Anthony Yahle with his daughter, Courtney. Facebook

For 45 minutes Anthony Yahle showed no signs of life.

The 37-year-old man was hospitalized after his wife, Melissa, said she woke up on Aug. 5 and noticed he wasn’t breathing properly. Their 17-year-old son performed CPR, emergency technicians shocked his heart several times until they found a heartbeat. But later that day at the hospital, Yahle’s heart stopped again and he had no vital signs for nearly an hour.

“Ok I don't post too much on but I had to get this out a week ago Sunday I died for 35 to 45 min it was bad enough that the dr pronounced me dead,” Yahle posted on his Facebook page about the incident.

Doctors at Kettering Medical Center in Kettering, Ohio, told Yahle’s family that they exhausted all efforts to revive him, and he was officially declared dead, Fox News reported.

"Dad, you're not going to die today," Yahle’s son, Lawrence, yelled in the hospital’s hallway after he heard the news.

Dr. Raja Nazir, Yahle’s cardiologist at the hospital, said what happened next was “mind boggling.”

"I'm calling it a miracle because I've never seen anything like it," Nazir told ABC News. He noticed that Yahle had a heartbeat again, beating about once or twice a minute.

"When I looked at the electrical activity, I was surprised," Nazir said. "I thought we'd better make another effort to revive him."

Yahle was transferred to Ohio State University, and later returned home on Aug. 10 with a defibrillator in his chest. He doesn’t remember anything about his near death experience.

"He doesn't have one broken rib," his wife, Melissa, said. "He's not sore. These are things that just clinically don't happen."

On Facebook, Yahle said he wanted to thank his supporters who prayed for him during his recovery.

“I would just like to thank everyone who prayed for me and my family over these past 12 days god has worked more than I can say and no one can say any different not even the doctors that worked on me say it was gods work.”