KEY POINTS

  • “The Harder They Fall” production was halted last week after a crew member tested positive for coronavirus
  • None of the principal cast tested positive for the virus
  • “The Harder They Fall” is expected to resume filming this week

Production of the Idris Elba-starrer “The Harder They Fall” has been halted after a crew member tested positive for COVID-19.

None of the principal cast, which includes Regina King, Jonathan Majors, Zazie Beetz, Lakeith Stanfield and Delroy Lindo, had tested positive, People reported.

Production of the movie, which started in New Mexico earlier this year and was halted once the pandemic struck, was halted Thursday. It is expected to resume this week.

“The Harder They Fall” revolves around Majors’ character Nat Love, who discovers that the person (played by Elba) who killed his parents is being released from prison. He gets together with his gang to get vengeance.

Interestingly, Elba was one of the first actors to have tested positive for the coronavirus. The actor announced the news back in March via a video on Twitter in which he confirmed that he exhibited no symptoms.

"I wasn't showing any symptoms but I am very glad I made that decision to get tested," he said at the time. "I have been out of contact with everyone since. The early testing is the way we need to approach this. It's hard to say when I contracted the disease. I was exposed to it from March 4."

Meanwhile, “The Harder They Fall” joins a long list of movies that have hit production snags due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Robert Pattinson’s “The Batman” also experienced a second production delay in September when the actor contracted the virus. This came just days after the cast and crew returned to the set following the industry-wide shutdown in March.

Pattinson returned to the “Batman” set last week. Photos from the movie's Liverpool set showed him in character as Bruce Wayne as he filmed a funeral scene.

“The Batman” was originally set to release in June 2021, but the delay in production due to the coronavirus pandemic pushed back the premiere to 2022.

Popular daytime soap opera "Days of Our Lives" was shut down temporarily as well after a production team member tested positive for COVID-19, Deadline reported. Production is slated to resume on Oct. 26.

The person who tested positive has been placed in isolation and preliminary contact tracing has been completed, the report said. Those who have been in close contact with the affected individual have been placed in quarantine for a period of 14 days.

Idris Elba Idris Elba is shown at the world premiere of the movie "The Gunman" in London, Feb. 18, 2015. Photo: Reuters