• The surveillance video was recorded three days before the 911 call
  • The incident was reported on July 11, 2020
  • Kei'mere Marshall died on July 14, 2020
  • He suffered a fractured pelvis, lacerated spleen, and internal bleeding

A video of a 3-year-old child referenced in Rochester court Tuesday revealed that the toddler who was beaten to death had horrific injuries that prevented him from walking even days before his death.

Kei'mere Marshall, 3, was allegedly beaten to death by his mother’s boyfriend Anthony Love, 32, on July 14, 2020. The alleged incident happened when the toddler’s mother left him with Love while she went out for work. The police had arrested Love on charges of murder and Kei'mere’s mother, Andrea Lipton, on charges of manslaughter after she allegedly delayed reporting the incident.

The new video evidence was testified in court by Rochester police investigator Joel Wittman. The video footage shows Andrea appearing in Monroe County Family Court three days before the 911 call that reported the incident, ABC13 reported.

The security cameras at the family court showed that the toddler who suffered from horrific injuries was not in a position to stand or walk by himself, the court was told.

“When she places him on the ground, he is having difficulty standing. At no time is he seen walking by himself. It appeared he did not want to move,” Wittman, told the court after reviewing the video. However, the surveillance video was not played in court.

“He was described as lifeless. He had multiple injuries that people observed at the Hall of Justice,” Sara VanStrydonck, the prosecutor, said.

Kei'mere was reportedly seen unconscious and lying on the floor when the emergency officers responded to the 911 call on July 11. The boy never regained consciousness and succumbed to death three days later at a hospital, reported WFTV. The medical examination revealed that the child suffered a fractured pelvis, lacerated spleen, and internal bleeding, along with other bruises.

“These are the types of injuries - according to doctors - that are consistent with a child being ejected from a motor vehicle at a high rate of speed,” VanStrydonck said.

Andrea had reportedly told a friend that she was fearful of what was going on at her house after she received a text that the toddler has soiled the bed, Wittman testified in court. The investigators also got evidence from the text messages that were sent between the couple on the day of the incident.

The court has not yet scheduled the trial dates for Andrea and Love.