ASAP Yams might have died from a lethal mix of codeine and Xanax, Twitter users suspect. A$AP Worldwide, Polo Grounds, RCA

ASAP Yams did not die from a drug overdose, according to members of ASAP Mob, XXL magazine reported Sunday. After news of ASAP Yams’ death went viral, some assumed an overdose from Xanax and codeine-- or syrup-- might have been to blame for the MC’s death.

In a Twitter message that has since been deleted, Joey Fatts slammed the rumor. “My brother ain't die from no overdose. F--- all you b---- n-----. My brother had severe sleep apnea. And was killing you f--- boys daily,” Fatts wrote, according to XXL magazine.

In posts that are still visible, Fatts said Yams, whose real name was Steven Rodriguez, was the first person to care about him. “He believed in us,” Fatts wrote. “My bestfriend, I love you forever,” he wrote. “Never will I forget you.”

ASAP Ant also denied the overdose rumors after he appeared on Vlad TV. “I just want to clear it up. It’s ain’t no overdose because that’s not the way it is.” He continued, “People keep saying he overdosed on Xanax ... and no that’s not what happened.” The video, which has explicit language, can be viewed below.

The overdose rumors might have stemmed from a 2013 interview Yams had with the New York Times. He admitted to struggling with substance abuse and said while he was on Xanax and codeine at the Coachella music festival, “he almost choked on his own vomit in his sleep,” the Times article reads. Yams also apparently had a tattoo of Xanax bars, with the inscription “Black Out” next to it.

Yams, who died at the age of 26, was one of the founders of ASAP Mob and a co-owner of the record label ASAP Worldwide, the U.K.'s Independent said. He helped launch the careers of people like ASAP Rocky.

Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella