Civil rights lawyer Gloria Allred, who is representing Bill Cosby's accusers, was asked to leave the court Wednesday after her phone started ringing, while the trial proceeding for the comedian was underway. Cosby's sexual assault trial for allegedly drugging and assaulting former Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his Pennsylvania home in 2004, began Monday. 

While talking to the NY Daily News, Allred said she had switched off her phone before entering the court and has no idea how it started ringing. The famed attorney also said she won't be disappointed if the court does not allow her to attend further testimony. 

“It was so off. They had trouble getting it back on,” she reportedly said. “I don't understand how a phone rings when it's off.”

Read: What Shawn Brown Said About Bill Cosby Affair As Sexual Assault Trial For America's Dad Continues

Allred, who has worked as an attorney for more than 30 years, has an estimated net worth of $20 million and has gained fame for taking difficult or controversial cases. Most of the cases she fought involved celebrity clients such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, David Boreanaz, Anthony Weiner, Sacha Baron Cohen, Tommy Lee, and Herman Cain, among others.

In Cosby's case, Allred's client Kelly Johnson testified Monday about the time the 79-year-old allegedly drugged and groped her at Hotel Bel-Air, Los Angeles, in 1996.  Allred also praised Constand for calmly handling a harsh cross-examination Wednesday.

“She did very well,” Allred said, adding that Cosby's lawyer Angela Agrusa failed to prove Constand was lying. “The defense scored no points.” “I mean, all they're doing is talking about phone calls,” Allred said adding, “Well, what was said in those calls? It's nothing. She said the calls were work-related.”

Constand testified during Cosby’s trial Tuesday, saying he gave her pills which made her unconscious and she later woke up to find him groping her and making other forms of sexual contact with her. Constand, a 44-year-old massage therapist from Toronto, told the Montgomery County Courthouse in Pennsylvania she met Cosby in 2002 while working for the women’s basketball team at Temple University in Philadelphia and continued socializing after that.

On Wednesday, Agrusa tried to imply that Constand and Cosby’s relationship had been romantic in nature and that the two had been intimate during dinners.

Constand's mother, Gianna, told the jury she had a two-hour phone conversation with Cosby after her daughter finally told her that she had been sexually assaulted, and that "The Cosby Show" star assured her there had been no intercourse, only “digital penetration.”

“He was talking about it almost like he was … trying to make me believe it was consensual, that she was okay with it,” Gianna testified. “He said to me, ‘I apologize to Constand and I apologize to you,'” the mother told the jury, adding that Cosby also offered to pay for any therapy her daughter needed.

Cosby has been accused of aggravated indecent assault against Constand, which he denies. If convicted, he could face a decade in prison.