KEY POINTS

  • A new report claims Meghan Markle allegedly had very precise demands when she was still a working royal
  • Prince Harry and Markle's "drama" nearly drove all their staff to resign at one point, the report says
  • Markle has denied the bullying allegations reported by the U.K.'s The Times

Amid the bullying accusations made against Meghan Markle, a new report claims that royal staff found working with both the duchess and Prince Harry difficult during their time in Kensington Palace.

In the run-up of her and Prince Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, U.K.'s The Times reported allegations that the Duchess of Sussex drove out two personal assistants and left staff feeling "humiliated." It said an official complaint was made by Jason Knauf, then-communications secretary to Markle and Prince Harry. Her rep has since denied the accusations.

Now, The Times royal correspondent Roya Nikkhah reported that anonymous sources who were close to the couple when they were still working royals have claimed that Markle and Prince Harry's "drama" nearly drove all their staff to resign at one point.

"The entire household was on the verge of quitting," one unnamed source told the outlet. "It was drama, drama, drama with those two."

Markle allegedly had very precise demands when she was a working royal and would berate staff if they were not met, the report claimed. One such case reportedly involved the duchess' former personal assistant Melissa Touabti, who is said to have been "traumatized" by the time she resigned from her position.

"Soon after the engagement, Meghan hosted a shooting party at Sandringham for Harry’s friends. She ordered personally embroidered blankets for each of the guests, in red. When they arrived, they weren’t the right shade of red for Meghan and she went mental at Melissa," an unnamed senior royal source said.

The former "Suits" star also had a lot of demands during their 2018 royal wedding, according to the report. Markle allegedly complained about the  Kingdom Choir's arrangement of "Stand By Me." She also tried to pit Prince Harry against the royal staff to have her demands met, the report said.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were made aware of the staff's growing discontent and drop in morale. Prince Harry apologized to the staff and Markle got them breakfast, but it reportedly didn't go down very well.

Markle had denied the bullying allegation last week, saying she was "saddened by this latest attack on her character."

Meanwhile, Buckingham Palace issued a statement saying it was "clearly very concerned" about the accusations and that the palace human resources team "will look into the circumstances outlined in the article."

"The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace," the palace said.

Several of Markle's friends and former colleagues came to her defense following the report and the palace's response. "Suits" writer Jon Cowan, former co-star Patrick J. Adams, celebrity friend Janina Gavankar and more all slammed the bullying claims.

Markle and Prince Harry are expected to open up about their decision to step back from royal duties and move to the U.S. in their sit-down interview with Winfrey on Sunday at 8 p.m. EST on CBS.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - NOVEMBER 11: Meghan, Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex attend a service to mark the centenary of the Armistice at Westminster Abbey on November 11, 2018 in London, England. The Armistice ending the First World War between the Allies and Germany was signed at Compiègne, France on eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month - 11am on the 11th November 1918. This day is commemorated as Remembrance Day with special attention being paid for this year's centenary. Photo: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images