Articles by New York
- Gold Prices Shoot Higher On Fed Decision To Take On More Debt
September 13 2012 2:55 PM
Fed decision to buy tens of billions more in bonds lifts the price of gold to a six-month high.
- Judge Nixes New Powers For US Government To Indefinitely Detain Terror Suspects
September 13 2012 2:54 PM
A judge backs plaintiffs who said the National Defense Authorization Act of 2011 could lead to their being indefinitely detained, dealing a blow to the Obama administration.
- Dustin Pedroia Leaves Red Sox Stranded As Wife Goes Into Labor During Game Versus Yankees [VIDEO]
September 13 2012 2:45 PM
Dustin Pedroia stormed off the field at Fenway Park during Wednesday night's game against the New York Yankees after he was informed that his wife had gone into labor.
- Lady Gaga Shaves Her Head After Mother Of Photographer Terry Richardson Passes Away [PHOTOS]
September 13 2012 1:43 PM
Lady Gaga shaved her head on Wednesday. But it was not in a 2007 Britney Spears fashion, when the pop princess shaved her head completely bald
- NHL Lockout Looms as League and Union Exchange Proposals
September 13 2012 1:30 PM
Negotiations for a new collective bargaining agreement resumed with a lockout threat looming
- 'Innocence of Muslims': Sound Expert Says Islamophobic Dialogue Definitely Dubbed [Exclusive Transcript]
September 13 2012 1:17 PM
The actors appearing in the movie that sparked riots throughout the Middle East say they were not aware of its anti-Muslim dialogue. IBTimes spoke with a veteran sound engineer for a professional assessment of which instances of dialogue were over-dubbed in a 13-minute clip of the movie that was posted on YouTube.
- Beyoncé, Jay-Z And President Obama Hold Contest To Bring Winner Out With Them In NYC
September 13 2012 12:56 PM
You can join President Barack Obama, along with Jay-Z and Beyoncé in NYC.
- Eric Clapton To Make Millions At Sotheby's Auction Off 'Abstraktes Bild' Painting By Gerhard Richter
September 13 2012 12:02 PM
Blues guitarist Eric Clapton is expected to rake in an astounding amount of money for a rare painting he purchased in 2001.
- US-Cuba Travel Snarled By Regulations, Politics
September 13 2012 11:51 AM
The Obama administration's much touted "people-to-people" travel program to Cuba has all but ground to a halt due to tighter regulations issued in May, apparently to placate Cuban-American lawmakers, travel industry professionals said this week.
- Zoe Saldana Too Light-Skinned To Play Nina Simone: Petition
September 13 2012 11:49 AM
An online petition was posted on the website Change.org calling on the filmmakers of a Nina Simone biopic to re-cast Zoe Salanda with an actress of a darker complexion.
- Bloomberg Large Soda Ban Passed By NYC Health Board, 8-0
September 13 2012 11:27 AM
Starting March 12, food businesses regulated by the city will not be able to sell many sugary drinks in containers larger than 16 ounces.
- Tim Tebow to be Traded by Jets at End of Season? Source Says Quarterback Could Want out of New York
September 13 2012 10:32 AM
The Jets could trade Tim Tebow at the end of the season. A source says the quarterback could request to leave New York if Mark Sanchez remains the starter.
- Live Stream of Bernanke Press Conference: Where to Watch
September 13 2012 10:26 AM
Here are two places to get a live stream of the news conference that Ben Bernanke, the chairman of the Federal Reserve, will hold today following the conclusion of a two-day meeting by the central bank's rate-setting committee.
- The Energy Report - Will they are Won't they?
September 13 2012 8:50 AM
The bar has been raised and now it is up to the Federal Reserve to meet or exceed expectations. You see because many in the market place feel that some form of quantitative easing may be in the market to give the Fed's soon to be announced stimulus plan its best chance to work they are going to have to wow us!!!
- Monetary “Floodgates” And Geopolitical Unrest To Support Precious Metals
September 13 2012 8:00 AM
Monetary “Floodgates” And Geopolitical Unrest To Support Precious Metals
- EUR/USD Update Euro to Fall on Massive Money Printing
September 13 2012 3:48 AM
With the 500-billion-euro ESM in place and a beefed-up European Central Bank ready to intervene massively on the markets, the EU's crisis fighting machinery is taking shape, and elicited positive response on the markets where borrowing costs for weaker eurozone states continued to fall.
- Jonathan Groff And Zachary Quinto Dating, Quinto Confirms In Interview With Out Magazine
September 12 2012 9:53 PM
After months of tabloid speculation Zachary Quinto confirmed that he was dating Jonathan Groff during a recent interview with Out Magazine. The October cover story has the actor gushing over his new boyfriend.
- Prince William And Kate Middleton Pregnancy Rumors: Are They Really Expecting A Child?
September 12 2012 9:05 PM
Prince William and Kate Middleton are rumored to be expecting their first child together, as so a Star magazine front page says so.
- WIll The Libyan Attacks Make The U.S. Leery Of Intervening In Syria?
September 12 2012 5:16 PM
The Middle East is looking increasingly unsteady with the attacks in Libya and the protests in Egypt, which may further deter the U.S. from eventually intervening in Syria.
- Yankees News: Andy Pettitte Set to Return for New York, Could Start Next Week
September 12 2012 4:55 PM
Andy Pettitte is set to return to the field for the Yankees. The New York starter threw 55 pitches in a simulated game on Wednesday.