Lil Wayne
Lil Wayne. REUTERS

Rapper Lil Wayne was hospitalized after a seizure in Los Angeles on Tuesday night. This is the second high-profile hospitalization for the rapper’s epilepsy this year.

According to reports from TMZ, Lil Wayne was taken to Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and cared for overnight. The rapper, born Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was reportedly released on Wednesday morning. Lil Wayne tweeted his fans after his release to show that he was alright.

“I'm fine. Thank u,” the rapper tweeted.

This is the second time Lil Wayne has been hospitalized for seizures this year. In March, the rapper spent a night in a Los Angeles hospital after undergoing a seizure while filming a music video for a song off his recent album “I Am Not a Human Being II.”

According to MTV, the rapper was hospitalized in March for seizures. Wayne was rushed to Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for a six-night stay after an intense bout of seizures.

Following his March hospitalization, Lil Wayne spoke with Power 106 DJ Fellie Fel to announce that he suffers from epilepsy. During the appearance, he also denied rumors that he was fatally ill.

“The bad news is I’m an epileptic,” Lil Wayne admitted.

“I’m prone to seizures. This isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, ya’ll just never hear about them [sic]. But this time it got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious. ... But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself. That’s just typical me, though.”

Lil Wayne was also hospitalized twice for seizures in 2012. Back in October, Wayne suffered two seizures in less than 24 hours, enduring brief hospitalizations in both Louisiana and Texas.

He appears to have suffered the recent seizures while aboard his private jet. Wayne suffered his first seizure while flying over Texas. His private jet made an emergency landing in San Angelo, Texas, and Lil Wayne was rushed to a local hospital. His pilot was the first to report that he had suffered a seizure.

After being discharged from the Texas hospital, Lil Wayne again boarded his private jet to head back to Los Angeles, but apparently suffered a second seizure while in the air Friday. His flight was rerouted to Kenner, La., where paramedics escorted him to the Ochsner Medical Center, TMZ reported.