After going through delays and even the threat of a possible cancellation of preorders, Samsung’s first foldable smartphone, the Galaxy Fold, just might make its way to the hands of those who preordered them, as well as those who would want to purchase the device.

Samsung faced problems with the Galaxy Fold after it sent several units to various tech journalists in the U.S. for the purpose of reviewing the device. Several reviewers said the device didn’t last very long before its display broke.

Those who were able to review the device had similar problems. Some of them reported that the foldable smartphone’s display suffered from constant flickering that rendered the device unusable.

One of them said that although the notorious crease wasn’t really a bother, he was surprised to find a bulge on the display within a day of use. Later, the display just stopped working.

Some of the reviewers who experienced the problem said they removed a thin layer of plastic from the display. This layer, Samsung said, wasn’t meant to be removed as it was meant to protect the screen. Still, there were some who didn’t remove the protective layer, yet suffered from the same inoperable display error.

After recalling the review units and looking into the issues itself, Samsung attributed these problems to two major causes: user error and foreign objects entering the phone at its hinges, Tech Crunch reported. Now, the tech giant’s CEO himself has something to say about it.

Speaking to The Korea Herald, Samsung CEO DJ Koh said Samsung “has reviewed the defect caused from substances (that entered the device), and we will reach a conclusion in a couple of days (on the launch).”

Based on Koh’s words, it seems that Samsung is closer than ever to a final decision regarding the foldable device. Whether that final decision means a launch or a cancellation is uncertain; what’s known at the moment is that Samsung is working hard to bring the device to the market.

Interestingly, Koh was asked about a possible launch within this month, He simply replied, “We will not be too late.” His words seem to hint that the phone is indeed seeing a near launch, perhaps earlier than expected.

Of course, the company is still finalizing its decision on the device. Stay tuned for more updates as they come.