A Florida woman was arrested Friday after she allegedly shot dead her estranged husband at her residence in Jacksonville County.

The suspect, identified as Kimberly Heath, 45, was detained after the deputies found her husband, Nathaniel Heath, with a gunshot wound at the former's house. The cops were reporting to the house after receiving a call about a shooting, the Jacksonville Police Department said in a statement on Facebook.

Nathaniel was pronounced dead at the scene, and his death was ruled a murder, following which Kimberly was brought in for an interview. She was later charged with murder.

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office's homicide department and members of the Crime Scene Unit were investigating the shooting.

Nathaniel's mother, Audrey Longley, told News4jax he was married to Kimberley, but the two had an estranged relationship. Longley said her son and Kimberley moved back to Jacksonville from the Midwest to help her deal with her mental health issues.

Speaking of Nathaniel, Longley said he was a person everyone loved. Longley also said she believes Kimberley was waiting for Nathaniel armed at the house when he arrived. However, the reason for Nathaniel visiting Kimberley's house was not revealed.

"He was very happy-go-lucky. Everyone loved him. He wouldn't hurt a fly. Was very loved by many, many, many people. He was a good guy," she told the outlet. "I want to see her get the full extent of what could be done to her and I hate to say that because at one point I liked her and was trying to be there for her and my son."

"He had not been staying here because she was afraid that she was going to kill him," Longley added.

Geoff Perrault, the man who shared the home with Kimberley, said he was at an appointment when the incident happened and learned about it when his ring camera alerted him. He said he picked up his phone and saw police officers placing crime scene tapes around his house.

Kimberly made a court appearance Saturday, and was booked in the Duval County Jail. Her next court appearance is scheduled for Oct. 31, Crime Online reported, citing jail records.

The family raised a GoFundMe page to foot Nathaniel's funeral expenses.

Representational image Pixabay