald
- Negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement resumed with a lockout threat looming
'Innocence of Muslims': Sound Expert Says Islamophobic Dialogue Definitely Dubbed [Exclusive Transcript]The actors appearing in the movie that sparked riots throughout the Middle East say they were not aware of its anti-Muslim dialogue. IBTimes spoke with a veteran sound engineer for a professional assessment of which instances of dialogue were over-dubbed in a 13-minute clip of the movie that was posted on YouTube.
- You can join President Barack Obama, along with Jay-Z and Beyoncé in NYC.
Eric Clapton To Make Millions At Sotheby's Auction Off 'Abstraktes Bild' Painting By Gerhard RichterBlues guitarist Eric Clapton is expected to rake in an astounding amount of money for a rare painting he purchased in 2001.
- An online petition was posted on the website Change.org calling on the filmmakers of a Nina Simone biopic to re-cast Zoe Salanda with an actress of a darker complexion.
- Starting March 12, food businesses regulated by the city will not be able to sell many sugary drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces.
- The Jets could trade Tim Tebow at the end of the season. A source says the quarterback could request to leave New York if Mark Sanchez remains the starter.
- Here are two places to get a live stream of the news conference that Ben Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, will hold today following the conclusion of a two-day meeting by the central bank's rate-setting committee.
- The bar has been raised and now it is up to the Federal Reserve to meet or exceed expectations. You see because many in the market place feel that some form of quantitative easing may be in the market to give the Fed's soon to be announced stimulus plan its best chance to work they are going to have to wow us!!!
- Monetary “Floodgates” And Geopolitical Unrest To Support Precious Metals
- With the 500-billion-euro ESM in place and a beefed-up European Central Bank ready to intervene massively on the markets, the EU's crisis fighting machinery is taking shape, and elicited positive response on the markets where borrowing costs for weaker eurozone states continued to fall.
- After months of tabloid speculation Zachary Quinto confirmed that he was dating Jonathan Groff during a recent interview with Out Magazine. The October cover story has the actor gushing over his new boyfriend.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are rumored to be expecting their first child together, as so a Star magazine front page says so.
- The Middle East is looking increasingly unsteady with the attacks in Libya and the protests in Egypt, which may further deter the U.S. from eventually intervening in Syria.
- Andy Pettitte is set to return to the field for the Yankees. The New York starter threw 55 pitches in a simulated game on Wednesday.
- Apple has finally unveiled the release date for its long awaited iPhone 5, confirming the rumors about its design, features and tech specs that have been circulating the Internet. Undoubtedly, Web surfers were buzzing with excitement, sharing their opinions through social media.