The drawbacks of Samsung’s decision to scrap its Galaxy Note 7 could be largely felt in the patronage of the South Korea giant’s customers. And as of today, it appears that many of Samsung’s customers are unlikely to buy the company’s smartphones from now on.

According to 9To5Google, mobile e-commerce platform Branding Brand launched a survey recently to find out the consumer trends resulting to Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 fiasco. The survey was carried out by interviewing U.S.-based consumers who currently own a Samsung handset. 

Based on the survey, 40 percent of the 1020 interviewed consumers said that they are not buying another smartphone from Apple’s biggest rival again. Out of these disgruntled consumers, 46 percent admitted that they are new clients, which means they made the big switch in the recent years. The remaining percentage (54 percent), however, have been patronizing Samsung products for a very long time now. 

Ubergizmo has learned that Branding Brand did its survey between Oct. 11 and Oct. 12 — just after Samsung made its brave announcement of discontinuing its problematic Galaxy Note 7. This explains why consumers have lost interest in purchasing another phone from Samsung. 

Even though it is admirable for 60 percent of the respondents to stick with the brand, the figure of the disgruntled consumers is apparently higher than the 34 percent that was identified in a previous survey conducted by the same marketing firm. 

Out of the 40 percent of the recently surveyed consumers, 30 percent said that they plan to switch to Apple’s iPhone next. On the other hand, 70 percent admitted that they are still opting for another Android device for their future purchase. 

The survey comes amid Samsung’s offer to give a $100 bill credit to Galaxy Note 7 owners who are replacing their device with another Samsung smartphone. For owners who are switching to a different brand, they are still entitled to a $25 bill credit, as per Fortune