A father-to-be from Ouston, United Kingdom beat and threatened his pregnant girlfriend but avoided jail time because the judge says he felt “trapped”.

Alexander Simpson, 33, was brought to the Newcastle Crown Court after he was arrested for kicking his 14-week-pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and threatened to kill their unborn child.

Michael Lohan Arrested for Domestic Abuse
Michael Lohan's ex-girlfriend Kate Major has said she is "terrified" of him. Reuters

According to the Daily Mail, the suspect pleaded guilty to charges of common assault and making threats to kill and was sentenced to 9 months imprisonment, 18 month of suspension with 100 hours of unpaid work and an indefinite restraining order.

“You felt this relationship had gone too fast and was too intense and she was pregnant and you felt trapped,” the judge told Simpson.

The judge then called Simpson a coward, saying that he could have handled his emotions in a civilised manner and not to savagely beat and threaten their child.

The defending, Sue Hirst said that the suspect had suffered with mental health problems and has since referred himself for counselling.

Simpson and the victim started dating around January and by May, she was pregnant.

On August 5, the woman arrived home from work around 9 p.m. and saw Simpson on the sofa with an empty bottle of wine before he went out and returned around 1:30 am.

“She saw the defendant slumped in the doorway and he lunged forward towards her, grabbed her by the hair and dragged her up the first flight of stairs,” the prosecuting, Stuart Graham said.
The prosecuting told the court that Simpson threatened to kill the baby.

When the victim broke free and phoned the police, Simpson followed her, grabbed her by the breast, and threw her on the wall where she banged her head, stood on the bed and kicked her stomach.

Graham said that the suspect had both hands around the victim’s throat before the police arrived.

The woman was reportedly too afraid to tell police the truth so the officers left the scene.
The woman went to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Gateshead with stomach cramps, bruising, cuts and scratches.

The baby is fortunately unharmed.