- Today is all about Bernanke and the FOMC meeting that concludes later today. The main questions the markets want answered is 1, will we get more QE this month, 2, what form will it take, and 3, what size will it be? The markets seem to have made up their mind on the first question the Fed will act because of the unambiguously bad payrolls data in August and also after Bernanke’s defence of conventional QE at the Jackson Hole conference last month. We tend to agree that if the Fed doesn’t announ...
- During Wednesday's special media event in San Francisco for the unveiling of iPhone 5, Apple also released a GM (Golden Master) seed of the OS on its developer portal. Here's how to jailbreak iOS 6 GM on A4 devices using Redsn0w 0.9.13dev4.
‘The X Factor’ Premiere: Emblem3 Wows All 4 Judges, Listen To Their Original Song 'Sunset Blvd' Here [AUDIO]"The X Factor" premiered its second season Wednesday evening, and one group of singers really stood out above the rest. L.A. Reid, Simon Cowell, Britney Spears and Demi Lovato were all in awe after one performance, and its definitely a group you'll want to keep an eye out for. So, who had the crowd standing up and dancing and all four judges saying 'yes?' Emblem3!
The ‘X Factor’s’ Simon Cowell Ignites Twitter: ‘If Madonna, Bobby Brown & Dracula Had A Child It Would Be You’Simon Cowell arguably turned out to be the breakout star from "American Idol" and now he's making headlines on his newer show that appears on FOX Wednesday nights, "The X Factor."
- Alison Pill now falls into the topless celebrity category now that she accidentally posted a picture of herself wearing only a pair of over-sized, thick rimmed glasses on Twitter.
- Apple has finally unveiled the release date for its long awaited iPhone 5, confirming the rumors about its design, features and tech specs that have been circulating the Internet. Undoubtedly, Web surfers were buzzing with excitement, sharing their opinions through social media.
Kathy Bates Has Double Mastectomy After Diagnosed With Cancer: 'I Don't Miss My Breasts As Much As I Miss Harry's Law'Kathy Bates has had to battle cancer for a second time after having to undergo a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer nine years after she surviving ovarian cancer, People reported.
- At Apple's media event in San Francisco on Wednesday, the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer company announced the newest mobile operating system for iPhone, iPad and iPod -- also known as iOS 6 -- will launch two days prior to the intended release date for the iPhone 5, on Wednesday, Sept. 19. The iPhone 5 will release that Friday, Sept. 21. We anticipated Apple would announce the release date of iOS 6 at today's media event. Apple iOS 6 Release Date Comes Two Days Before iPhone 5 Launch On...
- Reporter John Clayton gives fans a outtakes from the latest "This is Sportscenter" ad.
- Nat Gas futures are starting the day with only a minor level of profit taking selling so far and are holding onto most of the gains from the last two sessions. The current price is at the upper end of the trading range and at a level that I still do not think is sustainable. At the current price level coal to Nat Gas switching is now favorable to coal which if the price remains at the current level utilities will have to look seriously at switching back to coal. In addition the latest NOAA six t...
- The White House has announced that President Obama will deliver a live statement at 10:35 Wednesday on the attacks in Libya that took the life of U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens .
- As expected, Apple looks like it's finally ready to release the latest version of OS X Mountain Lion at today's scheduled media event in San Francisco, which will reportedly see the debut of several iOS devices including the next-generation iPhone, a new line-up of iPods, and an all-new "iPad Mini." The company seeded the final version of the newest Mountain Lion update to developers on Tuesday evening.
- Eurozone event risk has been front and centre today. Firstly Germany’s top court gave the green light to a longer-term bailout fund for the currency bloc; there was also a State of the Union address by the EU Commission President. By far the most important event for the markets was the German court ruling. But what does it actually mean for risky assets?
NBC Interviews Kris Jenner On 'Today' About Her Breast Implants As Other Networks Observe Sept. 11 Moment Of SilenceTelevision network NBC has drawn negative criticism after skipping a moment of silence at 8:48am to honor the victims of September 11th
- Apple big announcement, where the company is expected to reveal the iPhone 5 and some other surprises, is finally coming on Wednesday. Alongside the announcement of its next-generation smartphone, a possible iPad Mini and a refreshed line of iPod devices, Apple could unveil the release date for iOS 6, its updated operating system.
- Once indefensible, industry trades have seen their influence diminish in recent years. Trade magazines such as Variety, the Hollywood Reporter, Backstage and Advertising Age have all tried different ways to cope with a migration of readers from print to the Web.
- Earlier this week, O.J. Simpson dropped a bombshell when The National Enquirer reported that he had changed the terms of his will to include Khloe Kardashian, the daughter of late attorney Robert Kardashian, whom the former NFL star allegedly believes is his biological daughter. But the Kardashian family, who has fought off rumors about Khloe's parentage for years, won't budge, calling the claims "fabricated."
- We don't know the exact features that Apple has packed into the iPhone 5, but we nevertheless have a pretty good idea of what Apple CEO Tim Cook might unveil on stage tomorrow. Over the past year, we've been watching reports, rumors, and the U.S. patent department, keeping a keen eye out for possible software features Apple could introduce in its next iPhone.
- Gaffe-prone Vice President Joe Biden offended many Twitter users while describing Sept. 11 as "bittersweet" during a ceremony Tuesday for those who lost their lives on United Flight 93, which crashed in a Pennsylvania field.