- A new Kickstarter project stars an adorable yet crabby-looking cat named AC who poses as 12 magical creatures for a calendar.
- The young assistant of popular U.K. artist David Hockney Sun. died mysteriously Sun at hospital. Dominic Elliott, 23, is being called a "close friend" of the artist's.
- Google Thursday celebrates the Valentine’s Day and the 154th birthday of George Ferris together with an interactive doodle on its homepage.
9/11 Truther Defaces Delacroix's 'Liberty' While Iconic Painting Was On Display At Satellite Of France's LouvreA woman was arrested and charged Thursday with defacing Eugene Delacroix’s famous “Liberty Leading the People” painting at a satellite of the Louvre art museum in France.
- The Amsterdam-based World Press Photo Foundation announced the winners of its 2013 Multimedia Competition on Friday.
- Italian fashion house Fendi will give Rome's Trevi Fountain a $2.93 million facelift -- but it's not the only one in the fashion industry rescuing Italy's cultural treasures.
- Blue Ivy, the daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z, is living lavishly, reportedly receiving a $80,000 Barbie and $200,000 birthday party.
- An Australian statue based on the Venus de Milo was obliterated by lightning, leaving only the breasts in tact.
- A $60 million pushpin-shaped Phoenix Observation Tower could rise 430 feet above Arizona's capital city by 2015.
- Yoko Ono is launching a menswear collection inspired by John Lennon.
- Christian groups are outraged by a painting of Barack Obama that depicts him as Jesus Christ.
- Photographs of the iconic sex symbol Marilyn Monroe and other pictures taken by Milton H. Greene attracted an estimated 500 bidders at an auction conducted by Desa Unicum in Warsaw, Poland.
- A 1932 painting by Pablo Picasso has sold for the hefty price of $41.5 million at an auction hosted by Sothesby’s in New York City on Thursday night.
- Critics are complaining that ‘drunken herds’ of tourists are ruining Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel masterpiece.
Artist Kills 9,000 Butterflies For Art Exhibit, Damien Hirst Comes Under Fire For 'In And Out Of Love' [PHOTO]The artist Damien Hirst has come under fire after it emerged that more than 9,000 butterflies died as part of an art work in his latest exhibition.
- Seven paintings, including works of Picasso, Matisse and Monet's were stolen from a Dutch museums on Tuesday.
- A man who identified himself as Vladimir Umanets told reporters that he defaced a Mark Rothko painting at London's Tate Modern museum.
- A Reddit user created a unique Halloween costume of the botched Cecilia Gimenez Jesus Fresco painting, "Ecce Mono," that has been a hit online.
- Famed ballet dancer and teacher Yvonne Mounsey has died.
- It seems everyone cannot stop talking about the Chanel “hula hoop” bag at Paris Fashion Week. And that’s the whole point.