Articles by Samsung
- Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 Release Features NFC, Wireless Charging And More, Will It Compare To The iPhone 5 And Samsung Galaxy S3?
September 05 2012 11:20 AM
Nokia and Microsoft held a joint press conference on Sept. 5 in New York to officially unveil new Windows Phone 8 devices. Nokia announced its flagship smartphone known as the Lumia 920, which has received some noticeable upgrades in the specs department.
- Samsung Dominates Western European Phone Market In Q2, Apple Impacted By iPhone 5 Rumors: IDC
September 05 2012 6:14 AM
On the heels of a positive first quarter, the Western European mobile phone market failed to maintain a positive trend, due to a weaker economic environment and the new product launches expected in the third quarter, said a new report by market research firm IDC. The total shipments of devices dropped 1.9 percent year on year to 42.1 million units.
- Asian Stocks Decline As US, China Data Disappoint
September 05 2012 4:16 AM
Asian stock market declined Wednesday as weak economic reports from U.S. and China weighed on the sentiment. Concerns over global economic downturn resurfaced after the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) said that U.S. factory activity contracted for the third straight month in August
- Apple iPhone 5 Sept. 12 Media Event Officially Confirmed: Will It Excel Samsung Galaxy S3?
September 05 2012 2:52 AM
Turning long-running speculations into fact, Apple sent out invitations Tuesday, confirming a special media event related to the next iPhone, aka "iPhone 5," in San Francisco on Sept. 12. The event is scheduled to take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts at 10 am PT.
- Asian Stocks Fall On Weak US, China Data
September 05 2012 12:11 AM
Asian markets fell Wednesday as investors' concerns about the weakening global economy was revived by the declining U.S. manufacturing activity and disappointing China's services activity.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 August Sales Surpassed iPhone 4S, Analyst Notes
September 04 2012 2:42 PM
Sales of the Galaxy S3 from Samsung Electronics (Seoul: 005930)in August surpassed those for the I Phone 4S in the U.S. for the first time, said analyst T. Michael Walkley, of Cannacord Genuity.
- Nokia Bets The Company: New Windows 8 Phones Key To Recovery
September 04 2012 12:38 PM
Ailing Finnish smartphone maker Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) is betting the company that two new Lumia smartphones based on the new Windows 8 OS from Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT), the world's biggest software company, will be international hits.
- iPhone 5 Nano SIMs Shipped To T-Mobile In Preparation For Release
September 04 2012 10:38 AM
The new iPhone 5 features a nano SIM card that has shipped to wireless provider T-Mobile prior to the phone's release date.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 To Get Orange's Quick Tap Mobile Payment System Starting Wednesday
September 04 2012 2:45 AM
UK phone network Orange and Barclaycard announced Monday that the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be the first Android smartphone to feature Quick Tap contactless mobile payment technology starting Wednesday, Sept. 5.
- Asian Stocks Range-Bound As Stimulus Hopes Persist
September 04 2012 12:00 AM
Asian markets remained in a tight range Tuesday as investors were waiting for the outcome of meetings among the policymakers in the euro zone which is expected to announce measures to tackle the debt crisis affecting the region.
- Windows Phone 8 Release Announced: 4 Features Revealed By Source Close To Microsoft
September 03 2012 1:18 PM
In July Microsoft fans got a glimpse of some back up options set to come with Windows Phone 8 when the SDK leaked, but until now there was no indication of how the options would work. But now, sources close to Microsoft have revealed more information about its plans for Windows Phone 8, reports The Verge.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Announced: 3 Accessories Users Will Need Upon Launch
September 03 2012 11:44 AM
Samsung has just officially announced it's Galaxy Note 2 just before IFA began in Berlin in Friday, and the Korea-based manufacturer has already showcased a line of accessories for the device.
- What Is Labor Day 2012? Top Sales From Lowes, Walmart, And More; A Brief History Of The Holiday
September 03 2012 11:43 AM
Labor Day 2012 is finally here, marking the end of summer and bringing in the autumn season. The national holiday is a time for a lazy break from work, a final summer barbeque and major retail sales.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Featuring S Cloud Service Demonstrated On Hands-On Video
September 03 2012 7:18 AM
The South Korean tech giant was highly expected to release its own cloud service, the "S Cloud," alongside Galaxy S3 in May, but it didn't happen. However, it appears that the company is now set to unveil the service with Galaxy Note 2 as a hands-on video from German site BestBoyZ showed S Cloud in the device's settings menu.
- Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Specs Leaked; Device Reportedly Coming To Sprint This Month
September 03 2012 5:53 AM
Samsung is going to release Galaxy Victory 4G LTE, a mid-ranged Android smartphone that would be powered by a Qualcomm S4 processor, according to a report.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: How Samsung's Strategy Influenced Its Current Position In South Korea
September 03 2012 4:41 AM
Samsung Electronics (005930) appears to be taking stock of things after the California jury ordered the South Korean giant to pay $1.05 billion in damages to Apple (AAPL) for violating patents pertaining to iPhone and iPad.
- Asian Stocks Mostly Higher On Stimulus Optimism
September 03 2012 4:23 AM
Asian stock markets mostly ended higher Monday on hopes that major central banks around the world would soon announce a new round of stimulus measures to tackle the deteriorating global economic conditions.
- Asian Stocks Rise On Stimulus Expectations
September 03 2012 12:09 AM
Most of the Asian markets rose Monday as investors remained hopeful that the world's central banks would announce stimulus measures soon to help boost the global economic growth.
- Bruce Willis May Be Preparing To Sue Apple Over His ITunes Music Collection
September 02 2012 8:57 PM
While Apple Inc. recently concluded one of its high-profile legal disputes with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., the American tech giant may be entering another court case soon, this time in a tussle with Bruce Willis. The "Die Hard" actor is apparently preparing to sue Apple over the rights to his iTunes music library after his death.
- Apple Vs Samsung Lawsuit: Apple Is Trying To Block iPhone Competition, Says Samsung
September 01 2012 10:20 AM
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. (KRX: 005930) on Saturday accused Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) of resorting to litigation in an attempt to limit consumer choice after the iPhone maker said it was seeking to halt U.S. sales of Galaxy S3 smartphones.