- National Cheeseburger Day is Tuesday, Sept. 18. Burger joints across the nation are celebrating this momentous occasion with a variety of deals, while others are honoring the day by using your cheeseburger purchase to benefit charity.
Is It Time For Amanda Bynes To Head To Rehab? Lindsay Lohan Would Say 'Yes' After Insulting Bynes On TwitterAlthough she has been charged with two hit and run offenses, in addition to being arrested for a DUI, actress Amanda Bynes is not planning on going to rehab anytime soon
Happy 41st Birthday Jada Pinkett-Smith: A Look At The Top Hottest Actresses 40 And Older [SLIDESHOW]Pinkett-Smith turns 41 today and is not the only fit and fabulous actress in her 40s. Check out these other nine celebrity actresses who are getting sexier with age
- Square, the new rising star of Silicon Valley founded and lead by Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey, closed a $200 million fundraising round on Monday that now places the start-up's value at $3.25 billion. The privately-held San Francisco based company hopes to establish itself as the go-to mobile wallet in a growing industry of digital payment systems that all seek to turn smartphones into people's primary means of transaction.
Ireland Baldwin And Kendall Jenner Post Bikini Twitter Pictures, Too Inappropriate For 16-Year Old Celebs?In the latest twitpic controversy, Ireland Baldwin, the 16-year-old daughter of Alec Baldwin and ex-wife Kim Basinger, decided to show off her body in a provocative black and white bikini to her almost 19,000 Twitter followers on Sunday.
- Risk is once again off today as the dollar continues to find buying interest. This is the third day in a row that the dollar has risen -so is this a trend and has the QE3/ Draghi OMT boost to the markets already lost steam? We are unsure at this stage, although we believe that dollar gains will be limited by the prospect of more QE from the Fed (especially if the labour market doesn't start to pick up). However, the success, or not, of the ECB's OMT programme all depends on Spain requestin...
- With another syringe of quantitative easing being injected into the U.S. economy's bloodstream, Ben Bernanke is giving the markets their liquidity fix. The Federal Reserve's action reaffirmed my stance I've reiterated on several occasions that the governments across developed markets have no fiscal discipline, opting for ultra-easy monetary policies to stimulate growth instead.
- Lindsay Lohan isn't too happy that she served jail time in 2010 after multiple driving related arrests but Amanda Bynes hasn't. Lohan took to Twitter to express her disdain for the fact that Bynes has yet to be punished for her DUI and reckless driving. Though Lohan makes a valid point, her post comes after a string of bizarre tweets. The starlet and several other celebs have made a habit of sharing nonsensical musings with the world.
- Cute overloads are typically the stuff of Reddit subthreads, but on Monday, the National Zoo Panda Cam suffered this literal fate when their servers crashed shortly after the birth of a new giant panda cub.
- At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will be released as a free update to iOS users two days prior to the launch of the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release this Friday, Sept. 21. There are more than 200 new features coming to iOS 6. Here, we do our best to outline all of the biggest features right here for you. A...
Kourtney Kardashian Pulls Penelope Out With Own Hands While Kim Freezes Her Eggs On 'KUWTK' Finale [VIDEO]Kourtney Kardashian clawed her way back into the family spotlight Sunday as the season finale of "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" showed her literally pulling her second child out during birth.
- After struggling in his first few years in the NFL, Reggie Bush has become a top NFL running back with the Miami Dolphins.
- LSU campus was evacuated Monday after after a bombed threat was phone in to local 911.
Karreuche Tran Tweets Photo Of Her Kissing A Man Who Is Not Chris Brown: Her Revenge After He Kissed Rihanna At The VMA Awards?Earlier this week, Karreuche Tran tweeted a picture of her kissing a man who was not Chris Brown, though he too sports a nose ring
- Amber Rose, a model and Smirnoff spokeswoman, shared the first photo of her growing stomach on twitter with her followers
- Proud panda mother Mei Xiang has shown similar signs of pregnancy five times since 2007, all of which turned out to be false alarms. But on Sunday night, she delivered.
- Apple?s iPhone 5 has been called one the most anticipated smartphone launch in history, and the device?s pre-order numbers have proven this to be true. After completely selling out in just one hour on Sept. 14, the iPhone 5 set a new pre-order record for both AT&T and Apple.
- The Euro slipped to 1.3082 as a report by the Bank of Spain showed households and businesses withdrew EUR 26B in deposits during July, and the ongoing turmoil in the banking system may continue to drag on the exchange rate it raises the threat for a bailout.
- Early week focus is on the AUDUSD and USDJPY as per event risk in Japan (rate decision tomorrow) and Australia (RBA minutes tonight). The USDJPY drop lower last week probably completed a terminal thrust from a triangle. It's taken just 2 days for the USDJPY to return to the early September high (7903). The target is 8061 (top of triangle). Support is now 7865 and a bullish bias is warranted against last night's low of 7816. Several days of congestion are probably underway in the AUDUSD aft...
- The global risk asset markets are trading in a perception mode or a view that the stimulus coming from the US, Europe and likely China will be enough to jump start the faltering global economy. The view that inflation will be the outcome of all of the stimulus programs is pushing oil and other traditional commodities back to lofty levels. The objectives of QE3 are to bolster the economy and improve the weak jobs markets. With oil prices rising it certainly looks counterproductive as higher oil a...