Christina Perri, who suffered pregnancy loss in 2020, has opened up about her trauma and talked about how expecting mothers can save their babies by doing prenatal screening tests. The singer is pregnant again and is expecting a baby girl.

Talking to People about her 2020 pregnancy loss, Perri said: "There was so much anger and pain and sadness. And there were days I couldn’t even see a future version of me. I can’t be angry at the doctors because they followed protocol."

She went on to share in the Wednesday interview how the American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (ACOG) suggests expecting mothers to go through a prenatal screening test in their first trimester. This test can help expecting mothers learn about a blood-clotting disorder that can be fixed with help of a blood thinner.

"But ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) has the power to offer that test as part of a prenatal screening to every woman in her first trimester," she said. "This is not about the past for me. It’s about saving babies."

According to Obstetrician-gynaecologist Mary Kerr, 90% of miscarriages happen because of "spontaneous genetic error." However, the remaining 10% are caused because of "a blood disorder that could be prevented with something as simple as a blood thinner."

The 35-year-old singer shares a four-year-old daughter, Carmella Stanley, with her husband Paul Costabile. In 2020, Perri was hospitalized for pregnancy complications when she was carrying her baby girl, Rosie. The singer lost her baby as she was "born silent."

This year, Perri took to Instagram in May to reveal that she is pregnant again. She shared a video featuring her four-year-old daughter Carmella opening a box and removing sonogram photos from it.

"Rosie sent carmella a little sister and we’re very excited," the singer captioned the video. "We’ve been having all the feelings, but mostly trying everyday to choose joy."

Perri dropped a lullaby album, titled "Songs for Rosie," in November 2021 to mark the first death anniversary of the little one. The album also featured a classic song, "Here Comes the Sun," which was sung by Perri and her daughter Carmella. At that time, the singer praised Carmella's voice and called her a gifted singer.

Perri and Costabile got married in 2017.

Christina Perri
Christina Perri has tied the knot with Paul Costabile. Pictured: The “A Thousand Years” hitmaker performing on the Honda Stage at the iHeartRadio Theater Los Angeles in Burbank, California on Aug. 8, 2014. Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for Clear Channel