Articles by Twitter
- LSU Bomb Threat: 911 Call Leads To Campus Evacuation
September 17 2012 2:11 PM
LSU campus was evacuated Monday after after a bombed threat was phone in to local 911.
- Karreuche Tran Tweets Photo Of Her Kissing A Man Who Is Not Chris Brown: Her Revenge After He Kissed Rihanna At The VMA Awards?
September 17 2012 1:23 PM
Earlier this week, Karreuche Tran tweeted a picture of her kissing a man who was not Chris Brown, though he too sports a nose ring
- Amber Rose, Fiance of Wiz Khalifa, Tweets First Photo Of Her Growing Baby Bump
September 17 2012 12:39 PM
Amber Rose, a model and Smirnoff spokeswoman, shared the first photo of her growing stomach on twitter with her followers
- New Baby Panda Born At National Zoo After 5 False Alarms
September 17 2012 12:20 PM
Proud panda mother Mei Xiang has shown similar signs of pregnancy five times since 2007, all of which turned out to be false alarms. But on Sunday night, she delivered.
- Apple?s iPhone 5 Release Shatters Sales Records, Called The ?Rolex Of Smartphones? By Analyst
September 17 2012 10:59 AM
Apple?s iPhone 5 has been called one the most anticipated smartphone launch in history, and the device?s pre-order numbers have proven this to be true. After completely selling out in just one hour on Sept. 14, the iPhone 5 set a new pre-order record for both AT&T and Apple.
- Euro Dragged By Spanish Woes, Sterling At Risk Amid Slowing Inflation
September 17 2012 10:56 AM
The Euro slipped to 1.3082 as a report by the Bank of Spain showed households and businesses withdrew EUR 26B in deposits during July, and the ongoing turmoil in the banking system may continue to drag on the exchange rate it raises the threat for a bailout.
- Trade Setups in AUDUSD and USDJPY
September 17 2012 10:54 AM
Early week focus is on the AUDUSD and USDJPY as per event risk in Japan (rate decision tomorrow) and Australia (RBA minutes tonight). The USDJPY drop lower last week probably completed a terminal thrust from a triangle. It's taken just 2 days for the USDJPY to return to the early September high (7903). The target is 8061 (top of triangle). Support is now 7865 and a bullish bias is warranted against last night's low of 7816. Several days of congestion are probably underway in the AUDUSD aft...
- Light round of profit taking selling to start the week
September 17 2012 10:35 AM
The global risk asset markets are trading in a perception mode or a view that the stimulus coming from the US, Europe and likely China will be enough to jump start the faltering global economy. The view that inflation will be the outcome of all of the stimulus programs is pushing oil and other traditional commodities back to lofty levels. The objectives of QE3 are to bolster the economy and improve the weak jobs markets. With oil prices rising it certainly looks counterproductive as higher oil a...
- London Session: Do rising Spanish bond yields threaten EURUSD?
September 17 2012 10:25 AM
The markets are trading with a risk off tone at the start of the week. There are a couple of reasons for this: 1, the extent of the moves last week may justify a pullback at this stage, 2, the focus turns back to growth as we await a plethora of economic data due in the coming days and 3, problems with Spain.
- Lindsay Lohan Calls Out Amanda Bynes On Twitter For Having ?No Punishment(s)?
September 17 2012 10:00 AM
Lindsay Lohan, who is no stranger to legal drama, called out Amanda Bynes on Twitter following news that her car was impounded on Sunday, admitting that her own punishments were unfair in comparison to the Nickelodeon star's lack thereof.
- Zynga Lashes Back At EA With Countersuit, Hires Samsung?s Law Firm To Take On Rival Game Developer
September 15 2012 7:46 PM
Tensions between Zynga Inc. (Nasdaq: ZNGA) and Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: EA) exploded all over again Friday as Zynga mustered an aggressive rejoinder to the copyright-infringement lawsuit filed against it by EA last month.
- Occupy Wall Street Plans Concert, Demonstration Surrounding NYSE To Mark Anniversary
September 15 2012 3:36 PM
Occupy Wall Street are planning to return in force to New York City's Financial District, hoping to recapture momentum.
- Chris Brown's Latest Album Gets Sticker Warning 'This Man Beats Women' In London
September 14 2012 7:10 PM
Shoppers looking for Chris Brown's album "Fortune" in HMV stores in London might be surprised to see a warning sticker on the CD. Several copies of Brown's latest album have been covered with advisory stickers reading, "Warning: Do Not Buy This Album! This Man Beats Women."
- Village Voice Editor Tony Ortega Is Leaving To Write A Scientology Book
September 14 2012 6:25 PM
Tony Ortega, who has been the editor-in-chief of the Village Voice since 2007, announced via blog post on Friday that he is stepping down next week. The alt-weekly has seen a number of staff layoffs in the last few years.
- Derrick Rose Cries During D Rose 3 Sneaker Launch [VIDEO]
September 14 2012 4:21 PM
Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose was overcome with emotion during the unveiling of his new Adidas shoe, the D Rose 3, with the NBA superstar on the verge of tears multiple times at the Chicago event.
- 'Finding Nemo 3D' Gets Positive Reviews & Excites Twitter [VIDEO]
September 14 2012 3:29 PM
?"Finding Nemo 3D" hit theaters on Friday and Twitter began to instantly erupt with posts about how people wanted to go see the new version of the movie.
- Argentines Protest President Fernandez's Economic Policies Amid Rising Inflation
September 14 2012 1:08 PM
Many Argentines are protesting against the policies of President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner over her tight controls on the economy amid rising inflation. Fernandez has said that her policies are aimed at supporting the most vulnerable in society and will benefit the majority of people as a whole, though she has been criticized for pursuing a populist agenda at the expese of the upper and middle classes.
- Manchester United Transfer News: Ferguson Chasing a Trio of Young Stars?
September 14 2012 1:07 PM
The latest on Manchester United's pursuit of three highly-rated youngsters.
- The Week Ahead: Central Banks to the rescue
September 14 2012 1:01 PM
QE3 and its impact on the dollar - The ECB as the Svengali of the markets - The yen falls sharply post the Fed
- Mark Sanchez Girlfriend, Eva Longoria Confirms the Two Are Happy Dating [PICTURES]
September 14 2012 12:26 PM
Rumors have speculated the two have been dating for months.