The charity biker festival at Tennessee turned out to be tragedy as three men and two women died inside a recreational vehicle in the campground, after they apparently inhaled fumes from a generator.

Police said after preliminary investigation that they suspect the reason for the death could be fumes from a leaked generator. A small storage hatch on the trailer was found to be opened, which caused carbon monoxide leak from the generator inside the vehicle that killed the five participants.

According to Clarksville Police spokesman Jim Knoll the chance of homicide is very less as there were no signs of foul play. Clarksville Mayor Kim McMillan called it a tragic accident.

Most of them didn't get to bed until four o'clock in the morning, and most of those people didn't go in that trailer at the same time to go to bed, I just find that kind that of strange. Why didn't they notice? asked the visibly shocked Bill Langford, the director of the event Bikers Who Care.

It was the 30th year of the Leslie W. Watson Memorial Toy Run. The group of 1,500 bikers rode through the streets of Clarksville, Tennessee, on Saturday to raise money for needy children. Every year this bike festival features motorcycle drag races, live music and tattoo contests.

The BWC family is devastated by a tragic accident that took place this morning, said one of the event organizers.

Langford identified the five deceased as a married couple who had 8-month-old twins. The others who died were another couple and a man who worked with one of the men.

It's going to be hard for next year or two, he said. But we're going to keep doing what we do for the kids.