Charlie Sheen arrives at the premiere of "Scary Movie 5" in Hollywood, California, April 11, 2013. Reuters/Fred Prouser

Charlie Sheen spent a portion of Monday night in a Los Angeles emergency room after eating bad clams, the actor told People on Tuesday. Sheen’s publicist, Jeff Ballard, said it was a severe case of food poisoning.

"It was clams, bad clams," Ballard said. "Nothing too exciting." Apparently, the former star of "Two and a Half Men" had a seafood pasta dinner delivered to his house and started feeling sick a few hours after eating the dish.

TMZ reported that the actor (or one of his assistants) directly called fire department paramedics around 11 p.m. Monday. Sheen was then taken by ambulance to a local hospital, after complaining of chest pains, and was treated for dehydration. "Just to be on the safe side, he went to the hospital," Ballard said. "They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way. He was back home in bed 90 minutes later."

It seems Sheen didn’t share his clam experience on social media. According to E! News, the 49-year-old actor sent a team cheer for the Cleveland Cavaliers via Twitter on Tuesday, just ahead the start of Game 3 of the NBA Finals. He posted a photo of his Cleveland Indians memorabilia, from his 1989 movie "Major League," captioning it: "King James, plz do (with ure inimitable genius) what 'we' could not do! I respect GS However, they ain't 'YOU' ©."

The actor is reportedly on the mend and even snapped a photo of himself Tuesday alongside the firefighters who responded to his distress call. He was also seen outside swimming in his pool, states People.