- Find out here what Samsung is announcing Aug. 2.
- Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2, the successor to its widely popular ?phablet? device, is rumored for an October release date in the United States. It seems as if the tablet/smartphone successor will be made available on more carriers than its predecessor, as recent alleged leaks have indicated a Galaxy Note 2 release for Verizon.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Release Imminent: Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, And A Full List Of Devices Confirmed For The UpgradeSome Android users will be getting a sweet treat in the near future. The release date for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean has been confirmed for the majority of devices powered by Google?s popular OS. The new ?buttery smooth? iteration of Android was announced at the search engine giant?s I/O developer?s conference in June, and is rolling out just a day ahead of Apple?s new iOS 6 software.
- Apple fans and phone enthusiasts alike are looking forward to this Friday, the day Apple will finally release its all-new iPhone 5 out into the wild. With pre-orders for the new iPhone selling out in record time, users can't wait to get their hands on all the new features the iPhone 5 has to offer. The iPhone 5 is the first Apple device to run on the company's custom-built A6 chip, which is 22 percent smaller than the A5 and A5X chips found in the iPad 2, iPad 3, Apple TV 2 and iPhone 4S, ...
- Apple Inc booked orders for over two million iPhone 5 models in the first 24 hours, reflecting a higher-than-expected demand for the consumer device giant's new smartphone and setting it up for a strong holiday quarter.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Tipped For Early 2013; Galaxy S3 Successor Rumored To Feature Larger ScreenThe tech world is still buzzing over Samsung?s Galaxy S3, but a new rumor suggests that its successor, the Galaxy S4, will have a February 2013 release date. The next-generation flagship smartphone is said to be unveiled at a European technology expo this winter, company officials and local parts suppliers said to the Korea Times.
Apple iPhone 5 First Benchmarks Out: With Dual Core 1.02GHz A6 CPU, 1GB RAM, Device Narrowly Tops High End Android RivalsThe first iPhone 5 benchmark results have hit Geekbench and showed that the sixth generation iPhone, running iOS 6 with a Dual-Core 1.02GHz ARMv7 processor and 1GB of RAM, narrowly beats all previous iOS devices and high end Android products.
- Most of the Asian markets dropped Monday after the rally last week when investor confidence was buoyed by the optimism that the stimulus measures announced by the central banks in the U.S. and the Europe would help revive the global economic growth momentum.
- Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Release Date For AT&T Allegedly Revealed; Rumors Indicate Same Launch As Windows Phone 8 [REPORT]The release date for Samsung?s Galaxy Note 2 has not officially been revealed yet, but a tip has indicated that it may arrive at the end of next month. According to BGR, a tip has been dropped indicating that the Galaxy Note 2 will be available on AT&T beginning Oct. 21.
- Only two countries are members of the 1 billion mobile phone users club: China and India. In the latter, Nokia and Samsung are battling for the top spot, but their big worldwide rival is an Indian no-show: Apple and the iPhone. Here's why and what's at stake.
Apple iPhone 5 Vs Samsung Galaxy S3 And iPhone 4S: How Do They Stack Up Against Each Other [Infographic]In terms of hardware, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has already proved that it is far superior to the iPhone 4S. With that in mind, the iPhone 5 is definitely more adroit to challenge the South Korean company's best bet. Here's an infographic that puts iPhone 5 against both Samsung Galaxy S3 and iPhone 4S to compare the central statistics of each device.
- Most of the Asian markets gained in the week as investor confidence was lifted following the announcement of another round of quantitative easing by the U.S. Federal Reserve which is expected to rejuvenate the economic growth.
- A judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission found that Apple hadn?t violated any of Samsung?s patent rights for products designed into the iPhone and iPad product lines. Last month, a jury in U.S. District Court in San Jose, Calif., determined Samsung had infringed upon Apple?s patents and awarded the Cupertino, Calif., company $1.05 billion in compensation.
- Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL), the world's most valuable technology company, should reap another windfall from selling the iPhone 5 because component costs are only around $167.50, engineers at UBM TechInsights reported. Apple will sell the product for as much as $399 and charge wireless carriers about $450.
Apple iPhone 5: Ready To Pre-Order? Don't Be Surprised If Verizon, Sprint Don't Support Simultaneous Voice And DataApple has confirmed that it will start taking online pre-orders of the new iPhone 5 at exactly 12:01 a.m. PT (3:01 a.m. ET) Sept. 14. When it comes to carriers, Sprint and AT&T customers can pre-order the handset at the same time while Verizon will reportedly open its online shop a minute earlier at 12 a.m. PT.